When did they start calling Slick, Luke?

Dobbsjr

Well Luke is his real name and Slick his nickname..

But I'm not sure since when :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I mean, not like its actually his name or anything, no thatd just be crazy....

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

when he stopped caring about people knowing his real name a few  months after he joined

Some video I watched just recently from a while back Linus was complaining how everyone wanted to be called by their names now.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Since he doesn't really have a mineral oil pc anymore (RIP) Not much of a reason to call him slick save nostalgia. Also, not terribly professional, but hey, it's LTT i think we could care less now xD

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I mean, not like its actually his name or anything, no thatd just be crazy....

I know that's not his real name. 

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

I know that's not his real name. 

I guess to just seem more professional, but then again I didnt think any less of their content when they referred to him as Slick, personally I thought it added character to the channel.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I think it was when Linus started calling everyone by nicknames

Trade show coverage ruined it. For press passes Slick had to use his real name, and the press pass was in all the videos. Then they decided it didn't matter anymore, so they just rolled with it

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

It was a nickname.

"Slick" because when he came for a job to Linus, in his resume he put his mineral oil cooled PC.

Not sure when they started calling him Luke though.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

idfk

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Trade show coverage ruined it. For press passes Slick had to use his real name, and the press pass was in all the videos. Then they decided it didn't matter anymore, so they just rolled with it

When I started watching I thought Edzel was one of Linus's cats

headdesk_zpsd541c89d.gif

Like @Hazy125 said, it was some event coverage. They had sponsored video content with hosts name at bottom overlay. Its just not professional when doing that kind of thing to use nicknames. Same event brought Luke's full surname to general public.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Like @Hazy125 said, it was some event coverage. They had sponsored video content with hosts name at bottom overlay. Its just not professional when doing that kind of thing to use nicknames. Same event brought Luke's full surname to general public.

this. I believe they had a team of 3 or 4 when they used nicknames. kind of went away as they grew and that^

I still call him slick when I talk about LTT