Batman Arkham Knight: Missing Textures; NVIDIA GameWorks On PC; Official Recommended Settings [updated DX10]

TwistedDictator
Well Batman: Arkham Night is missing a lot of graphical textures/effects for the PC version such as ambient occlusion and rain textures which NVIDIA gameworks showed off for but Warner has decided to disable them in the settings for now. This makes the PS4 version of the game look better and even run smoother. At certain section of the textures are not missing they are lowered compared to the PS4 version:

Md7V0YZ1.png

Source

What happened to interactive rain? This was properly removed by the team of 12 that did the port (not NVIDIA Fault). Well it doesn’t matter no longer as Warner Bro as they have an official statement telling us to disable Gameworks. On the community forum they have stated that they are aware of the issue and are currently fixing it but in the mean time they also need support from the gamers who are addressing these issues.

WBGames has mentioned the minimum and recommend settings of the game for smooth experience. If your PC matches the minimum hardware specs then you need to change the game settings to these:

Minimum Hardware Specs

(or equivalent)

Resolution: 1280×720

V-Sync: Off

Anti-Aliasing: Off

Texture Resolution: Low

Shadow Quality: Low

Level of Detail: Low

Interactive Smoke/Fog: Off

Interactive Paper Debris: Off

Enhanced Rain: Off

Enhanced Light Shafts: Off

And if your PC matches the recommended specs then these are the settings for you.

Recommended Hardware Specs

(or equivalent)

Resolution: 1920×1080

V-Sync: On

Anti-Aliasing: On

Texture Resolution: Normal

Shadow Quality: Normal

Level of Detail: Normal

Interactive Smoke/Fog: Off

Interactive Paper Debris: Off

Enhanced Rain: Off

Enhanced Light Shafts: Off

UPDATE:

When NVIDIA Gameworks is active the game reverts back to DirectX 10 (instead of sticking to DirectX 11).

I cant belive the PS4 version is much better lol. To be honest I am not bothered at this point, I just want the game to be running smootly on 60fps with high settings.

Here is a video with the dev

Here is just the extra video:

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Clearly this isn't the fault of the team of 12 who ported it, but the fault of the publisher. They simply didn't give the guys making the port enough time and money to make a proper port.

When in doubt: C4

Heard it's 30fps locked in the pc version and that if you uncap teh FPS you have great stuttering in the PC version. Seems like they optimised the game for Consoles mostly.

Seems like they didn't optimise the pc version at all. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Well this sucks lol, was wondering where all the settings where >.< So even when I unlock the fps and have everything on max running smoothly the PS4 version still looks better?  :unsure:

Lets hope 1 of my brothers buys this on their PS4  :D

Still I'm actually enjoying the game (Game play wise) hopefully all the issues get fixed soon so everyone can enjoy it how it's meant to be. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I am currently trying to edit some ini settings to give myself better FPS.

This game is not a PC game, period, the amount of settings you can edit in the game itself is minimal.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

This game is not a PC game, period, the amount of settings you can edit in the game itself is minimal.

They've got all the settings(in the INI) but just haven't programmed/linked it into the UI. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Heard it's 30fps locked in the pc version and that if you uncap teh FPS you have great stuttering in the PC version. Seems like they optimised the game for Consoles mostly.

I heard that also. I will try the game tonight. The pc benchmark is uncapped though lol.

Clearly this isn't the fault of the team of 12 who ported it, but the fault of the publisher. They simply didn't give the guys making the port enough time and money to make a proper port.

I think it is still their fault as they agreed to port it. Also the publisher's fault as well.

When I played the last Rocksteady Batman Arkham City. You could change all the settings. Now you can't. :(

They've got all the settings(in the INI) but just haven't programmed/linked it into the UI. 

I will have to check that out tonight.

All the trailers say Be the Batman!

Oh yes "I'm Batman" alright. I'm just him one frame at a time. Best review ever!

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

@GrimNeo they make litterally no change whatsoever tho.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

And as far as I am concerned that isn't an excuse, especially when disabling motion blur stops the game from starting.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

And as far as I am concerned that isn't an excuse, especially when disabling motion blur stops the game from starting.

You have to disable both motion blur and depth of field to make it turn off. Stupid as hell, the game is just completely broken now and I can't really do anything about it. The batmobile is just falling throught the environment, this is during one of the missions too where you have to use the scanner to track someones car tyres.

You have to disable both motion blur and depth of field to make it turn off. Stupid as hell, the game is just completely broken now and I can't really do anything about it. The batmobile is just falling throught the environment, this is during one of the missions too where you have to use the scanner to track someones car tyres.

GIB ME LINES TO EDIT!!

I want both of those off, without crashing the game on startup. I haven't had the batmobile fall off once yet.

Spoiler

I don't understand how a gameworks title can be in this state if they have developers from nvidia helping the studio though. We have project cars that work great on Nvidia cards, then we have a game like this...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

wonderful video link. pretty much sums it up. 

anyone posting about over-reaction and cry-baby stuff is a paid shill. 

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD

giphy.gif

2 Months to Port,.. with 12 People...../almost expected,.....Many bad decisions were made, hopefully rectified and tuned back to expected performance (soon would be nice)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Well, it doesn't surprise that a team who's mainly experienced with ports to consoles makes a few mistakes when porting to pc - but this is ridiculous.

Yes, it's the publishers fault for releasing a clearly broken product, but it's also the teams fault, because they broke it in the first place and didn't scream and shout at the publisher, telling them that it's not in a working state.

Maybe they did, maybe the publisher didn't listen.

But the publisher must've had a meeting with these guys beforehand where they locked down the schedule. The team must've known that they don't have enough time/skill/size to do it, or they didn't and realised it to late.

Yes, in the end, it's the publishers fault, because that's what publishers do - It's their responsibility to release a working product. But I doubt that they forced a "broken release", especially with the community and media hammering the issue of "bad ports" and precedence,like GTA, showing that you CAN successfully launch a "pc port" much later and have it being a success, if the port's good.

Does all that change the fact that it's another broken mess at launch? No. I don't like it and I'll give them shit every time they do - and, thankfully, Steam refunds gives me and the community more leverage now, forcing them to change their release-behavior.

Oh look, more evidence of PC being given the short end of the stick.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Another shitty port to add to the collection, huh.

Oh look, more evidence of PC being given the short end of the stick.

I wonder what the thought process behind shit like this is, really. The game costs as much as it does on consoles, so why is the PC port so much worse?

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Well NVidia stated it quite well themselves:

footer_logo.jpg

Now for the rest of us, this is a shit port, that is completely unacceptable. No rain textures, apparently no ambient occlusion, horrible performance, stutter, and of course, the worst thing happening to pc gamers in a long while: GameWorks. Yup, indeed the way it was meant to be played: Badly.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I don't understand how a gameworks title can be in this state if they have developers from nvidia helping the studio though. We have project cars that work great on Nvidia cards, then we have a game like this...

It ends up making Nvidia look bad too. If it was up to me I would have told them to fix their game or I would cancel the GameWorks contract, I wouldn't let a game launch like this.

Also just because Nvidia helps Devs doesn't mean they are going to do everything for them, if the Developers are still lazy or incompetent the game will still be shit. Not like Project Cars is the best example either since it only runs good on the 900 series cards, old Nvidia and AMD got kinda shafted in performance.

Another shitty port to add to the collection, huh.

I wonder what the thought process behind shit like this is, really. The game costs as much as it does on consoles, so why is the PC port so much worse?

Oh that's simple, "we can't get money for hardware sales for PC, so screw them over and try to convince people to move to our shitty little walled gardens".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Project cars only ran ok on Maxwell cards. Not NVIDIA in general. That may be due to driver issues... But the point is GPU vendors like NVIDIA cannot and should not be expected to compensate for incompetent devs.

It ends up making Nvidia look bad too. If it was up to me I would have told them to fix their game or I would cancel the GameWorks contract, I wouldn't let a game launch like this.

Also just because Nvidia helps Devs doesn't mean they are going to do everything for them, if the Developers are still lazy or incompetent the game will still be shit. Not like Project Cars is the best example either since it only runs good on the 900 series cards, old Nvidia and AMD got kinda shafted in performance.

There was that Gameworks shit storm when Pcars came out and everyone was on AMD for not providing engineers to help optimize the game like Nvidia did. Well obviously not the case here.

Pity. That physX interactive smoke(Although it looks way out of place in game) looks like it could lead up to something awesome when done right.  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

GIB ME LINES TO EDIT!!

I want both of those off, without crashing the game on startup. I haven't had the batmobile fall off once yet.

Give me a sec I'll just edit this post once I've opened the game files. 

Lines 12,15 of BmSystemSettings: 

MotionBlur=False
DepthOfField=False
@UnknownEngineer I don't know whether that disables it, It's sort of hard to tell when you're running it at 720p on low settings... 

Oh that's simple, "we can't get money for hardware sales for PC, so screw them over and try to convince people to move to our shitty little walled gardens".

Wait, how do those devs make money from consoles? This isn't an exclusive, is it?

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."