Controller for pc.

Does anyone use a xbox 360 controller for a pc, and how is it?

Is it something you would recommend to use?

Before I was a big console gamer, until i built my self a computer.

Do you have one? and what games do you play on it?

i have the xbox 360 one, its awesome for some games but FPS are for keyboard/mouse, but GTA 4 is for controller, note that the wired one will work just via usb, but the wireless one you need an adaptor for it

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I use Logitech's Rumble Gamepad F510. Expensive, but works well.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have a 360 pad from a friend that I use for AC. It's really difficult to play without the controller :P

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I use an old PlayStation 2 controller on my PC, I use a an adapter to connect the controller through a USB port. Works very well but because many games don't recognize it I have to use xpadder to map the buttons to the keys.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

This is the description of the controller I bought.

Will this work and is everything that I need included?

post-721-0-94322500-1374534736.jpg

I've had a couple other gamepads before, but X360's is the best so far.

I use it for Emulators, Assassin's Creed, GTA, FEZ, etc

Got to ask.

Which one to get?

Logitech F710

or.

Microsoft wireless controller for windows.

F710 if you like the Playstation style layout.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I use one for games like the Assassins Creed games, Tomb Raider, Skyrim, Farcry 3, Orc's must Die 1 &2, dishonored, The Witcher games and Alan Wake, So as you can see the controller works with most FPS and games you don't have dozens of options like MMO's but saying that you could if you use macro's  :blink:

For MMO's I use my G13 ;)

Cry Havoc!

I'd go for wired, not wireless. Might get the Xbox One controller as it has tactile feedback in the triggers.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I think I'll go for the logitech controller because I was a Playstation gamer.

Is there any difference in quality for those two differente controllers?

Xbox controller works great on PC, i use the wireless silver one.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I use the Xbox controller. I actually use it more than keyboard and mouse because I don't play online lol

Got to ask.

Which one to get?

Logitech F710

or.

Microsoft wireless controller for windows.

Stay away from the F710. The wireless range on this thing is terrible, the bundled software isn't great, and the dpad and triggers aren't good enough for what you pay for. Not to mention how quickly it sucks down battery life. Plus, personal experience, the wireless bit isn't made to last. Mine's failing after just a year and I'm replacing it with a Nyko bluetooth gamepad. If you can't adjust to the 360 layout, which actually works very well for some retro-style games imo, I'd suggest one of the wired logitech controllers or trying to fumble with MotioninJoy and a PS3 controller to work over bluetooth.

Controller for multiplayer shooters due to its ease to maneuver quicker. Single players I will use a keyboard just cause I feel like I have to in order to call myself a pc gamer. Still trying to improve my keyboard skills after 2 years due to how much consol gaming I used to do.

I have the Logitech F710, works great, good battery life, but sometimes wireless range can cut out on you. (If receiver is under a desk, for example.)

A standard controller for PC was what kept me on consoles for so long, now that every game has support for the Xbox 360 controller I love PC gaming.  The Xbox 360 controller for PC is THE reason I switch from console to PC.  Buy one you will not regret it.

I got the vanilla xbox360 one.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

I have a standard wired 360 controller, works great on windows, only annoyed by the fact it can't be used on linux.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I have a Giotek HF-2 Ps3 controller, looks and feels like an xbox controller but works on ps3 and pc :p

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I've got Logitechs F310 and I don't really like it. Sticks are uncomfortable and too loose for my taste. It feels cheap and has connection issues sometimes (meaning it needs to be replugged). Get F510 or F710 from logitech, F310 isn't worth it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv