[official] Batman: Arkham Knight PC sales suspended [updated]

zMeul

Or part of the PC version......

Yes, the rain textures are not part of the PC version. But the way the rain reacts is. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

is it just me or did the console guys win this one in terms of everything compared to PC  :/

I'll take 1080p 60fps on pc lacking ambient occlusion/some rain effects over 30fps. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well, of course, you locked the game's FPS, how are people not gonna complain about that? That's common sense, guys.

You should see how many people are bitching about people bitching about the 30FPS lock.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Nope.

I am expecting minimum two weeks. They have Nvidia and AMD helping them. But it could be upto a month I guess..

That's a damn shame.

I also heard that they had Rocksteady on the port team now instead of just the supposed 12 guys from Iron Galaxy. I wish they would be more transparent about their plans with fixing it.

That's a damn shame.

I also heard that they had Rocksteady on the port team now instead of just the supposed 12 guys from Iron Galaxy. I wish they would be more transparent about their plans with fixing it.

The Steam page says it'll be back in Fall. Seems it might take longer to fix than people though.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

The Steam page says it'll be back in Fall. Seems it might take longer to fix than people though.

That's the release date for the Linux version.

They have not committed to a release date for the fixed windows version.

That's the release date for the Linux version.

They have not committed to a release date for the fixed windows version.

Ah must have seen it wrong. I'm sure Feral Interactive's Linux/SteamOS and OS X ports will be far better than what we got for Windows from Iron Galaxy.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

• 2 weeks later...

update: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/July-10-Update-on-PC-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/605229

We have heard the PC gaming community outcry of disappointment for the initial launch of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. Again, we would like to apologize to you, the fans, and let you know that we are taking full responsibility for releasing a product that did not meet our quality standards, which is why we suspended sales of the game as soon as we understood the issues. The Batman: Arkham Knight fans are extremely important to us and our highest priority is ensuring PC users get the full, high quality experience of Batman: Arkham Knight they deserve. Rocksteady Studios has created an amazing game with Batman: Arkham Knight and they are now working closely with us and our partners to ensure that we offer the same experience on PC. Once the PC version is fully updated, Rocksteady and all parties will agree that it meets a superior quality bar and we will then make the game available for sale.

Addressing the PC performance issues is still our top priority and at this time, we believe we have identified a number of fixes for the larger issues that were affecting PC players at launch. These fixes are currently being implemented into the game and once we have been able to do some initial testing, we’ll have a better idea on the status of our progress. We’ll provide an update on how things are developing next week.

We can also assure you that because of this latest launch, we are modifying the internal review process for all of our games. For those who are waiting for the updated version of the game on PC, please know that we are working on this every day. For the players who are continuing to play Batman: Arkham Knight on PC, fixes are continually being made to the game as we await the final updated version.

Our continued focus on getting the right PC fixes in place for the main game has had an impact on the development of all DLC content for the PC version of the game. This means that the Batman: Arkham Knight – Batgirl: A Matter of Family DLC will not be available on July 14th for those who are currently playing the PC version of the game. We apologize for the delay and only want to make sure that any content that we offer is up to the standards that PC players expect.

Batman: Arkham Knight mess has Warner Bros changing its review process

BTW in case anyone didn't know, I have been keeping up to date and their big patch is in QA now and I think they said that they finished in a shorter timeframe than expected so you can expect it in 1-4 weeks probably.

Not sure how long QA usually takes.

Bah i really do just want to play it :/

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Bah i really do just want to play it :/

So just play it, I've been having a lot of fun playing it the past couple of weeks, and other than a few hitches here I'm able to get 60fps the majority of the time (and occasionally down to 45-50 -- certainly not ideal, but it's good enough). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

So just play it, I've been having a lot of fun playing it the past couple of weeks, and other than a few hitches here I'm able to get 60fps the majority of the time (and occasionally down to 45-50 -- certainly not ideal, but it's good enough). 

It has been withdrawn from sale.. how can i buy it :P

I would rather just wait until its fixed too

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It has been withdrawn from sale.. how can i buy it :P

I would rather just wait until its fixed too

Ah, you didn't get it beforehand, well, there are 'ways' of getting a copy, I'm sure. You don't need to wait for a fix, just brute force it with your 780Ti :P

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ah, you didn't get it beforehand, well, there are 'ways' of getting a copy, I'm sure. You don't need to wait for a fix, just brute force it with your 780Ti :P

Nope I rarely buy games in the first week of release

haha annoyed certain things are missing like rain textures on batman and stuff :(

As previously advised we have stopped sales of Batman: Arkham Knight PC while Warner and Rocksteady work on addressing performance issues with the game.

The latest information from Warner is that the updates won't be available until Spring. Due to this we have made the difficult decision to recall all PC stock from stores to return to the vendor until an acceptable solution is released.
Australian spring - that's September to November

cf9ce5882b.gif

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Looks like I'll be uninstalling it then. No sense it taking space for 2-4 months. Such a shame, really.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Australian spring - that's September to November

That won't change much. People will still refuse to re-buy it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Looks like I'll be uninstalling it then. No sense it taking space for 2-4 months. Such a shame, really.

off all the things to be shamed off, that's the least off it.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I'm still amazed NVIDIA promoted the bloody thing on their new graphics cards. They obviously must have known about the issues, and performance before launch as well.

At least people were able to get refund, and I suggest everyone under 2 hours game time refunds. Then see what it's like on it's re-release. 

For a glorified GameWorks tech demo, it really didn't go as planned. And yes, NVidia knew about this. They have been caught speeding up gameplay on their youtube channel, so they could show the game at 60fps:

(jump to about 2:20 to skip the background stuff. You can clearly hear the enemies sounding like chipmunks)

Afaik, that is the release date for the Linux/mac version, but maybe they will sync both releases. Warner Brothers done goofed, and this game has been an insult to PC gamers.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

For a glorified GameWorks tech demo, it really didn't go as planned. And yes, NVidia knew about this. They have been caught speeding up gameplay on their youtube channel, so they could show the game at 60fps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1P4IDtnhMc (jump to about 2:20 to skip the background stuff. You can clearly hear the enemies sounding like chipmunks)

Afaik, that is the release date for the Linux/mac version, but maybe they will sync both releases. Warner Brothers done goofed, and this game has been an insult to PC gamers.

have you ever looked a cloud and imagined it to be something and seeing what you imagined?.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

have you ever looked a cloud and imagined it to be something and seeing what you imagined?.

Not sure what your point is? Are you saying you cannot hear the enemies sounding like chipmunks?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

For a glorified GameWorks tech demo, it really didn't go as planned. And yes, NVidia knew about this.

A few people are acting like this is a surprise. It's not. Nvidia also heavily promoted previous stutter-fests like Watchdogs and Assassin's Creed Unity.

Obviously incompetence is the game devs fault, not Nvidia's...

But Nvidia will happily promote bad quality stuff because for them it's simply about trying to create a perceived value-addition for their products vs AMD. it's not about quality... They agree to promote the game and in return the dev has to integrate some gameworks effects or promote Nvidia. It's just business...

Kek. I completed the game yesterday (on PC might I add) didn't have any real issues other than the odd stutter when driving around the city at high speeds. Also my GPU RAM usage was through to roof (4300MB's somehow) and my RAM usage was pegged at 9GB's lol...

At the present moment in time you need a very powerful gaming PC to play it with minor stutters haha. 

P.S I did muck around to config to disable 30 FPS cap and experienced no game breaking glitches or bugs despite what everyone else says. I suppose the patches will make the game run amazingly when they're eventually released... Also add back the graphical options that are clearly missing.

P.P.S.S I bought the game off G2A for £13 ;)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15