Have anyone ever tried Phishing attempt on you? [POLL]

WereCat

Just out of curiosity I wonder if anyone of you encountered Phishing.

Just now I almost fell for it untill I noticed the .cn domain and then I realized why would GM ever contact me by whispering because it makes no sense. Also someone tried this on Steam several times on me.

x4i1ic.jpg

Pretty much everyday via email... My block list is longer than my address book. 

I get regular phone calls about a "free home security service" on the regular. So...yes, I guess?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

ISP rep has called me more than once... wasn't an ISP rep.  I play along until he asks for CC numbers.  I just say no, I will not give you that... he hangs up.

Happens every time in E-Mail and text messages

I just start laughing at how bad they are at their "real" jobs

I mean really this example proves it:

ADT Security- "Protect your house now with a free 7-day trial [pay now for free trial]"

I got phishing once, from a bank I didn't even have an account on.

Hi I want to trade for this item: weirdassfuckwebsitedomain.donotclick. Can we negotiate?

#ProblemsOfASkinTrader

I got some mails, just trolled them back because i could.

For the rest, i had a weirdo calling me couple of times and saying nothing and just hanging up, not sure if it was a scam or a troll, blocked him anyway.

Had some scam texts and calls, just never replied or picked up.

edit: i am still waiting tbh for a scam caller and troll the crap out of him, because hell why not? xD

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

One time I got a phone call from some Indian person who claims to be from Microsoft.

I stayed on the phone for about 2-5 minutes listening to what to they have to say.

Eventually I cut them off and claimed that I work for Microsoft and asked to speak to their manager.

They said sure...and then hung up on me...

I get E-mails all the time from scammers claiming their relative or client has died and they have left $1000000000 which they can't access therefore they need to wire it to my account and they'll give me 80% of the money LOL. Nigeria 419 eh 

Yes: I've been asked by "Blizzard" to change my WoW account details, repeatedly. Hint: while I do have a battle.net account I do not have a WoW account, never have.

-------

Current Rig

-------

"Yahoo" emailed me about my information - I provided it and people started getting spam emails that would link to viagara.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just out of curiosity I wonder if anyone of you encountered Phishing.

Just now I almost fell for it untill I noticed the .cn domain and then I realized why would GM ever contact me by whispering because it makes no sense. Also someone tried this on Steam several times on me.

x4i1ic.jpg

Got a call by "microsoft" once, i just played along and screwed with them, then at the end i told them that i had notified the police and that they had traced the call, then the guy i spoke with just hung up :P

"Hi! I got a call just like this one and I'm so glad I listened to the whole thing! In simply a week you can make over fi- NOPE *click*"

I get regular calls from the indian guys that pretend to be microsoft or tech support,.

Some dude also called and said I owed 5000$ in taxes, and used my name, funny thing is I'm only 15 lol

Another one tried to tell me that my aunt died, and that I'd get 20 grand if I sent him 1 grand or something like that

Happens on the daily

Well I receive a lot of phishing emails, but that's normal. Once in high school someone tried to take my mail account claiming they were Microsoft employees. I've sent them at least 3 mails with fake credentials and watch them email back repeating to give them the correct ones or my account would be terminated, it was fun.

The thing that really annoys me, rather than phishing is people using my email Address to create their accounts -.-

Back in 2005 when college machines ran every script on every webpage, I recognized a fake a myspace (lol) login page and entered in a bunch of "non-polite" username and passwords since I already knew it was fake. The problem that I didn't realize was, they already knew the referrer real myspace token, which included my username (which was foolishly my primary email address) after that, no account compromising happened, but spam did. After 10 years of totally ignoring spam, it still comes in. Now for every site that requires a username to be an email address, I use a throwaway email address.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

I accepted a friend request from those [unassigned] bots on Steam. It told me to go to a link, but then I noticed that it was a .scr file. Fishy, eh? Searched it up, and found out that bot was attempting to phish me.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Once I was in a trading chat in Dota 2, there was this guy selling an item very cheap and says to follow a link to trade with him. Instead of opening it in the steam browser I used Firefox and it warned me about it. The address was "steamcommunitly".

Another time my parents got emails from the "bank" asking for their credit card numbers, they realised what was going on and erased the email.

Telling bad jokes since 1996

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB