Linus, what would you like your kids to grow up and do?

BananaNinja

@LinusTech

Linus what would you like your kids to do when they grow up? should they follow your steps and become some sick expert tech reviewer with questionable fashion or is there any particular field you think they should go into such as Medicine, Engineering, technology?

Community: what do you think Linus' Children should do when they grow up?

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

@LinusTech

Linus what would you like your kids to do when they grow up? should they follow your steps and become some sick expert tech reviewer with questionable fashion or is there any particular field you think they should go into such as Medicine, Engineering, technology?

Linus' children should do whatever they enjoy and they shouldn't listen to or be influenced by us.

LinusFutureTips

but seriously like the person above me said, they should do whatever they want. what makes them happy. that would most likely be the answer from linus

but @LinusTech

Linus' children should do whatever they enjoy and they shouldn't listen to or be influenced by us.

oh yeah I promote their free choice

I was wondering what Linus thought would be a thriving industry that he'd be comfortable for his children to work in

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

As a father of 2 (hopefully more) that are almost identical in age to Linus' kids, I can't imagine him saying anything but the following: They will hopefully do something that brings them satisfaction, enjoyment, security, and if they're really lucky, happiness.  Ideally all in a legal, healthy atmosphere devoid of bigotry, hatred, and racism.  People over complicate this stuff.  Having healthy children with any aspiration in life is all a parent can really hope for.  It doesn't matter WHAT they do, it matters THAT they do it... and make the best of their decisions!  All we can do as parents is support them, guide them, and love them.  It's really very simple.

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

Honestly, that's pretty creepy of you to ask.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Honestly, that's pretty creepy of you to ask.

Ironic coming from your profile gif, lol.

As a father of 2 (hopefully more) that are almost identical in age to Linus' kids, I can't imagine him saying anything but the following: They will hopefully do something that brings them satisfaction, enjoyment, security, and if they're really lucky, happiness.  Ideally all in a legal, healthy atmosphere devoid of bigotry, hatred, and racism.  People over complicate this stuff.  Having healthy children with any aspiration in life is all a parent can really hope for.  It doesn't matter WHAT they do, it matters THAT they do it... and make the best of their decisions!  All we can do as parents is support them, guide them, and love them.  It's really very simple.

that is a perfect answer

+300 Respect

Ironic coming from your profile gif, lol.

Judging someone based on their avatar is beyond ridiculous. What are you, 14? You really are dense...

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Whatever makes them happy. Like most parents

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Judging someone based on their avatar is beyond ridiculous. What are you, 14? You really are dense...

Im sorry it was meant to be a  joke related to your avatar, which I am assuming is meant to be funny, it honestly made me laugh. Apologies if I worded it poorly.

Why would you ask that, pretty sure he wouldn't mention it to people online as Linus never reveled their names. 

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

ChildrenTechTips

PM0aaRL_700wa_0.gif

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)