Custom Painted GTX 980 Reference | WHITE

You should get a black sharpie and fill in the GTX 980 logo back to black.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

So you are telling me, that I don't even have to bother doing this on my 980Ti? F*CK!!

i love it

you absolutely nailed it!

Thank you!  :)

My current build guys... :rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/oQBlkA8VKi4

Dude... Nice. I usually not a big fan of small form factor but that looks great. Hard to find really clean, small builds that don't use watercooling. Way to be original! Love me some air

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be easy to do for a begginer?

Also do I get a second chance if I fuck up? Lol

Plasti-dip yes since it's a rubber coating you can peel it right off if you mess up or it doesn't turn out the way you want it.

Checkout the painting section of the guide it covers Plasti-dip:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods/

I really dig it. And that's coming from someone that really doesn't like white parts. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

What type of tape did you use? Everything I use plastidip the paint peals when I remove the tape. I've been using 233+ green tape that Bill Owen recommends.

What type of tape did you use? Everything I use plastidip the paint peals when I remove the tape. I've been using 233+ green tape that Bill Owen recommends.

For plasti-dip you must make cut lines with a razer or exacto knife before removing tape or masking or it will pull up the surrounding plasti-dip.

Here's a guide under the painting section:

http://linustechtips...aq-common-mods/

Thanks. I tried it with the keyboard and the exact knife still pulled a little but it was much better. Maybe the blade was too dull.

• 4 weeks later...

@koehler @FourCorners @Aibohphobia

So this is not true. When I read this, it scared me at first because I wanted to build a white/black build and I got a new rubberized green LED that I thought I wouldn't be able to mod. The guy in that reddit post just didn't sand enough. You've gotta sand extra hard, but you can eventually get past the rubber and it looks amazing. Check out my pictures here.