"Youtube Live at E3" is the first attack on Twitch live streaming

Bouzoo

It started yesterday with Bethesda press conference and It's gonna continue as 12 hours live stream with exclusive content. Link.

First video description.

This Monday, June 15, join YouTube for live coverage of E3, hosted by Geoff Keighley, with special appearances by Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman and Telltale Games, Tony Hawk, and the exclusive announcement of the next game from Platinum Games.

We’re now only two weeks away from the start of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, and you can get a front-row seat to the action with YouTube! We're inviting your favorite YouTube creators to show us what's cool and coming up next in the world of gaming, so you can experience every jaw-dropping demo and announcement LIVE.

We are building out a dedicated E3 YouTube hub where you will be able to follow all the live streams and trailers from the event, starting on Sunday, June 14, with the Nintendo World Championships, followed by the Bethesda press conference and the unveiling of the latest installment in the "Doom" series.

On Monday, June 15, at 9 a.m. PT, the wall-to-wall coverage will continue with a 12-hour live stream marathon, hosted by Geoff Keighley, brought to you by the movie “Self/less” - in theaters July 10. Geoff and YouTube gaming creators will bring you live coverage of press conferences from publishers like Xbox, Sony, EA and Ubisoft.

But that doesn't mean that Twitch is not ready. They have their own plan.

Twitch is already up and running on the streaming front, having hosted the Nintendo World Championships and Bethesda's first ever E3 showcase, and it is also the official streaming partner of E3. Just like YouTube, Twitch is investing in generating its own content, with a dedicated stage on the E3 show floor populated by some of Twitch's star broadcasters and an exclusive PC Gaming Show event stream scheduled for Tuesday

Google is really dedicated to beat Twitch and lead the streaming community. Maybe it's personal because they lost to Amazon on buying it?  :lol: Let's see how it turns out.

Source

Youtube blog

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

YouTube... the guys who are doing everything but still struggling to break even.

Still struggling to break even?

Yeah YouTube makes google no money

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Ah that, didn't understand what he meant. Yeah true.

To be honest, this Youtube streaming thing has already won me over. I watch E3 every year and Twitch has been horrible. Buffering all the time and then freezing. Youtube, however, not a single hitch. So, yeah, I'm sticking to Youtube.

Break even point is financial term its when your expenses are same as income. So u dont make any profit nor loss.

Youtube is massive, the petabytes of data stored and accesable costs a fortune.

But i didnt know youtube was doing so bad financally.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

To be honest the twitch stream was much less laggy while the youtube stream was much morelaggy. I get on average 25-30 mbit down upload sucks though.

Maybe it was my internet or the Bethesda stream as it was laggy for a bit on both services but far worse on the youtube stream then it evened out on twitch I didn't return to the youtube stream afterwards. I'll give it another shot and check it out.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

Just saying....

Does anyone know youtube is streaming? I found about that an hour ago.

YUP IT IS LIVE NOW

That was a question, like does anyone even know, hence twitch is beating them :P

Idk, Twitch has the better chat (better format, better on-screen location) so I'll stick with it until Youtube sorts their stuff out.

144Hz goodness

YouTube... the guys who are doing everything but are still struggling to break even.

You do realize the metric fuckton of videos they store cost them a lot of money? A huge part of videos on youtube is not monetized, meaning that it just sits there costing them money every single day of the month. There is a good reason why Twitch doesn't allow archived videos to just be stored forever anymore. 

YouTube... the guys who are doing everything but are still struggling to break even.

to be fair, neither does twitch, at least that was the case when the buyout rumors started circulating, dunno its going to change much given amazon always put their profits into something to the point they barely have profits

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Just saying....

doesn't look soo bad to me.  (as in low number of people)

GzOTRhT.jpg

Note*  Changed to "114750 watching now" while making this post.

doesn't look soo bad to me.  (as in low number of people)

GzOTRhT.jpg

Note*  Changed to "114750 watching now" while making this post.

Int the end people knew :D

Well was watching bethesda e3 on twitch it was going ok just lag spikes from time to time no freezes or nothing, then a friend said they are doing the same thing on youtube ( the spiking on twitch was making me angry so i tried youtube) Guess what, better quality no spikes what so ever + less resources eaten. Meaning i could enjoy better quality 60fps live stream while paying less for electricity at the end.(yes i know its not a lot)

Wow.  Backwards compatibility mid life cycle and mods for fallout on console?!  What sorcery is this?

Break even point is financial term its when your expenses are same as income. So u dont make any profit nor loss.

Youtube is massive, the petabytes of data stored and accesable costs a fortune.

But i didnt know youtube was doing so bad financally.

When i said youtube/google should not enable 8K support even if they can yet, people called me stupid retard.

There is no point in 8K yet,so they should not be enabled YET. 4K support and 50-60 FPS videos is enough madness for next couple of years.

Just saying....

post-19843-0-57302700-1434383749.png

"Player 2" seems to be doing fine to me :)

post-8375-0-22722200-1434392208.jpg

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

It is always good to see more competition and YouTube's first attack on Twitch live streaming hopefully goes well.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S