Beats using metal weights in headphones to make it feel premium.

ClownFace1511

What the eck .. Premium weight feel.. My AKG's headphones are extremely light ..

Literally no surprise there.

Beats are overpriced as it is, and this shows the quality (or lack of) you get for buying something that is 90% branding.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

It's good to be tech savy.  ^_^ We don't have to deal with this kind of crap.

But we do have to deal with Nvidia and Intel not doing anything super exciting because they sit on there ass waiting for AMD to actually do something worthwhile... 390x = 290x

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

The entire audio market is filled with overpriced products.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Just to be clear - I don't like Beats. I find them overpriced, and all of the other already mentioned flaws it has and mentioned in all of this pages.

But actually adding weight to the product to improve the user experience, and to give it a more "premium" feel, it's a common practice and I don't see why people are hating on them for improving the experience of their product, even by just adding metal weights.

If when tested, the consumers felt that the previous versions were too light, or felt cheap or "fake" because of the weight... they should just cram more tech inside when the product was already done and the only problem was the weight feeling?

What will the hate come to next? Shiny glossy plastic? Fake leather?

Not everything has done to a product must have a tangible effect. Some shit at first glance looks like it's pointless, but it's thought and changes the experience while using the product, and it's perception of value.

Heavy = Premium
Leather = Premium
Brushed aluminum = Premium

Fuck there were times where HUGE was perceived as premium (I'm looking at PC towers), and SMALL AS FUCK was perceived as premium (mobile phones).

Don't blame brands. Blame human beings for their nature.

The entire audio market is filled with overpriced products.

Yea, true.... but some actually deliver quality not just some brand name and marketing hype.

Sennheiser made the Orpheus worth 16k.... now it's worth 30k. Overpriced, of course.... but if the price goes up in value...it's  an investment.

http://gizmodo.com/5974955/sennheiser-orpheus-he90-first-listen-so-this-is-what-16000-headphones-sound-like

Haven't reviewers been saying that Beats latest round of headphones are actually quite nice, even if they cost more than they should (what product carrying a brand name doesn't cost more?). You pay a price premium for the branding and if reviewers are to be believed, the sound is actually admirable. 

Some people take audio way, way too seriously. Then again, I take cameras very seriously so I guess we all have our areas of contention

There are a lot of products carrying a brand name that are appropriately priced. For example Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic headphones don't cost more than they should(for most of them at least).

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Yea, true.... but some actually deliver quality not just some brand name and marketing hype.

Sennheiser made the Orpheus worth 16k.... now it's worth 30k. Overpriced, of course.... but if the price goes up in value...it's  an investment.

http://gizmodo.com/5974955/sennheiser-orpheus-he90-first-listen-so-this-is-what-16000-headphones-sound-like

That man crying lol.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I wonder how many people here actually read the source?, I just went to the original source and those metal parts are actually the slide parts for adjusting the headphones.  They are not pointless added weight.  So much for media integrity.

https://medium.com/bolt-blog/how-it-s-made-series-beats-by-dre-154aae384b36

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Can someone please explain to me how this was not discovered sooner?

Because it's 90% BS, see post 60 for a link to the original article.  The bloke is full of himself, a self proclaimed expert. 

I am not a fan of beats, not by a long shot, however when someone starts making outright ludicrous claims like this bloke you can't sit back and agree just because the product is overpriced.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Everything about beats has already been said, so I can't add anything to the topic.

The metal weights are in line with the Beats philosophy though, Misleading!

Beats have literally no redeeming qualities. Something their owner (Apple) arguably does have. At least their products have some quality :lol:

^He makes a point...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case