Is RGB Getting Out of Hand?

REX.exe

i think the MSI X99 GODLIKE MB is stupid... not cause of the rgb lights, thats awsome... but why spend the time to put in all the rgb lights and the programming for them... then slap all the red color all over the MB... say i have a blue build and i wanted this for the rgb leds that i can set to blue... well F*** me cause i still have all the freaking red. why not just make it black so the whole idea of RGB to fit your build would ACTUALLY work with any build, and not just a red build... for this MSI i literally think is stupid, worst choice ever

• 2 weeks later...

So with the release of the new MSI X99 GODLIKE we have been introduced into a whole new LEVEL of motherboards...and stupidity.

It's RGB...

RGB is something that most of us like and have come to appreciate when trying to color match our system. It also helps manufacturers sell more of their products as it opens up their product to all of those who are limited to a certain color. But I'm starting to feel as if everyone is taking this feature out of hand. 

We have mainly seen RGB on things like CPU Coolers, GPU Coolers (Yes, I know the G1 isn't FULL RGB, but you get the idea) and mostly peripherals. This is mainly because they are the main components for aesthetics. But bringing motherboards into this list may be amazing. Or it may not...Of course, RGB lighting will definitely come with a high premium. The X99 GODLIKE is living proof of this. So this may move buyers away from these boards.

Also, MSI decided it would be a good idea to make a board RGB. Then make the physical color of the board 75% red, what the actual fuq? I honestly think that MSI has done a TERRIBLE job introducing this new feature to the motherboard range and should be quite disappointed. The LEDs on the bored also look horrible and will make the REST of the board look bad (the rest looks good) if set to anything BUT red. Ugh.

So what do you think about this new board and just the whole idea of RGB? Do you think there should be RGB on all components eventually, or are you sick of it already?

I personally feel like RGB should not be introduced to motherboards. Instead, make more motherboards of more unique colors. MSI for example makes pretty much ONE color of board (besides Krait and MPower ones). Which annoy me when I want to build a system out of that scheme. Asrock also makes just red and blue ones. Asus is pretty much the only brand that has a board for each color.

If you don't like RGB, turn it off. It's as simple as that. I think RGB is a good idea. But this is getting a bit out of hand. :)

I have a theory RGB became popular in support of Gay pride because of the rainbow

That is now part of my biography. Thank you! :D

All is good

hqdefault.jpg

RGB is GREAT for color matching. I think they should have 2 colors of motherboards, white and black with full RGB. that way the boards will match almost any build. 

I love RGB when done right. because it allows perfect color matching/or when I am bored I can turn em into rainbows. xD

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

All is good

hqdefault.jpg

offtopic:

There is a house that is COVERED in RGB LED strips and during holidays they make the house dance to the music, and sometimes putting the lyrics of the current song on the side of the house. Its amazing, and would love to do it to my house some day.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

offtopic:

There is a house that is COVERED in RGB LED strips and during holidays they make the house dance to the music, and sometimes putting the lyrics of the current song on the side of the house. Its amazing, and would love to do it to my house some day.

Yea i saw those on Utbe. amazin shit.

If you don't like RGB, turn it off. It's as simple as that. I think RGB is a good idea. But this is getting a bit out of hand. :)

This thread is almost 2 weeks old. Move on m8...

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I'm still waiting for my RGB RGB LEDs.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Coming soon: Razer RBG gaming edition formula crosshair vii dxracer chair overclocked to 4.3 ghz

Coming soon: Razer RBG gaming edition formula crosshair vii dxracer chair overclocked to 4.3 ghz

uncledoc3.jpg

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

uncledoc3.jpg

tumblr_m54agatCl31qdjrt9o8_250.gif

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

This thread is almost 2 weeks old. Move on m8...

I didn't realize that. xD

There is that stupid Razer RGB mouse pad. That is taking this fad too damn far.

Yes. They are out of hand.

I am totally a Matte Tone Preferenced Person.