Confirmed: Michigan is America's #1 state

Arty

mine?

in your title xD

I think you have some of that confused with Hawaii.

Nah, Cali's got plenty of everything.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh-UHH??? No. No way. A history of bankruptcy and broken car manufacturing corporations, plus some of the highest crime and death rates in the country? no thanks, I think I'll just... move to some tropical island somewhere.

And by "some" tropical island you mean Riker's island?

Nope. Just some random-ass atoll in the middle of the pacific or some place like that.

Nope. Just some random-ass atoll in the middle of the pacific or some place like that.

Go to the Channel Islands.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

been to Cleveland, can confirm. Made me feel better about Fort Wayne 

I spent a month in Cleveland one night.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

You're all fucking wrong. It's obviously Cali. Home of beaches, beach babes, surf and turf, the bay, and thrills. Oh yeah, home of silicon.

Don't you mean home of silicone?

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

Don't you mean home of silicone?

How have you not heard of Silcon Valley

Ohio is boring as all hell.

North-West Ohio, at least. It's all flatlands... fields. It sucks.

Down south toward Kentucky and a little to the east, where it gets all hilly and mountainous, that's a little better.

The Cincinnati area is great. It is very hilly, biggest metro area in Ohio (including the suburbs in Kentucky), Kings Island (Amusement park), tons of parks, one of the best zoos in the country, the Cincinnati Museum Center, MLB and NFL trams (though sometimes they may suck), Music Hall, University of Cincinnati (beautiful campus with great contemporary arcitecture), and many, many other things. It's a very pretty place during the spring, summer, and fall.

Please note that the longish rant below me was, in retrospect, a bit harsh and I would definitely suggest a grain of salt while reading it. It's definitly my subjective opinion.

Please note that I lived in Michigan for over a year. I've been to all sections of the state. I've experienced the cities, the small towns, the lakes, the remote forests, etc.. Also note that most of this is my subjective opinions and I'm in a rather bad mood. I apologize if I offend you with this. I really haven't found a 'good' state. Quiet honestly I doubt there is. There are simply just good cities, towns, religions, etc.. Michigan has these, I really like the small-towns that still hold on to the 'Great Lakes' culture. Anyways, on with the rant. Also when I say 'mid-western' people, I definitely don't mean all Midwestern people as most Midwestern people I've met are rather pleasant, I simply am referring to the rather large unpleasant stereotypical Midwestern people.

With the exceptions of 'Great Lake' areas and culture, the state itself is a depressed and decayed wasteland of American failure. The winters are f*cking cold, and it snows almost constantly if you live by the lakes (lake effect as it is called). I hate winter. The crime is horrible. The people (excluding those who still hold on to the classic Michigan culture, which isn't very many) tend to be no different than those in the mid-west except for the few northern yuppies that have begun to occupy the more touristy/resort/clean towns.

Break down of the article:

Yes, incredible breweries, because you would be f*cking miserable if you had to be there sober.

Saying Detroit is making some head way is not impressive. When you hit the ground, there is no where else to go but up. I would rather live on a life raft in the middle of the pacific ocean for a week than live my life in Detroit. Flint is even worse though it's less famous.

More coastline, yes. The lakes are rather nice, but they smell.

More alcohol. Please, not everyone likes to be in a constant state of wasted.

The UP might as well be its own state, I agree. It's generally an interesting place. However, it does not make up for the state as a whole at all.

More beer, because, again, it's hard to find most of Michigan enjoyable if you are sober.

Oh, and sports. So much sports that it almost rivals Ohio in cultist-obsession with football and other sports. JK all hail our lord and savior Brutus the Buckeye

It surprises me that Florida is so low on the list, then again I really can't think of a good reason to go except for the theme parks.

I'd agree with Ohio being so low. This state is nothing but over-sized suburbs, depressed cities, stripmalls, and stereotypical unpleasant mid-western people. This state had so much going for it and so many opportunities to gain notability in art, culture, business, industry, technology, etc., and practically wasted it all. We don't even have a single f*cking passenger train going through the capital city of Columbus. That is a sign of how lacking our industry is and how little the state government actually wants to improve things. We should have had a high-speed rail line a long time ago as well, which would have brought some high-tech jobs and put a spot-light on Ohio as being rather progressive in its new technology adoption. But the suburbians didn't want to develop, the 'small towners' didn't want to pay for it, and the government was too incompetent to properly way the advantages and disadvantages.

/rant

tl;dr I don't really care for Michigan, I definitely don't think it should have got such a high rank, and I think Ohio deserves it's low rating. Both states have their charm, but, with the exceptions of the lakes, Michigan isn't really any different than any other depressed northern mid-west state.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

The Cincinnati area is great. It is very hilly, biggest metro area in Ohio (including the suburbs in Kentucky), Kings Island (Amusement park), tons of parks, one of the best zoos in the country, the Cincinnati Museum Center, MLB and NFL trams (though sometimes they may suck), Music Hall, University of Cincinnati (beautiful campus with great contemporary arcitecture), and many, many other things. It's a very pretty place during the spring, summer, and fall.

Cincinnati is the best city in Ohio, but it isn't great. Kings Island is a nice but rather generic amusement park. Cedar Point is significantly better, but that is also in Ohio. The parks tend to be just rather hilly forest that no one wanted to develop on. Regardless, they are really well kept up compared to many other parks I've been to around the nation. I completely forgot about the zoos. Cincinnati's zoo is a really nice zoo, and the Columbus Zoo has been repeatedly ranked the best in the country for very good reasons. It's a great zoo.

My point is, Cincinnati isn't anything special, it's just a semi-decent city. Ohio in general is incredibly boring with nothing but farms and strip malls.

I'm done with the hating now, the feelings of regret are starting to settle in as I remember how it could always be worse.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Sources say we're going to get google fiber in detroit, Soon*.

*in 3 years

Woo!

Sources say we're going to get google fiber in detroit, Soon*.

*in 3 years

WE were going to get it first

but then they got scared.

WE were going to get it first

but then they got scared.

No we are. They should have started on home turf.

How have you not heard of Silcon Valley

How have you not heard of Hollywood? :P

I live Michigan-adjacent in Canada. Most of my experience with it is metro Detroit (total shit-hole) but I've never heard anything nice about the rest of the state either. Article seems to mostly care about them having a lot of beer. Yay?

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

stroopwafels > pizza

Nonsense :P pizza > everything

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I bet you guys don't know anything about manitoba because most of us canadians sure as hell don't.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Nationalism..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I bet you guys don't know anything about manitoba because most of us canadians sure as hell don't.

LOOOOOOL!:P I know that the manitoba moose are going to play there....That has to count as knowledge.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.