FINALLY got my Gigabyte G1 980 Ti! It's heavy, hot, fast, overclocks real well and loud. *pics & vid*

Arct1c0n

So without the OC, what was your typical fan speed percentage when gaming?

At 70% and above its crazy loud, but 50% doesn't seem horribly bad, and if it keeps it in the low 70s and below that's acceptable. In fact anything in the 70s is still decent. Id take 78C temps if if it kept it around 30% fan speed.

Always do my own fan curves so it was in upper 60% speed on witcher 3 with ultra settings at 1440p which was too loud for my taste and poor temps unless I did it higher

Always do my own fan curves so it was in upper 60% speed on witcher 3 with ultra settings at 1440p which was too loud for my taste and poor temps unless I did it higher

So what are poor temps if you don't mind me asking?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

So what are poor temps if you don't mind me asking?

For me, anything that gets into the mid 70's

So any 3Dmark links? I'm getting my 980Ti sendt to me the 17th, interesting in seeing some OC.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

Nope, I don't care about synthetic benchmarks anymore, gave up that bragging crap years ago

Grats on your new card :) As for the noise I solve everything with good old headphones. Its a habit cause i don't like speakers for my audio exp of the game. Also ppl say the MSI is a good choice when it comes to noise and cooling. So maybe you could replace your card for theirs if its an option.

Catman - a Wolverine wanna be