Playing games by sharing computer's CPU and GPU

Okay so this is a pretty dumb question but still I will ask it shamelessly.

I have three laptops in my home. Every single of them has pretty much the same graphics card and processor. What I want to do is use one of the laptop as a main machine and using the other two just to give power to it. Meaning, sharing the CPU and GPU so I can play the game without any type of lag after that. 

Any type of suggestion is appreciated. Also tell me if it can be done via wifi or wired connection or not done at all!

Thanks for any advice.

I have three laptops in my home. Every single of them has pretty much the same graphics card and processor. What I want to do is use one of the laptop as a main machine and using the other two just to give power to it. Meaning, sharing the CPU and GPU so I can play the game without any type of lag after that. 

Any type of suggestion is appreciated. Also tell me if it can be done via wifi or wired connection or not done at all!

Thanks for any advice.

i never heard anything like this.

The only thing that comes up to mind is a VM with a remote access, but it'd be way too laggy to play something more fast-paced than XCOM.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

dont think you can do that, atleast not with laptops as far as i know

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Thanks for any advice.

It is possible to link computers together and have them work in tandem to perform a task, however you can't do it with normal programs.

i never heard anything like this.

Its similar to distributed computing but on a smaller scale.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If I could game like this I would connect my PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, shitty laptop, and kinda-gaming laptop to get 60 fps in medium settings 0_0 Not a console plebeian by the way.

It is possible to link computers together and have them work in tandem to perform a task, however you can't do it with normal programs.

Its similar to distributed computing but on a smaller scale.

I am thinking that if we install the games on every machine and do something after that. Because if this can happen, we can blow AAA games even with budget PCs/Laptops.

together.. we can build a MEGASUPERCOMPUTER!!!!!

I know a guy who sells PS2s for $3.... MEGASUPAPLAYSHATIONDOS

I am thinking that if we install the games on every machine and do something after that. Because if this can happen, we can blow AAA games even with budget PCs/Laptops.

Don't get me wrong, its a good idea (I thought of doing this myself with my older computers), but its just not possible to do for games and most programs.

PMSL

together.. we can build a MEGASUPERCOMPUTER!!!!!

I know a guy who sells PS2s for $3.... MEGASUPAPLAYSHATIONDOS

Don't get me wrong, its a good idea (I thought of doing this myself with my older computers), but its just not possible to do for games and most programs.

Meaning if we can change a program a little bit or build a virtual environment in which we can play games like Folding@Home like thingy it can happen?

Meaning if we can change a program a little bit or build a virtual environment in which we can play games like Folding@Home like thingy it can happen?

Never know F@H was a game

Never know F@H was a game

I am not saying it is a game. Just a game like that software.

I am not saying it is a game. Just a game like that software.

Oh I get it :) but you can just have F@H running on all three laptops at once instead of going through the trouble of connecting them.

In theory, but you would need the source code for the games and alot of time.

PMSL

In theory, but you would need the source code for the games and alot of time.

I'll try it.

I'll try it.

Getting the source code for just 1 game legally will be extremely difficult, and then you need to do the same for every game or program that you want running across the computers, then there is the issue of having a fast enough connection between the computers.

PMSL

The closest thing to this is Steam In-home streaming but it doesn't work the way you want. It uses your desktop to render and streams it to your lower powered device.

The fact that you even thought of this is quite sad really, just sell your laptops and build a desktop

Thanks for any advice.

If this is even possible, you'd need enough equipment and expertise to put it together that you may as well have just gotten a decent gaming PC to begin with.

A tidbit of pointless theory: USB 3.1, the newest and still rarest USB standard out there, tops out at 1.25 GB/s. Common consumer wifi routers stop at about 1 Gb/s (125 MB/s). Compare those to PCIe 3.0 16x at a massive 32 GB/s. That's why it would be a pretty big problem to have a CPU talking to a video card across anything but a motherboard connection.