Is RGB Getting Out of Hand?

REX.exe

"Is RGB getting out of hand?"

RZ02-01350100-R3M1_04_BigProductImage.pn

Yes, yes it is...and I like it! :3

Razer has an RGB MOUSE-FREAKING-PAD.

So? I don't think it's that bad of an idea. A lot of mouse pads have wierd color schemes. So adding RGB will help with matching peoples color scheme.

I would've said this was a good idea if MSI had made the board JUST BLACK or maybe with some clear parts on it to let the LEDs change the main look of the board. Instead they have made a red board and just THROWN RGB on there for what feels to be just marketing purposes.

RGB has its place, but only when done well.

In this case, it more of an afterthought, as the motherboard would not be all red if the rgb was a critical part of the design...

Everyone that's mad vids on has hyped it up pretty good. I doubt MSI was thinking that adding RGB to it was just going to be a side feature.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

^^This made my day :D

It exists though...I added a picture in the post.

Damn.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

There's people who can afford it. 

then there's OP. Stop being poor OP. Join the master race. 

Shush. I can be poor if I want to be poor.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

It will get out of hand once there will be RGB dildos.

Unless...

Rainbow_10_scaled.gif

Oh my god...

10/10 best gift for gf.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Shush. I can be poor if I want to be poor.

unacceptable. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

unacceptable. 

Come on. I have a 390 and a 4690k? I can't be that poor can I?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Come on. I have a 390 and a 4690k? I can't be that poor can I?

You do? and when do you plan to update your build log? :D

Oh my god...

10/10 best gift for gf.

Now we need RGB condoms.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Eventually...

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Now we need RGB condoms.

Leave that to me :)

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

I don't necessarily HAVE them. Not yet. 

Still waiting for my PSU and RAM to come back in stock :L UMart's left me hanging for the whole school holidays. I was hoping to open up some more awesome hardware. :(

I'll probably take some pics of my mobo and R1 ultimate on the weekend and update my build log finally.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

I don't necessarily HAVE them. Not yet. 

Still waiting for my PSU and RAM to come back in stock :L UMart's left me hanging for the whole school holidays. I was hoping to open up some more awesome hardware. :(

I'll probably take some pics of my mobo and R1 ultimate on the weekend and update my build log finally.

Ooooo, R1 Ultimate... was eyeballing that one, but would be a shame to ditch my X61

Ooooo, R1 Ultimate... was eyeballing that one, but would be a shame to ditch my X61

I sorta wish I had gotten the Universal instead as it is black AND white and can have super tall RAM in there. Not that I would have gone with anything different from the fury white's I picked up. The Ultimate WAS $20 cheaper though so I suppose it's fine :)

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Seems fine to me. The idea is not that long of a shot, in hindsight it's interesting taht it took them so long.

But I'd also say that a black or white PCB as well as monochrome accents with the cooling (silver, grey, black etc.) is a must. If the cooler should be a user's - then coller should completle be a users choice.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

the razer firefly was in my opinion the thing that took RGB ligthing out of controll. (a F*CKINGS MOUSE MAT WITH SH!TTY RGBS THAT DIE WITHIN WEEKS (one of my friends has had 3 doas and one working firefly since launch))

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

No but if it was I would be happy.

lol RGB is pretty stupid. I'd rather not pay $100 to have fancy lights on my keyboard.

Everything should be RGB, I'd like to change my whole set-ups colour without having to re buy a lot of things.

IMO it's a good business decision for manufacturers to produce RGB motherboards (*ahem* ASUS *ahem*).  Manufacturers can grab that sale that might have off put a buyer from buying that motherboard because it was all red as opposed to a color they want to match their system.

CPU: Intel i5-7600k (4.8 ghz) | Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero | RAM: Corsair LPX (2x8GB) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | CPU Cooler: NH-D15|

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W | Case: Fractal Define R5 | Storage: Samsung EVO 250GB SSD - WD Blue 1TB | Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" 144hz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | 

Mouse: Logitech G602 | Headset: Sennheiser HD558 + V-Moda Boom Pro mic

It got out of hand the moment razer made that stupid rgb mouse mat. But imho if it doesn't add massive amounts of £££ and doesn't take from functionality then why not add it to things we see and use often? Unless it goes beyond the realm of 'that looks cool' and to the point your adding it to a mouse mat.

For every question about the K70 RGB that we get in Peripherals another product should be released with RGB lighting. People want the RGBees!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

So with the release of the new MSI X99 GODLIKE we have been introduced into a whole new LEVEL of motherboards...and stupidity.

It's RGB...

RGB is something that most of us like and have come to appreciate when trying to color match our system. It also helps manufacturers sell more of their products as it opens up their product to all of those who are limited to a certain color. But I'm starting to feel as if everyone is taking this feature out of hand. 

We have mainly seen RGB on things like CPU Coolers, GPU Coolers (Yes, I know the G1 isn't FULL RGB, but you get the idea) and mostly peripherals. This is mainly because they are the main components for aesthetics. But bringing motherboards into this list may be amazing. Or it may not...Of course, RGB lighting will definitely come with a high premium. The X99 GODLIKE is living proof of this. So this may move buyers away from these boards.

Also, MSI decided it would be a good idea to make a board RGB. Then make the physical color of the board 75% red, what the actual fuq? I honestly think that MSI has done a TERRIBLE job introducing this new feature to the motherboard range and should be quite disappointed. The LEDs on the bored also look horrible and will make the REST of the board look bad (the rest looks good) if set to anything BUT red. Ugh.

So what do you think about this new board and just the whole idea of RGB? Do you think there should be RGB on all components eventually, or are you sick of it already?

I personally feel like RGB should not be introduced to motherboards. Instead, make more motherboards of more unique colors. MSI for example makes pretty much ONE color of board (besides Krait and MPower ones). Which annoy me when I want to build a system out of that scheme. Asrock also makes just red and blue ones. Asus is pretty much the only brand that has a board for each color.

I think the heat shrouds should be 3D printable for all motherboards.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Too much RGB?  RGB is a fantastic addition to any product because it gives the consumer choices.  They can personalize it to how they like.  And if they are moody and like to keep things fresh they can simply change the colors.  While no, RGB shouldn't replace all standard products as some don't like to pay the premium, I honestly think RGB should be on everything.  Want the back of your monitor to glow? Make it RGB!  Have your case, MB, graphics card, CPU cooler, fans, keyboard, mouse, monitor all be in RGB would allow for some totally SCI-FI looking setups.