R9 380 4GB GDDR5 OC VS Radeon Tri-X R9 290 4GB

xXxSourcexXx
Go to solution Solved by nhatduy1611,

The 380 is a rename 285 so the 290 will be better for sure.

The Models Are :

1) AMD Radeon Tri-X R9 290 4GB GDDR5 OC(UEFI)

2) Nitro AMD Radeon DUAL-X R9 380 4GB GDDR5 OC

Which one is better and i should buy ?

Thanks Ahaid :)

AMD Ryzen 2600 / Asus Prime B-350 Plus / Asus Xonar Essence STX / 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 MHZ / Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB / Corsair DX850W / 250 GB 850 Evo SSD + 3TB (In Various Hard Drives) / Logitech G710+ Keyboard / Razer Abyssus Essential / Cooler Master HEF 932 

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

290 all the way.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

May i ask why ?

AMD Ryzen 2600 / Asus Prime B-350 Plus / Asus Xonar Essence STX / 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 MHZ / Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB / Corsair DX850W / 250 GB 850 Evo SSD + 3TB (In Various Hard Drives) / Logitech G710+ Keyboard / Razer Abyssus Essential / Cooler Master HEF 932 

-snip-

290 performs slightly better

EDIT: no it will perform quite a bit better actually

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

290 performs slightly better

slightly about 30% better.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I didn't knew they renamed the 285 to 380 lol , damn that is stupid

I didn't knew they renamed the 285 to 380 lol , damn that is stupid

every single 300 card is a rebrand.

Spoiler

every single 300 card is a rebrand.

I would like to see you make 4 new architectures when your losing money every day.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I would like to see you make 4 new architectures when your losing money every day.

I wouldn't I would just release fury and be done with it.

Spoiler

Thanks a lot Guys :)

slightly about 30% better.

Depends on the game.

Sometimes it only get about 5% more, but sometimes it gets 75% better fps

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

And that is how you bankrupt a company.

going by what, because amd is not doing so well at the moment, pretty much on console life support.

Spoiler

going by what, because amd is not doing so well at the moment, pretty much on console life support.

You think Nvidia makes the majority of it's money selling Titans and 980 Ti's? lolno they make it selling GT and X50/x60/x70 class cards for desktop and mobile(for Geforce hardware). No one would survive selling just top tier enthusiast cards.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

You think Nvidia makes the majority of it's money selling Titans and 980 Ti's? lolno they make it selling GT and X50/x60/x70 class cards for desktop and mobile. No one would survive selling just top tier enthusiast cards.

Agreed. But they don't rebrand cards 2 generations in a row.

Spoiler

It's a situation where they're dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. They can either release tweaked version of their existing lineup and get shit for it or release nothing and get shit for it.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

The only card that got rebranded twice in a row would be the R9 370 and lower. 380=285 (introduced last generation, a new card) and 390(x)=290(x) (also introduced last generation). And it's normal for lower-end cards to be OLD, that also goes for Nvidia. You can find low-end 700 series cards that were still based on Fermi. It doesn't make any sense to develop a new product for the low-end segment when you can easily sell your older, "leftover" GPUs at that pricepoint. 

The only card that got rebranded twice in a row would be the R9 370 and lower. 380=285 (introduced last generation, a new card) and 390(x)=290(x) (also introduced last generation). And it's normal for lower-end cards to be OLD, that also goes for Nvidia. You can find low-end 700 series cards that were still based on Fermi. It doesn't make any sense to develop a new product for the low-end segment when you can easily sell your older, "leftover" GPUs at that pricepoint.

Nvidia rebrands a GPU and no one bats a eyelash.

post-222431-0-41849000-1434708835.jpg

AMD rebrands a GPU and everyone losses there mind.

Nvidia rebrands a GPU and no one bats a eyelash.

attachicon.gifSupport+gay+marriage+and+nobody+bats+an+eye+oppose+it+_ff546f701f18b590ffbaa4bf00daf6b5.jpg

AMD rebrands a GPU and everyone losses there mind.

they don't rebrand. nvidia only rebrand the scam cards that are below x50 rank. And only medium-high performance cards they rebranded they actually pushed back down the ladder. (680 to 770, 670 to 760).

Rebranding 7870 into 270 and 370 is just stupid because that is EXACTLY where most people buy.

Spoiler

they don't rebrand. nvidia only rebrand the scam cards that are below x50 rank. And only medium-high performance cards they rebranded they actually pushed back down the ladder. (680 to 770, 670 to 760).

Rebranding 7870 into 270 and 370 is just stupid because that is EXACTLY where most people buy.

It's being pushed down the ladder just like nvidia GPU's first by Hawaii then by Tonga then by Fury.

It's being pushed down the ladder just like nvidia GPU's first by Hawaii then by Tonga then by Fury.

how is it, when the price actually increased? mm? When nvidia released 760 it was 100$ cheaper than 670 at comparable performance.

Spoiler