Confirmed: Michigan is America's #1 state

Arty

I used to live in Michigan.

Place was a sh*thole, everyone was rude as hell. Nice weather though.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I used to live in Michigan.

Place was a sh*thole, everyone was rude as hell. Nice weather though.

Oregon wins no matter what. Nice people, southern Oregon has Cali weather - bad water. It is perfect. 

Oregon wins no matter what. Nice people, southern Oregon has Cali weather - bad water. It is perfect. 

Never been to the west coast so I wouldn't know. Furthest west I've been is Louisiana. People were nice, but FUCK that humidity.

Virginia is the #1 patriotic state so there :P

http://wavy.com/2015/06/29/virginia-named-most-patriotic-state/

netherlands > the rest of the world

My Opa left there in the 30s and never went back, and most of my relatives there now talk about how they want to move somewhere else.

Also we have stroopwafels here too.
http://thedutchstore.com/WEBSTORE/productinfo.aspx?itemno=09203&FILTER=&TYPE=ITEMCATEGORY&CODE=134&SORT=&KEY=stroop

Never been to the west coast so I wouldn't know. Furthest west I've been is Louisiana. People were nice, but FUCK that humidity.

Should come out west sometime. Who doesn't want  this: 

south-park-sparks-sister-lake-forest-ore

Should come out west sometime. Who doesn't want  this: 

-snip

I plan on it. Especially to any state that has legalized marijuana. I just hope they wake up and pass legislation where you can't be fired for using when not at work. (companies shouldn't be able to fire you for something you do on your own time)

I plan on it. Especially to any state that has legalized marijuana. I just hope they wake up and pass legislation where you can't be fired for using when not at work.

Oregon has legalized marijuana, as of yesterday. I woke up to someone walking down the street smoking some of it. 

Oregon has legalized marijuana, as of yesterday. I woke up to someone walking down the street smoking some of it. 

Yeah I just read a news article about it. Some party on a bridge in Portland. Now if only Virginia (and the rest of the states) would wake the hell up.

Yeah I just read a news article about it. Some party on a bridge in Portland. Now if only Virginia (and the rest of the states) would wake the hell up.

I believe it. We find any reason we can to party :P. Ain't that right @STRMfrmXMN

I believe it. We find any reason we can to party :P. Ain't that right @STRMfrmXMN

Sounds like a fun place to live. How's the internet in remote areas?

Sounds like a fun place to live. How's the internet in remote areas?

I am in a small suburb and get 120 Down and 60 Up. 

I plan on it. Especially to any state that has legalized marijuana. I just hope they wake up and pass legislation where you can't be fired for using when not at work. (companies shouldn't be able to fire you for something you do on your own time)

It would be hard to pass such a law as marijuana is still against federal law.  Colorado and Washington just stopped enforcing the federal laws and removed the state laws.

otherwise I would agree.

I am in a small suburb and get 120 Down and 60 Up. 

Nice. I'm thinking more remote than that. I want no neighbors lol

It would be hard to pass such a law as marijuana is still against federal law.  Colorado and Washington just stopped enforcing the federal laws and removed the state laws.

otherwise I would agree.

Yeah, we really need to fix that as well.

Nice. I'm thinking more remote than that. I want no neighbors lol

My uncle owns a cabin in the deeps woods outside Detroit Oregon, he gets about 40 down and 8 up. Nobody for a mile or so, and then his neighbor after that is a state nature park. 

My uncle owns a cabin in the deeps woods outside Detroit Oregon, he gets about 40 down and 8 up. Nobody for a mile or so, and then his neighbor after that is a state nature park. 

Dayum. I only get 10 down and 1 up and my driveway is almost a mile long.

I really just want to be able to shoot my rifles on my own property without having to worry about hitting someone. (also without them whining about the noise. Another reason I hate living in the city, noise ordinances.)

Dayum. I only get 10 down and 1 up and my driveway is almost a mile long.

I really just want to be able to shoot my rifles on my own property without having to worry about hitting someone. (also without them whining about the noise. Another reason I hate living in the city, noise ordinances.)

My other uncle owns a large farm, he shoots on his property. Uses opossums as targets xD

Yeah, we really need to fix that as well.

I agree, though there will still be some jobs that can still test for it. Ones that require security clearances, construction,  as well as driving related jobs.

I bought a recurve bow to shoot in my suburban backyard for that very same reason.  Lets me scratch the itch without getting in trouble or bothering with the cost and effort of going to a range.

My other uncle owns a large farm, he shoots on his property. Uses opossums as targets xD

I agree, though there will still be some jobs that can still test for it. Ones that require security clearances, construction,  as well as driving related jobs.

I bought a recurve bow to shoot in my suburban backyard for that very same reason.  Lets me scratch the itch without getting in trouble or bothering with the cost and effort of going to a range.

Yeah, I've got enough room where I live at now, but my father is a dickhead when it comes to guns. He thinks a rifle is going to go 7 miles, through fairly dense forest, that's also uneven terrain (not "mountainy" but definitely "hilly"). So for some reason I can't shoot my AR or my .308 savage.

The sad thing is, I've got a spot and direction picked out, and looked at it on google earth, nothing for 15 miles in that direction.

Yeah, he's an idiot.

Yeah, I've got enough room where I live at now, but my father is a dickhead when it comes to guns. He thinks a rifle is going to go 7 miles, through fairly dense forest, that's also uneven terrain (not "mountainy" but definitely "hilly"). So for some reason I can't shoot my AR or my .308 savage.

The sad thing is, I've got a spot and direction picked out, and looked at it on google earth, nothing for 15 miles in that direction.

Yeah, he's an idiot.

Have you seen tracers up against some trees. Bullets fly everywhere after initial contact. 

Have you seen tracers up against some trees. Bullets fly everywhere after initial contact. 

Yes but they don't go far enough to actually reach any thing anywhere near us. We've got at least a half a mile in every direction. Not to mention I'm shooting at a downward trajectory.

Yeah, he's an idiot.

What if you built a berm? It doesn't have to be particularly large so long as it is dense enough to stop .308

Not only would this prevent the rare chance someone would get hit by an inadvertent bullet, but you can set up your own covered bench area and make it look really nice.

What if you built a berm? It doesn't have to be particularly large so long as it is dense enough to stop .308

Not only would this prevent the rare chance someone would get hit by an inadvertent bullet, but you can set up your own covered bench area and make it look really nice.

Would totally do that if I had the money. But like I said, I'm basically shooting into a giant berm. The land slopes down, and then back up. I'm shooting downwards, into trees.

I'll take a picture. brb.

Edit: Here's where I'm shooting.

ai8Tlqf.jpg

The three little buildings in the distance are old, unused, empty, and falling apart. Realistically I could shoot them, but they technically belong to the landlord. Not that he probably cares because they're all basically falling down.

(ignore the burn pile. That's going up this winter. Will be sure to post a video lol)

I can appreciate the cost problem.

Maybe a cheaper solution could be a brick wall and the use of steel targets.

Just trying to think of a solution that your father would accept if his only concern is safety.

I don't really know the point of this... but I won't miss an opportunity to be #1! Michigan is alright minus Detroit, but even that is improving rapidly.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Would totally do that if I had the money. But like I said, I'm basically shooting into a giant berm. The land slopes down, and then back up. I'm shooting downwards, into trees.

I'll take a picture. brb.

If you like remote and gun-OK and wilderness-y then check out the Oregon coast by, I dunno... Cannot Beach? We stay in a cabin there on occasion and you can find remote houses, just harder to find them. It's not easy in the greener parts of Oregon, just putting that out there. Most of Oregon has been cannibalized as a metropolis. I would think Washington would have a lot more remote, open areas available to live in if you avoid Seattle. Where I live in Portland though you're a ways from freedom of people. Also I get about 60 down 12 up with Xfinity, but provided you get your own router they really aren't bad here.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||