Buying The BEST Gaming Mouse

Im still using a Microsoft WMO since I cant find a higher dpi mouse I like.

Im tempted to get the Mamba but EVERY Razer product anyone I know has owned has crapped out on them a little over a year.

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

Decided to go with Mionix NAOS 8200 =) ty for the responses anyway, and keep posting your opinion on the best gaming mouse atm =)

• 3 weeks later...

Wireless: Razer Ouroboros / RAT 9

Wired:      Roccat Kone XTD / RAT 7

AMD 8350 Octocore CPU / Asus M5A97R2.0 MoBo / 16gb Crucial Memory / 700 Watt Thermaltake PSU / Samsung 840 120 gb SSD / AMD Radeon MSI HD 7870 2gb SC / TP Link Wireless card / Zalman Z11 case

both are junk lmao

These are 4 mice what do you mean with both? And why should they be junk? Have you ever owned one?

AMD 8350 Octocore CPU / Asus M5A97R2.0 MoBo / 16gb Crucial Memory / 700 Watt Thermaltake PSU / Samsung 840 120 gb SSD / AMD Radeon MSI HD 7870 2gb SC / TP Link Wireless card / Zalman Z11 case

If you have any skill in gaming, Laser or LED makes no difference ;)

whoops double post ..

true to a certain extent.

what is LED sensor? i thought there's only optical and laser?

Well all mice with a sensor are "optical"  

LED is your Deathadders and such.

Laser isn't for everyone because of acceleration 'problems'.

While it may be a 'problem' for some, I don't think many are affected.....I've been using laser sensor mice for a long time, I don't think my aim is affected at all (if it is, it's at worst, negligible). Right now, I'm using two laser and one optical mice, not a problem with any of them. I'm using a Roccat Kone XTD on my main rig, and though it's a big'ish mouse, due to its ergonomics, it fits rather nicely in my dainty hands.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

There is no best mouse especially if you pick mostly on comfort not performance like I do.

Both look rather terrible to me to be honest, but my taste is very different (in fact I use a Steelseries Sensei). Go out and try both if it's by any means possible. Feeling is the most important part of a mouse, as most of them pretty much works the same. You may want to look into the software side as well though.

Sensei Ftw

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Its too hard to decide, everyone likes different types of mouse, i like the Rat 7 that i have but others dont like it, i dont like the razer deathadder whereas others like it. Its more of a trial and error.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

If you have any skill in gaming, Laser or LED makes no difference ;)

It does if you're missing shots from aiming properly.

i use a laser mouse and my shots go where i aim. Maybe you should improve your aim if you have a problem?

Both have terrible shitty sensors. Go for the Deathadder 2013. It has the best sensor out there.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

I received my Zowie FK recently and I have to say I like it a lot. I have kinda small hands and it seems good. I only found it on ebay though. If I couldnt find one, I would have tried the deathadder 2013. I got the Zowie for 70 shipping included vs 100 or so for the Deathadder 2013.

The cable on the Zowie is inferior to my Razer Naga braided cable. Its a standard cable. The Zowie is lighter since its smaller and I prefer it. Click are less reactive than my Naga it seems. I don't mind either way. The scroll wheel ... requires a bit more strenght and is louder. I don't mind either I almost never use it.

The Zowie has only 3 dps settings 450, 1150, 2300 and can be a problem for some. I havent played enough games with it to care about so far. I played League of Legends/Magic 2014 so far. I am always at 1150. I don't know if the mouse make that much of a difference or just luck but I won a lot more games in LoL. I will have to see over time.

So in the end the only part that realy matters to me is the tracking and it seems better at 1150 vs 1800 on my Naga (everything else default in Win8).

All my current mice all pal except for one so if you looking for palm then ill give my opinion id not then well I probably wont be of much help.

Both have terrible shitty sensors. Go for the Deathadder 2013. It has the best sensor out there.

Blanket statement like this ticks me off. I've been using laser mice for years now, still have my original laser mouse from years back, a Logitech G9 (non-X and what other suffix) and a brand new Kone XTD, no issue with hitting the targets I want hit in games. Peeps obsess over sensor types, but what is more imnportant is that the mouse should suit you hand and grip style, as long as you're comfortable, you perform well in games.......the sensor type does not make a noticeable difference in games. Comfort matters more than sensor type....when I buy a mouse, I usually see if it fits my hand and grip style well, if I'm comfortable with it, I'd buy it regardless of whether it has laser, optical or whatever else.

I use my G9 for years, now hooked up to my 2nd rig, and had gotten the Xornet for my 3rd rig due to its size and shape, not that it was optical....that didn't factor into my thinking or purchase decision.  What was more important to me was that it was small like my G9 and fits my hand quite comfortably. Only time I did not try out a mouse but yet bought it was the Thermaltake Level 10M mouse, only because I felt obliged to buy it from my usual gaming shop as I'd hounded the owner for it since hearing about it. I was taken by the looks of the mouse, not the ergonomics which should have been the first thing I should have thought of. I'd used it for a while, now it's my reserve mouse should my other mice tank.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Blanket statement like this ticks me off. I've been using laser mice for years now, still have my original laser mouse from years back, a Logitech G9 (non-X and what other suffix) and a brand new Kone XTD, no issue with hitting the targets I want hit in games. Peeps obsess over sensor types, but what is more imnportant is that the mouse should suit you hand and grip style, as long as you're comfortable, you perform well in games.......the sensor type does not make a noticeable difference in games. Comfort matters more than sensor type....when I buy a mouse, I usually see if it fits my hand and grip style well, if I'm comfortable with it, I'd buy it regardless of whether it has laser, optical or whatever else.

I use my G9 for years, now hooked up to my 2nd rig, and had gotten the Xornet for my 3rd rig due to its size and shape, not that it was optical....that didn't factor into my thinking or purchase decision.  What was more important to me was that it was small like my G9 and fits my hand quite comfortably. Only time I did not try out a mouse but yet bought it was the Thermaltake Level 10M mouse, only because I felt obliged to buy it from my usual gaming shop as I'd hounded the owner for it since hearing about it. I was taken by the looks of the mouse, not the ergonomics which should have been the first thing I should have thought of. I'd used it for a while, now it's my reserve mouse should my other mice tank.

i have to agree with you on every point here.

You should also look at a Spawn it has better parts all around than the xornet (they only share the shell) and after the firmware is updated has a near flawless sensor, so you get the best of both worlds.

i use a laser mouse and my shots go where i aim. Maybe you should improve your aim if you have a problem?

I don't have a problem - I don't use a laser mouse.

Unless you have a 100% hit rate, you're going to have a hard time proving your mouse isn't potentially responsible for missed shots.

I don't have a problem - I don't use a laser mouse.

Unless you have a 100% hit rate, you're going to have a hard time proving your mouse isn't potentially responsible for missed shots.

Same applies to you as well, a lot has to do with skill, and to some extend, how comfortable the mouse feels in your hand. Can you guarantee me a 100% hit rate with your optical mouse as well?

Well, what sensor type do professional FPS players use? Surely they'd have the right answer.

i have to agree with you on every point here.

You should also look at a Spawn it has better parts all around than the xornet (they only share the shell) and after the firmware is updated has a near flawless sensor, so you get the best of both worlds.

I have the Spawn, finally left 1 more mouse to complete my collection of the best right-hand gaming mice in history.

MS Intelli 3.0/DA2013/CM Storm Spawn and left with Zowie EC1 Evo

I'm teh beastttt!!! :P