Questions about Linux

Hi all, I was thinking of using Linux on my next build, but I have a few questions about it. I will use the computer for mostly gaming and use some Adobe programs (photoshop, Flash, etc.)

Will I be able to run most programs that work on windows? (steam, chrome, adobe, etc.)

Is Linux good enough for everyday use?

What are the down falls of Linux?

What distributor do you recommend?

If you don't know how to use linux, don't use linux, it's pretty much 90% command input for everything, which makes everything go so fast and smoothly with no errors, but then you have to know all of the commands (there's a lot)

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

If you are just getting into linux i reccomend you start with Ubuntu

Interested in Business and Technology

You won't be able to run any games unless designed for Linux, and the Adobe CS6 suite will NOT run on Linux... I have tried.

Ubuntu is what I recommend definitely, it is quite easy to get around and grasp.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Everyday use? Certainly, I use it for everyday use, even remote desktop to windows boxes to do windows stuff if needed, not gaming though (not my everyday use).

Down falls: Well if you truly want to get the most out of it you'll have to learn the command line commands to beat it up. You won't spend money on an OS (not improving the economy). You won't be burdened by a Windows Logo, some people have Windows separation anxiety. You have to read up on the OS.

Distributions: Ubuntu (or any of its spinoffs, Mint, etc.), Debian (actually Ubuntu spun off of it), FreeBSD. It really doesn't matter which one you use, but most people do tend to stick to one flavor out of just simple convenience (many friends are on it and you can easily get help from them). All of them run the same apps and if they don't then it usually just requires a configure, make, sudo make install and you're done there.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Steam works (although not all games), chrome works, if your thinking cs then the older ones can be emulated, support is decent.

Linux is good enough forneveryday use, I myself get really annoyed using windows after getting used to linux.

down fall of linuxmare stability (only the case with a few distros), app support and for some the fact that it's more based on the terminal

I'd recommend Ubuntu Gnome, good stability, Good app support, awesome UI, not as much terminal as other distros, veginner friendly

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

Linux is great, I use it as my main OS but it has it downsides

There aren't many programs that you are used to such as the adobe programs and a lot of games don't run on linux

There are some alternatives to those programs such as Gimp instead of Photoshop