Feel free to throw a spoon at me but can someone help me with my build?

Hello all,

I am a novice when it comes to pc building and parts as this will be my first Gaming rig that i will have built myself. I have tried to take everything into account when it comes to compatibility and whatnot after hours of research and reading through posts and reviews. As this is my first PC that i will have built myself could someone please just have a look over it and see if its okay. Im only really doing this as a precaution as i will be putting a lot of hard earned money for a build that will hopefully last a good while and don't want a stupid mistake to cost me more money than what it is already going to. 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/WFrLgs

Thank you so much for taking time out! I really appreciate it and would like to offer you this cookie 

well that's a title to remember

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

overspending a bit on the motherboard

get a G2 PSU or a 650w GS

do you really need a disc drive I mean cmon..

windows can be gotten much cheaper on G2A

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

i5 and 980ti would do better in gaming. 850 evo is better than 840. Fairly expensive motherboard too.

get a G2 PSU or a 650w GS

it is a g2.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Best Title! No Dont be afraid to ask! This is a tech forum, were here to help you!

Well the only thing i could tell would be to get a WD Black with 7200 Rpm but it doesnt make a lot of performance difference..

-yali :)

99 Kid. Yes. A 'Youngster'.

World famous Couchpotatoe.

do you really need a disc drive I mean cmon..

For £10 why not, they're handy to have, even if it sits at the back of your draw (like mine)... I mean at the total cost of this build what's £10.

@rentaspoon? :P

Seems like a high-end balanced build to me. Points that can change is to maybe switch out the motherboard for a bit less expensive one, and you don't really need a 750W PSU. 650 will suffice.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

For £10 why not, they're handy to have, even if it sits at the back of your draw (like mine)... I mean at the total cost of this build what's £10.

well at least dont install it unless you need it since they make loud noises and I think they make booting take longer

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

well at least dont install it unless you need it since they make loud noises and I think they make booting take longer

yeah, like I said, they're handy to have, it doesn't have to be connected. Hell my case doesn't even have a space for one, but I know If I need to use it for whatever reason I have one I can hook up.

yeah, like I said, they're handy to have, it doesn't have to be connected. Hell my case doesn't even have a space for one, but I know If I need to use it for whatever reason I have one I can hook up.

I i have 1 blue ray drive 2 SATA dvd drives 1 IDE dvd drive and 2 IDE CD drives. None have been used in over 2 years.

They only make noise when you use them, so if you aren't living in the early 2000s it won't be making much noise.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

They only make noise when you use them, so if you aren't living in the early 2000s it won't be making much noise.

For me they make noise even when not in use especially at boot.

I i have 1 blue ray drive 2 SATA dvd drives 1 IDE dvd drive and 2 IDE CD drives. None have been used in over 2 years.

Look all i'm saying is; He's spending £1400 on this build... £10 for a disc drive is next to nothing. He doesn't have to have it plugged in, or even unboxed, but at least he has one. Never know when it may save your ass.

Here is my suggestion OP,

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/YXtsQ7

It stays within your colour scheme and is about the same price for significantly more performance. Before you ask about 2TB of HDD space instead of 3TB, unless you have 3TB of stuff you want on the one drive now you will be better off buying more storage when you need it as prices will be cheaper in the future, may even want to go for 1TB now unless you are certain it will be filled.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

For me they make noise even when not in use especially at boot.

That's weird, you don't happen to have a disc in it upon startup? Or perhaps have it as a higher boot priority than your OS drive in your BIOS?

Spoiler

That's weird, you don't happen to have a disc in it upon startup? Or perhaps have it as a higher boot priority than your OS drive in your BIOS?

That might be it. Not plugged in anyway so meh.

They use to slow down PCs if they where installed on the same ribbon cable and when they where 8x speed cdroms

@rentaspoon? [emoji14]

Seems like a high-end balanced build to me. Points that can change is to maybe switch out the motherboard for a bit less expensive one, and you don't really need a 750W PSU. 650 will suffice.

-gives spoon-

This one is on me

Hello all,

I am a novice when it comes to pc building and parts as this will be my first Gaming rig that i will have built myself. I have tried to take everything into account when it comes to compatibility and whatnot after hours of research and reading through posts and reviews. As this is my first PC that i will have built myself could someone please just have a look over it and see if its okay. Im only really doing this as a precaution as i will be putting a lot of hard earned money for a build that will hopefully last a good while and don't want a stupid mistake to cost me more money than what it is already going to.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/WFrLgs

Thank you so much for taking time out! I really appreciate it and would like to offer you this cookie

Thank you all for the help you gave me on my first build, i have now tweaked it and talking to other people made the following alterations:

Went from a 750W to a 650W PSU from EVGA

GTX 980 up to the 980TI from MSI

Changed the Motherboard to the Z97 Pro Gamer from ASUS

and down to 2tb of Storage knowing that it will be cheaper to buy extra later on if i need it.

I did keep the same CPU as i am into Photography and rendering in Premier and Photoshop so opted with the i7 over the i5 and i found a place where i got a discount on the H100i CPU cooler so was a tad cheaper than the H80i for me.

Love you all and i thank you again for your help <3

EM458 :)

You could get an 850 evo instead.

Your overspending on the motherboard

You could use an i5 4690k just fine .

You could go for 8 gb of ram

You could go for a 980 ti , a fury x or 2 gtx 970s instead of a 980.

But this is a solid build, no incompatibilities, and it should provide good performance

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case