Nintendo NX might not be a next gen console

GoodBytes

Nintendo NX might actually not be Nintendo's next gaming console, but rather a replacement to the WiiU or something completely apart.

The reason for this, is that Nintendo said at their 75th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, that the company has no plans to stop support of WiiU game console, and that WiiU games will continue to have games after the NX is released. Granted this doesn't say for how long. However, as 2016 approaches, we are entering the area of end of the gaming console in terms of age. So, it could a transition phase that Nintendo plans to not screw over WiiU users, and by the time it is cut, well the WiiU would have gotten a good set of years by 2017, and would time for a replacement. So it can be seen that way.

Iwata said on the question of continue support of the WiiU after NX is released

Regarding your concern about what will happen to Wii U or what will happen to Nintendo 3DS, NX is a new platform, so the installed base will have to be built up from zero. When NX is launched, there already will be a certain volume of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U hardware widely existing in the market, so from a software business perspective, it would be highly inefficient to stop releasing titles for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U right after the launch of NX. Therefore, while we are preparing NX for the future, we are discussing within our internal development teams as well as with the second-party developers we co-develop software with and also with third-party software publishers about how to continue creating software for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Liam Robertson, a reputable leaker of accurate rumors, on Twitter said that the NX will be less powerful than the PS4 and XBox One. So unless there is a last minute change, it won't be a next gen console per se in terms of specs.

You may also remember that Nintendo said that it is was working on a "way of life" project, and interested in Sharp custom shape displays.

Source 1: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/150626qa/03.html

Source 2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1074926

Source 3: http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/17/7408719/nintendo-screens-sharp-free-form-lcd

They also said it wont be a replacement for the Wii U :o

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

They also said it wont be a replacement for the Wii U :o

they always say that when a new console or handheld is making news...they dont want to hault sales of what you can currently get your hands on. 

if not to compete with the ps4 in the power level then what the hell are they making one wtf Nintendo

nintendo will be the new sega

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Regardless of if this guy is a "reputable" person, this is still a rumor and should be treated as such.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

they always say that when a new console or handheld is making news...they dont want to hault sales of what you can currently get your hands on. 

Well, the DS and Wii did go on for some time after the 3DS and Wii U (respectively) got released.

Good bye, Nintendo. Mario and Link can't save this sinking ship anymore.

Well Zelda games sell very good still and actually get very good reviews (both from big outlets and users), Mario.. Gets good reviews, but people generally say it still is the same all the time.

But one series that gets Nintendo a lot of money, is Pokemon.

The main game series still sell A LOT. Not only copies of the game, but also systems.

9WrTtX9.png

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You may also remember that Nintendo said that it is was working on a "way of life" project, and interested in Sharp custom shape displays.

NX isn't their QoL platform.

Well, the DS and Wii did go on for some time after the 3DS and Wii U (respectively) got released.

Well Zelda games sell very good still and actually get very good reviews (both from big outlets and users), Mario.. Gets good reviews, but people generally say it still is the same all the time.

The main game series still sell A LOT. Not only copies of the game, but also systems.

The people who say that all Mario games are the same are those who have no interest in playing them. More power wouldn't change that.

Apple does it all the time and it doesn't hurt their sales ..

The people who say that all Mario games are the same are those who have no interest in playing them. More power wouldn't change that.

I dunno, I like Mario, but it is true a bit IMO.

They usually do release the same type of game twice (like New Super Mario Bros and it's 3 sequels, Mario Galaxy and its sequel, Super Mario Land 3D and its sequel, Mario 64 and Sunshine, although that is stretching it).

Of course, they are fun.. But eh.. Not as much innovation as a Zelda or a Pokemon (although Pokemon is not really a good example for innovation)

Next year is the year of the 14/16nm FinFet everything. So consoles coming out in 2016 or 2017 would probably be based on ZEN/Greenland architecture. Imagine a standard priced console with the processing power of a 380/390 series. Should be doable I would think.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I dunno, I like Mario, but it is true a bit IMO.

They usually do release the same type of game twice (like New Super Mario Bros and it's 3 sequels, Mario Galaxy and its sequel, Super Mario Land 3D and its sequel, Mario 64 and Sunshine, although that is stretching it).

Of course, they are fun.. But eh.. Not as much innovation as a Zelda or a Pokemon (although Pokemon is not really a good example for innovation)

Other than NSMB, you're grasping straws with this entire point. Two games per generation using similar concepts isn't a big deal (most other companies are WAY worse), and OoT, MM, TWW, TP, and SS have way more in common than SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and SM3DW. And Pokemon... lol. You're kidding, right? (I say this as a big Pokemon fan.)

Nintendo has some serious branding issues. 

Other than NSMB, you're grasping straws with this entire point. Two games per generation using similar concepts isn't a big deal (most other companies are WAY worse), and OoT, MM, TWW, TP, and SS have way more in common than SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and SM3DW. And Pokemon... lol. You're kidding, right? (I say this as a big Pokemon fan.)

I'm a huge Pokemon fan as well, I have played pretty much all Main series games (sometimes both or all 3). Just that off the bat, not a Pokemon hater.

I think they have been the same for soooo long now. Gen 6 was very disappointing for me, as it felt like a lot of the same..

And I think Mario has been just as bad. All the New Super Mario Bros. feel like the same..

But Zelda games.. Just don't feel like much of the same, because the puzzles are often very different. But I can't judge it much, have not played most of the Zelda games

Let's just wait.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Apple does it all the time and it doesn't hurt their sales ..

different products, different companies, different customer base. Been a Nintendo fanboy since the NES, its always the same story with them. 

Now I'm both confused and very interested. Just what is NX going to be then!? 

And also, if it were suppose to be a home console, why and how would it affect 3DS sales/game sales? Maybe the NX combines both the WiiU and 3DS in some way, shape, or form? I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas, because I'm just not sure what the NX would be now...

Nintendo, whatever you do, don't screw this up.

COMIC SANS

9WrTtX9.png

Look at the dates though... The latest one is from 2014 and it is also the lowest-selling on the list...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Look at the dates though... The latest one is from 2014 and it is also the lowest-selling on the list...

No, look at Pokémon xD from 2005, selling at around 1.37

Next year is the year of the 14/16nm FinFet everything. So consoles coming out in 2016 or 2017 would probably be based on ZEN/Greenland architecture. Imagine a standard priced console with the processing power of a 380/390 series. Should be doable I would think.

Thinking along those lines if Nintendo went to crazy town and did some sort play station/Nintendo redux except with Nintendo teaming with valve and steam OS? CPU and GPU with 16gb HBM shared? I know it will never happen.

I'm a huge Pokemon fan as well, I have played pretty much all Main series games (sometimes both or all 3). Just that off the bat, not a Pokemon hater.

I think they have been the same for soooo long now. Gen 6 was very disappointing for me, as it felt like a lot of the same..

And I think Mario has been just as bad. All the New Super Mario Bros. feel like the same..

But Zelda games.. Just don't feel like much of the same, because the puzzles are often very different. But I can't judge it much, have not played most of the Zelda games

NSMB is the exception, not the rule.

Even if you had read this correctly, would it really be shocking that the newest game hasn't yet matched some older ones? Especially a remake...

um, I see someone corrected you already..

But even BW2 (a full double release) sold less.

NSMB is the exception, not the rule.

How so? I don't understand what you are trying to say.