660ti SLI, I'm so stupid.

werto165

I've just been playing GTA V thinking that my SLI setup was working. *opens MSI afterburner: 0% Usage GPU2..... I didn't click apply. Have you ever had one of those moments where you just fail beyond all recognition. This is my first SLI setup and I'm partially blind so the combination of the two made me think I had extra performance when my second GPU was doing F all. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Have you enabled SLI ? 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

I've just been playing GTA V thinking that my SLI setup was working. *opens MSI afterburner: 0% Usage GPU2..... I didn't click apply. Have you ever had one of those moments where you just fail beyond all recognition. This is my first SLI setup and I'm partially blind so the combination of the two made me think I had extra performance when my second GPU was doing F all. 

660 Ti SLI

ROFL

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Why don't you go with a single, better GPU?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

I've done that once or twice but I never made the assumption that the second card was faulty.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

660 Ti SLI

ROFL

It's not bad when it's free, its my sisters GPU and shes out the country for like 6 months... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It's not bad when it's free, its my sisters GPU and shes out the country for like 6 months... 

Ah. I see. Great headphone choice by the way. I personally have DT 990s.

660 Ti SLI

ROFL

660 Ti SLI is on par with a 780 Ti so it's nothing to laugh at. Also the double post is real, you know you can quote multiple posts in the same post right?

Ah. I see. Great headphone choice by the way. I personally have DT 990s.

They're alright, I really wanted some open headphones, but I also like to encapsulate myself in the audio, which open back doesn't do when your 12 year old brothers are moaning about the littlest things. I mean the cable was complete dog shite, it broke within 6 months of usage, I'm currently using some crappy aux cable that's at least 6 years old at this point. 

660 Ti SLI is on par with a 780 Ti so it's nothing to laugh at. Also the double post is real, you know you can quote multiple posts in the same post right?

I was just quoting OP's post.

They're alright, I really wanted some open headphones, but I also like to encapsulate myself in the audio, which open back doesn't do when your 12 year old brothers are moaning about the littlest things. I mean the cable was complete dog shite, it broke within 6 months of usage, I'm currently using some crappy aux cable that's at least 6 years old at this point. 

Yeah, for open-backed headphones you need to live alone.  :D

Not really seeing the performance gains I wanted to, it's probably limited by the 2GB of VRAM, I can try beamng drive I guess and see if that works, it would run at around 20FPS on max settings, assuming I can even use SLI with an early access title. 

I was just quoting OP's post.

Right and you did it twice

0c5dffdec8.png

Not really seeing the performance gains I wanted to, it's probably limited by the 2GB of VRAM, I can try beamng drive I guess and see if that works, it would run at around 20FPS on max settings, assuming I can even use SLI with an early access title. 

Beamng performs like shit on a lot of systems and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have an SLI profile. I had SLI 660 Ti's and I remember quite well how they perform.

Right and you did it twice

Beamng performs like shit on a lot of systems and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have an SLI profile. I had SLI 660 Ti's and I remember quite well how they perform.

Sometimes I post twice instead of editing my post. Do you have a problem with that?

Sometimes I post twice instead of editing my post. Do you have a problem with that?

It's a bit silly, just edit your posts instead.

It's a bit silly, just edit your posts instead.

Posting twice supports different tonalities per post. One was joking, the other was serious. 

I played the Techdemo of BeamNG

It's NOT a game, it's an engine.

Yeah, but it's still fun, mods make this game fun, http://imgur.com/a/yEAQk

Posting twice supports different tonalities per post. One was joking, the other was serious. 

thats what /s is for.

on topic:

a friend of mine has this weird issue where his SLI randomly turns off, its hilareous as a bystander, rather annoying in first person.