MSI vs EVGA vs GIGABITE vs GAINWARD

So i was wondering is MSI a good brand to go with because out of all these brands msi is cheapest for the GTX 780 by £50 wich is a fair bit when you want to get 2. So my 2nd question, is there customer service good or not and should i go with msi?

MSI, EVGA and GIgabyte a big and trustworthy companies here. never heard of gainward though

My friend has 2x gainward 3gb 580s and they run fine, and msi is a good brand but i like asus 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

I have a MSI motherboard and GPU. Both worked perfectly, but then one time I flashed the BIOS on the motherboard incorrectly and I had to get a replacement. Took 3 weeks to get a replacement which is not too bad.

EVGA has the best customer service, but I like the MSI GPUs better.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Go with Asus there DCUII cooling is awesome Linus just made a Video about the Asus Version.

RTX2070OC 

After MSI was caught doing something they shouldn't by Nvidia it is hard for me to want to buy their products in terms of video cards and as for motherboards I will always choose a more reliable brand at the same price.  There is no need to get an MSI motherboard and since you mentioned Gigabyte heck yeah I recommend them.  My brother and I have had numerous Gigabyte boards lately and have had no issues and I know they offer affordable boards that are full of features.  As for EVGA I know in the past I would have had no problem buying a video card from them but really haven't looked at buying something from them lately so I really can't comment and as for Gainward all I know is the name and nothing more.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

So i was wondering is MSI a good brand to go with because out of all these brands msi is cheapest for the GTX 780 by £50 wich is a fair bit when you want to get 2. So my 2nd question, is there customer service good or not and should i go with msi?

I have built my PC with MSI motherboard and graphics card, i really trust this brand and they have really cool features, like OC Genie for easy overclocking and the card has a TF cooler, one of the best on the market. You can't go wrong if you buy their components!

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

If it has a reference cooler, chances are all more or less the same, so pick up the cheapest one. In fact, I think I read somewhere that all the refs are actually made by Foxconn.

If they don't have a reference cooler / PCB (DCu2, Lightning, Classified), just pick up the best for you. Check reviews for performance, temperature, and make sure you like the looks of the card.

Remember to use the unlocked firmware by svl7 if you want to overclock these cards properly.

Maximus V Gene | i5-2500k 4.8GHz | 16GiB | GTX470 SLi @ 800MHz| m4 128GB + 240GB 2.5" HDD | Arch Linux + Windows 8

800D + HX850v2 | EK Supreme-HF v2 | 2x EK FC-470GTX (serial) | Black Ice GTX 360 + 3x AP-15 | U2311h | 6Gv2 + G500 | T50-RP

Gainward is the worst out of the three, EVGA has the best customer service, Gigabyte has an awesome cooler but its long and MSI has a great cooler and decent customer service.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

What about ASUS? Great cards that can handle anything that you throw at it! :)

Spoiler

MSI X299 Tomahawk AC, Intel core i5 7640X, MSI R9 280X, Cooler Master Cosmos 2, 16GB Team Dark Pro 3200, RaidMax Cobra 1000W, Adata 240GB SSD, OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD, 2xSeagate 1TB HDD, 1xSeagate 2TB HDD

My friend has 2x gainward 3gb 580s and they run fine, and msi is a good brand but i like asus 

Go with Asus there DCUII cooling is awesome Linus just made a Video about the Asus Version.

What about ASUS? Great cards that can handle anything that you throw at it! :)

obviously you guys never had issues with your asus products, their service sucks, i had a topic on it, look it up.  they do NO take any blame on their own if something is wrong.  you have to depend on wherever you bought your product to give you the service you want for paying for the brand asus.

i agree, asus products are great, but with my asus service experience,  i can't recommend it to other people no more. and if you look my topic up you'll see that i'm not the only one.

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

But the lightning is so fugly. :|

I disagree but to each his own.

If the Msi is the cheapest out of the dual/triple fan cooler 780's, get it. The Msi 780 has a great cooler that is a variation of (my favorite cooler) the Twin Frozr.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Holy, the advice given on this forum is beyond terrible.

MSI should be your first choice when considering a graphics card, especially if you consider overclocking.

EVGA has only recently upgraded their cooling design, prior to that their non-reference cards were shockingly hot.

Gigabyte has an excellent cooling design that id consider on far with the Twin Forzr although lacks overclocking support in most of their cards.

Gainward is common in areas outside US, I've owned several high end Gainward Phantoms, no issues.

ASUS, generally clocked lower than Gigabyte & MSI cards although their cooling is excellent.

Through years of overclocking cards, testing cards, in my own opinion MSI leads the way.

Personally i buy my cards to overclock, and with that i expect an unlocked card, and MSI delivers.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

MSI technical support isn't bad imo. Contacted them before about some problem with my graphics card and they had fast responses. Their RMA process seems promising imo. Never tried it before so don't know how their RMA process is like.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This is really down to personal preference IMO and with reference cards the hardware differences between vendors is nonexistent.  My personal favorite series of cards is MSI's Lightning cards but that's just me...

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res