Why do people hate drake?

I'm not saying that I hate/like him, but I'm just wondering why every one hates him so much lol....

I was watching an eminem music vid on youtube and i looked in the comments and people were making drake jokes and just hating on him, got me wonderin, why?

I don't really listen to his stuff anyways, not a big fan of his music but anyways

because he is a part of league of legends

I didn't know what to put here...

I like drake when he's dead and my team killed him though.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I don't think people hat him, but people can probably just highly dislike him.

I'm not a personally a big fan, since I find him too whinny and unintersting to hold my attention. 

Although, I did like the majority of If You're Reading This, It's Too Late.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

This.

In all seriousness, I don't "hate him" as a person. I dislike his music, and how he performs. Plus, at times he seems very.. arrogant. So I voted yes, but only to his public image.

How can i hate someone i don't know? 

Because he acts like he's been through something he hasn't, alot of people listen to rappers because they feel a connection with the rapper as they have been through the same shit but Drake is fake, he never had it tough.

Also he sounds terrible rapping the only song that was good was Forever and the chorus was only good about the song when it got to rapping it just ruined it.

Because he acts like he's been through something he hasn't, alot of people listen to rappers because they feel a connection with the rapper as they have been through the same shit but Drake is fake, he never had it tough.

Also he sounds terrible rapping the only song that was good was Forever and the chorus was only good about the song when it got to rapping it just ruined it.

Eminem carried the song forever tbh lol. Drake was ok in it. But I definitely agree on the fake part

No idea who Drake is, therefore I am indifferent to his/her/its existence.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

I'm not saying that I hate/like him, but I'm just wondering why every one hates him so much lol....

I was watching an eminem music vid on youtube and i looked in the comments and people were making drake jokes and just hating on him, got me wonderin, why?

I don't really listen to his stuff anyways, not a big fan of his music but anyways

Eminem and Drake rip on each other quite a bit.

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

Drake isn't the best performer or rapper in the world.

He's just lucky he made a few catchy raps.

I saw the thread and thought: "who the hell is drake?!"

Today I learned something.

(for once my default lulzy poll pick was the actual answer to the question)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

People consider him an artist, I do not, I think that if anything he can just spin some rhymes. Rappers are just poets who put their lines to a beat and speed them up. Shakespeare would have been a rapper if he did this. I can't stand rap, and he looks pretty arrogant as most rappers appear to be, so yeah, I guess I can hate that.

If you want music "artists" in this day and age, search the bowels of Youtube for Indie producers. Start with Monstercat. Mainstream stuff to me is just made with cookie cutters.

Just my opinion.

I think it's because of his song "Started From The Bottom" when he's already filthy rich when he started rapping. lol. idk.

It doesn't matter how fast you run, there are some demons you just can't escape...

People consider him an artist, I do not, I think that if anything he can just spin some rhymes. Rappers are just poets who put their lines to a beat and speed them up. Shakespeare would have been a rapper if he did this. I can't stand rap, and he looks pretty arrogant as most rappers appear to be, so yeah, I guess I can hate that.

If you want music "artists" in this day and age, search the bowels of Youtube for Indie producers. Start with Monstercat. Mainstream stuff to me is just made with cookie cutters.

Just my opinion.

I agree but monstercat? Electronic music is just robots fucking (sounds like)

Real music is like 'Tell it to my heart' from Taylor Dayne

I agree but monstercat? Electronic music is just robots fucking (sounds like)

Real music is like 'Tell it to my heart' from Taylor Dayne

Again, just opinions. I love electronic music. You may think it sounds like robots fucking, I think it sounds nice (as long as it's done right - there are a lot of songs on Monstercat that I can't stand either). A lot of people think rap is cool, that's fine, I personally think that it constitutes of people talking, swearing and complaining about the troubles of the "hood" to a beat and not a lot else. Taylor Dayne is creative, but perhaps not for me. There's no definition of "real" music as what it is is entirely subjective. Just different tastes is all.

Just my opinion.

You raise an intersting conundrum, that I think is worth answering.

What then if Monstercat became "mainstream"? Would they then be made from the same cookie cutter as the rest of the pop-fodder?

Or would the mainstream cease to be made with a cookie cutter?

And what mainstream are we talking about? I know plenty of people that would consider Monstercat to be mainstream within the electronic music scene.

It's the same way that some people consider Cannibal Corpse to be mainstream within the death metal scene, eventhough they never had a commercial hit.

While this is true, isn't it true for most artists within rap music?

Rick Ross always brags about his illegal endevours, but untill his rap career started, he was a correctional officer at a prison. 

He was pretty much the opposite of the person he raps about.

Even the rappers that have been through though time probably have to spice up their stories to make them intersting. Does this make them dishonest aswell?

I doubt that people like Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg etc. have lived through everything they rap about.

So, while Drake might not have lived through the things he raps about, he might just use himself as the center of a story. Whether or not that story is good, is a different discussion.

You raise an intersting conundrum, that I think is worth answering.

What then if Monstercat became "mainstream"? Would they then be made from the same cookie cutter as the rest of the pop-fodder?

Or would the mainstream cease to be made with a cookie cutter?

And what mainstream are we talking about? I know plenty of people that would consider Monstercat to be mainstream within the electronic music scene.

It's the same way that some people consider Cannibal Corpse to be mainstream within the death metal scene, eventhough they never had a commercial hit.

When I say mainstream, I mean the generic Top 40 stuff that is broadcast day and night on the radio with almost no variation. A lot of the more recent artists who are making big money are releasing music that to me sounds no different to the last songs they released. There are a few good ones, but in my opinion (note that in every post I've made so far I've said that this is all opinion) most are rather uncreative. As for Monstercat, in the realm of Electronic music they may be considered "mainstream", but on the whole, in the grand scheme of things, they are not well-known at all. Go out on the street and ask some person if they've heard of Monstercat Records. Occasionally someone may say "yeah" or "wow, you know Monstercat too?", but I guarantee you that the vast majority of average joes will never have heard of them. When's the last time you heard the tracks they have on a conventional radio station? yeah, same here. If you want to go deeper than that, ask how many people have heard of Pegboard Nerds, or Laszlo, or The Eden Project, or Karma Fields. Hell, outside of the Monstercat community I know no one who has even heard of Televisor.

That is my definition of mainstream. Perhaps it's a wide definition, but that's what I'm going for. I like stuff that doesn't show up on the front page. And as of right now, Monstercat has not been up there. Maybe that will change one day. I don't know. I certainly don't see it happening though. It just seems that the most generic stuff attracts the wider audience and that's why it's so popular. Electronic music doesn't really have that kind of draw. So *shrugs* I doubt that monstercat will ever become mainstream in that sense.

Opinions, my friend. This is all subjective.

Jees, I hate Drake. He seems so arrogant and shallow, not to mention his songs are just plain bad. He lacks any sort of originally or creativity... Just read his lyrics.

- snip-

When I say mainstream, I mean the generic Top 40 stuff that is broadcast day and night on the radio with almost no variation. A lot of the more recent artists who are making big money are releasing music that to me sounds no different to the last songs they released. There are a few good ones, but in my opinion (note that in every post I've made so far I've said that this is all opinion) most are rather uncreative. As for Monstercat, in the realm of Electronic music they may be considered "mainstream", but on the whole, in the grand scheme of things, they are not well-known at all. Go out on the street and ask some person if they've heard of Monstercat Records. Occasionally someone may say "yeah" or "wow, you know Monstercat too?", but I guarantee you that the vast majority of average joes will never have heard of them. When's the last time you heard the tracks they have on a conventional radio station? yeah, same here. If you want to go deeper than that, ask how many people have heard of Pegboard Nerds, or Laszlo, or The Eden Project, or Karma Fields. Hell, outside of the Monstercat community I know no one who has even heard of Televisor.

That is my definition of mainstream. Perhaps it's a wide definition, but that's what I'm going for. I like stuff that doesn't show up on the front page. And as of right now, Monstercat has not been up there. Maybe that will change one day. I don't know. I certainly don't see it happening though. It just seems that the most generic stuff attracts the wider audience and that's why it's so popular. Electronic music doesn't really have that kind of draw. So *shrugs* I doubt that monstercat will ever become mainstream in that sense.

Opinions, my friend. This is all subjective.

I was in no way intending to dismiss your opinion, and I'm sorry if it came off that way.

Neither would I ask for anything but an opinion, seeing how music is such a subjective field.

I only asked, becuase I have heard people make similar statments, but I have never gotten an explantion as to why they hold a ´mainstream = bad´ opinion. I just ceased the opportunity to finally ask someone.

i see now that you were probably not the person to ask, since you appear to hold that opinion on a dogmatic level. And I will applaud you for that.

Your point about the generic sound of the top 40 is pretty valid. Although, I would contribute this to the fact that most music is made by the same producers. I wouldn't really blame the performers themself.

We are also wired to like and recognize certain type of music, so that would explain my most things sound the same: http://www.cracked.com/article_20065_5-ways-your-taste-in-music-scientifically-programmed.html

This means that popular songs do tend to sound very similar. And afterall, we do live in the age of focusgroups.

And as you yourself said, there are outliers to the generic formular.

I have actually heard Monstercat on the radio before. I heard nanobii's Rainbow Road played late one evening. I was pretty surprised.

To my knowledge, there have been plenty of electronic artists on the top 40 in various countries.

I know both David Guetta and Avicii have had top 40 hits, and older acts like Kraftwerk and Pet Shop Boys have also broken into the top 40.

"Jew rat", nice going OP.

Still on the Tylenol?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III