Will never be shopping with Newegg again

Totally-A-Hero

On Sunday night i ordered a r9 290. Super hyped and what not even paid for 3 day shipping. Then monday morning it denied my debit card..... so i entered another debit card and fixed it. Now according to the status its still "Processing" the order, which was only supposed to take 1-2 days. Now, on the 4th technical day ( fixed the order 7:30 am monday) i have nothing, even the free game that came with the card hasnt been emailed. This is a nightmare. If only the same product wasnt $100 more on amazon. They always ship on time and have no problems. But yeah, now i have to call customer support, which is never fun.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

What Debt Card did you use?

I believe they have issues with Some Cards

Because he had a hard drive.

you paid for 3 day shipping, its now the fourth day, including you having to use a different card because the first one was denied, and youre never buying there again? O.o Technically they are not late, because

1. You extended the deadline by the card problem
  2. you paid for 3 day SHIPPING, not 3 day delivery
  3. Processing can take a while when there are alot of orders going around, they arent a multi thousand people company.

dont be a twat over miniscule things

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

you paid for 3 day shipping, its now the fourth day, including you having to use a different card because the first one was denied, and youre never buying there again? O.o Technically they are not late, because

1. You extended the deadline by the card problem
  2. you paid for 3 day SHIPPING, not 3 day delivery
  3. Processing can take a while when there are alot of orders going around, they arent a multi thousand people company.

I just shelled out $300 of hard earned money making just under minimum wage and the product isnt on time. Of course im upset.

I just shelled out $300 of hard earned money making just under minimum wage and the product isnt on time. Of course im upset.

But it is on time. Also, orders on sundays start processing on monday. its the fourth day now. and 3day shipping means when it leaves Newegg its 3 days max to you. Again dont be a twat. I know how it is shelling that kind of money when youre on a tight budget, but youve waited long already, hardly a problem waiting one more day...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

There will plenty of chances in life to get upset over big issues.  Save it for then.  Abnormal orders sometimes cause systems to flag them as well.   A CC being declined is one such case.  Especially if it is outside normal spending patterns.  

Also did you pay for Rush processing?   

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

There will plenty of chances in life to get upset over big issues.  Save it for then.  Abnormal orders sometimes cause systems to flag them as well.   A CC being declined is one such case.  Especially if it is outside normal spending patterns.  

Also did you pay for Rush processing?   

Yep.

Then ask for the rush processing fee to be refunded.   Have you tried calling them?   Their support is usually pretty good.   

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Heyyo,

After the debit card issue, did you call their customer support directly? They would need to do a reissue on their side too.

Had the same kind of issue with Teavana or whatever that place is called for my sister's bday present, a special tea steeper... thingy, lol. :P

First transaction failed so they automatically tried a second one that also failed so I had to call my bank to confirm I ordered the thing, then I called Teavana and then get them to try another transaction and after that third attempt worked they shipped me the unit.

I've had the same problem with PayPal and NCIX tbh. Transaction systems aren't perfect and pretty much all suppliers don't notice it and it's up to the customer to fix the payment issue and then notify them to process payment.

So yeah, you'll need to call Newegg and tell them the payment issue is fixed and to process the payment. Up to you if you wanna still keep the express shipping or not.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

3 day shipping is 3 days from the time it leaves newegg to your door, not from when you order. And the main reason it's taking so long is the card being denied, they're probably taking their time to double check on the second. Not their problem for what I am seeing.

3 day shipping is 3 days from the time it leaves newegg to your door, not from when you order. And the main reason it's taking so long is the card being denied, they're probably taking their time to double check on the second. Not their problem for what I am seeing.

*sigh* there goes a total extra $10 in shipping fee's wasted.

*sigh* there goes a total extra $10 in shipping fee's wasted.

I hope you are understanding the shipping thing, cause it doesn't come across like you do.

Have you tried phoning them?

Payment processing problems are rarely the retailers fault, neither are shipping problems really. Although you don't have a shipping problem it seems to be a payment processing problem.

The only time I'd never shop at a retailer again is if the actual customer service was bad. In my case, the one time I had to utilize Newegg customer service they were actually really good. I had bought a PSU and it was making bad coil whine/strange sound so they let me return it for refund ​and Newegg paid for the shipping for me to send it back. They paid for return shipping because the PSU was like $50 and return shipping was $30 so I told them if they couldn't pay return shipping then there wasn't even a point in me returning it. I was also very polite and told them about how much money I've spent at Newegg over the years to make them feel like they should go the extra mile for me lol.

But yeah sometimes processing/packaging can take a while, that's why I always prefer to order in the AM and avoid ordering on Friday's as most shipments don't move on weekends. And shipping estimates are business days so if you order Friday and select 3 day shipping they technically have until Tuesday to get it to you cause that's 3 business days.

Protip: being nice to customer service is a good way to get them to go above and beyond for you. Nobody wants to go the extra mile for an asshole.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Like others said it's not Newegg's fault. I mean personally I'd rather get as much as I could from local stores just because then you have less chance with something being damaged or stolen.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I had a similar issue. this tax season I bought over $2000 from newegg. my visa/debit flagged it for being outside my normal range. I had to call the bank to verify it was me, then call newegg and tell them to try again on the charge. whole process took 5 days. bank never called me. BUT, newegg did everything right on their end and my stuff speed exactly on time from when it left their shop. I've never had bad service from them in over 10years as a customer.

EDIT: also newegg does nothing on the weekend except the finances. Since yours failed there, whole process stopped. Only during holidays do they have a "guarantee d to arrive by" option and only after payment had cleared.

Not to be a dick but alot of people pay alot more at the same pay rate and no one gives a shit about how much money you make, newegg works close with suppliers so when shit actually does go wrong they can have it fixed quickly. Yeah this is a stupid ass post.

Looks like someone is a first time online shopper

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I ordered an H440 from Amazon MONTHS AGO. It still to this day hasn't even started shipping. I got my damn money back and ordered a noctis.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Never had problems with Newegg. Then again, maybe using PayPal made a difference.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Like most are saying its really not Neweggs fault most likely  the CC was denied ive ordered Stuff online and had the same thing happen and it was due to the bank finding the amount or Company i was buying from as "unusual" and didn't let it process. and usually a lot of customer services will drop the extra charge for shipping and give it to you for free for stuff like this  but they defiantly don't have to eat that cost. It sucks It happens to most one time or another i hate waiting for something  i order online aswell but youll just have to get over it and i wouldnt really hold this against newegg that much unless it happens more then once and its not your banks fault. 

Personally I'll pay around 5-10% more for stuff if I can get it from Newegg. I've had nothing but excellent experiences with their RMA department. I can understand your frustration, but please understand that your bad experience is not typical.

As far as I can tell, you had the same issue I had, except your mother picked up the phone, while I on the other hand have my own credit card.

Sounds like your own damn fault op for not being very bloody clear with your mother through this process.

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

Just about spit out my drink lol...

I would recommend anytime you have a payment form fail to call customer service right away in the future. A lot of times issues like that can't be fixed by just updating the payment information. Usually they have to run the order again..

Sorry your having trouble but try calling them and I'm sure they'll work to get the issues fixed for you. Give them the chance at least and then see how you feel about them.