Who is Packard Bell?

deavmi

Wat? No.

You are right, guess I should have checked it out better than use my fading memory....duh

You are right, guess I should have checked it out better than use my fading memory....duh

Compaq was eventually bought by HP and served as the budget line. Before that they actually made decent laptops.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Made of plastic, run hot and slow and the price/performance is shit like most prebuilts

I used to have a Packard Bell EasyNote laptop

The old ones were cool though,

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

On that who remembers gateway?

Remembers Gateway? Dude, they're still around.

Basically, Gateway is the North American "Discount" line for Acer, and Packard Bell is the European/Asian equivalent.

FYI, Gateway still earns about $4 Billion USD per year in Revenue (Correction: That $4 Bn USD is from 2006 - their 2014/2015 revenue is likely vastly decreased from that) (Please note: Revenue != Profit. Revenue is simply all income before expenses).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Remembers Gateway? Dude, they're still around.

Basically, Gateway is the North American "Discount" line for Acer, and Packard Bell is the European/Asian equivalent.

FYI, Gateway still earns about $4 Billion USD per year in Revenue (Correction: That $4 Bn USD is from 2006 - their 2014/2015 revenue is likely vastly decreased from that) (Please note: Revenue != Profit. Revenue is simply all income before expenses).

They only collapsed in oz then. They used to be big and make good PCs from this market...they still like a shadow of their former self

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

They were a notoriously bad computer company, they got in a lot of legal trouble over using used parts in there computers and failing to notify the consumer about it. They ended up getting in a huge lawsuit and now they no longer operate in America. I think they were named the worst computer company of the 1990's.

Didn't Packard Bell become Compaq and were eventually bought out by HP?

I think compaq is completely seperate from PB. I could be wrong.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I think compaq is completely seperate from PB. I could be wrong.

Compaq and PB have literally no relation to each other. They are - and have always been - separate companies, or owned by separate parent companies.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Who is Packard Bell? And are they known for anything, good products etc. ? :D

i have a 15 old laptop that still works, i'd none of them are fast, but you can count on it to last for about 30 years- 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

My first computer was a packard bell.. Terrible build quality, it broke 3 times within a few months, had to ship it out each time it broke too, at our cost.

http://www.backoffice.be/prod_uk/Packard_Bell/p180111614_packard_bell_platinum_8700_gf_rw_mt_1_x_piii_.asp

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Taco Bell's cousin?

jk I'm not sure myself.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

They were the first ones to use custom fonts for pictograms in printed papers. They were one of the developers of unix iirc. 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]