FINALLY got my Gigabyte G1 980 Ti! It's heavy, hot, fast, overclocks real well and loud. *pics & vid*

Arct1c0n

I am still floored at how much heat that 980Ti gigabyte put out compared to my 980,  My entire computer turned into a blast furnace last night when I had that GIgabyte running and overclocked on whitcher 3 at 1514mhz core,

I couldn't believe how much more heat it was putting out, my temps even at 70% fan were 75c at one point before the overclock failed and the GPU crashed to desktop. At that speed, the noise is unacceptable to me, so its going back to newegg which refused to give me a refund, so i'm stuck with store credit.

130% power limit? Does that vary per card? My EVGA only lets me go up to 110%.

Someone tell me it's pointless\stupid\crazy to sell my EVGA SC+ ACX card and buy one of these..... 

because im tempted

130% power limit? Does that vary per card? My EVGA only lets me go up to 110%.

Someone tell me it's pointless\stupid\crazy to sell my EVGA SC+ ACX card and buy one of these..... 

because im tempted

Modded no doubt...

I can take mine to 133% (Modded)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Modded no doubt...

I can take mine to 133% (Modded)

No, Gigabyte allows 130% outta the box and yes, it can help with OC stability

I could not go that high out of the box....without modding it to do so.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yea this is pretty standard for gigabyte. Msi tends to go lower with power limit as does evga. It is extremely noticable on the 970s as LITERALLY all of the overclocking difference is due to power limit.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I could not go that high out of the box....without modding it to do so.

That was for my G1 Gaming 980Ti model, not stock reference model. 

That was for my G1 Gaming 980Ti model, not stock reference model. 

Oh okay, must be like that for 980Ti's,  I forgot to mention before Im using the 970 G1.

This is making me reconsider building a Mini ITX ... anyway other cooler 980 ti alternative?

i7 5930k 4GHz ASRock Fatal1ity X99M 32GB DDR4-3000MHz Ripjaw 4 GTX 980 Ti 2-way SLI (Gigabyte Windforce) Corsair Air 240 400GB Intel 750 SSD M.2 (NVMe), 2TB WD Black

This is making me reconsider building a Mini ITX ... anyway other cooler 980 ti alternative?

Classified

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I had a feeling it was going back after that review....SO loud.

I just got mine in today. I only got a 68% ASIC. It's also really damn loud under load. I'm considering RMA for another, but I'm not sure if that would be worth it. I got it to 1491 mhz boost clock, and it was stable through Heaven and some gaming, but then I had a driver crash on desktop, so I added 12 mV to it, and hopefully that will stabilize it out.

Does ASIC quality really seem to effect anything? My EVGA card has 79.6% and it won't push beyond 1485 mhz. 

It should be a good metric of the card's overclock-ability. It's weird that I can push mine further than yours with that big of a difference.

Mine was 70.8 and it got to 1514 on the core before artifacting

It should be a good metric of the card's overclock-ability. It's weird that I can push mine further than yours with that big of a difference.

110% power limit. I get driver crashes in firestrike \ Battlefield 4 if I push the core clock beyond 150 (on top of the factory overclock). Increasing the voltage doesn't seem to help.

The highest reported clock speed from MSI Afterburner is 1485. Bit of a bummer after seeing how high the ASIC is.

z0IgMN0.png

Not that another 25 mhz would make a difference anyways.

110% power limit. I get driver crashes in firestrike \ Battlefield 4 if I push the core clock beyond 150 (on top of the factory overclock). Increasing the voltage doesn't seem to help.

The highest reported clock speed from MSI Afterburner is 1485. Bit of a bummer after seeing how high the ASIC is.

z0IgMN0.png

Not that another 25 mhz would make a difference anyways.

I've got mine at 130% power limit and +12 mV. I found that I was hitting the voltage limit with the power at only ~80% at the highest, so I needed to add a bit more voltage to get it stable. I may mess with it more to try to hit 1500 (though 1491 is basically the same, anyway).

won't these extreme OCs'  shorten the life and ruin your video cards in the process?

won't these extreme OCs'  shorten the life and ruin your video cards in the process?

The temps are well under control, and we're not pumping that much extra voltage into them. Now if you're talking custom bios to overvolt it even more and a waterblock to have any chance of keeping it cool, then maybe. As it stands now, there's no way I will have this card long enough for it to matter. And I don't think it will matter, any way.

This actually makes me think twice about getting the G1 980Ti. 

Might do some wishful thinking and plan on getting an MSI Lightning 980Ti if/when one releases and an active dual link adaptor to go with my DVI only monitors.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

If the Asus 980 ti comes out within my return window, then I may return for that one. If it can reach similar clock speeds (~1500) and stay cool, then it would be great--as I'm sure that it will be quieter. 

schnip

what core voltage are you getting 1514mhz at?

sweet mini-review btw

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

Wow that's bad. I'm really glad I didn't order this card because I was considering it. Seems as if MSI's card is the quietest and Zotac's high end card is in the middle while this card is the loudest. Which is so weird.. the 980 didn't have this issue. 0.o

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.