[THE PERFECT MONITOR?]Nixeus unveils its Nixeus Vue 24" 1080p 144Hz LED FreeSync Monitor

Agent181

Good that we are getting this instead of the 60hz TN garbage with fake 1ms response time advertisements as before... although that 1ms advertisement is still here.

But its LIGHTYEARS far away from a "perfect" monitor.

A "perfect" monitor would be a   0(psr) - 200hz adaptive synced, single tiled, flicker free OLED  (+ imagine any resolution/size/aspect ratio you like)

And OLED would have CRT levels of response times too, and would make your "1ms" look like a joke, even if it had anything to do with reality.

that's monitor doesn't look good, visually. those bezel,remind me of 2012ish monitor.

Good that we are getting this instead of the 60hz TN garbage with fake 1ms response time advertisements as before... although that 1ms advertisement is still here.

But its LIGHTYEARS far away from a "perfect" monitor.

A "perfect" monitor would be a 0(psr) - 200hz adaptive synced, single tiled, flicker free OLED (+ imagine any resolution/size/aspect ratio you like)

And OLED would have CRT levels of response times too, and would make your "1ms" look like a joke, even if it had anything to do with reality.

Your dreaming lol

Your dreaming lol

The guys said "perfect".... i gave him that.

Also, not that far a dream. As OLED monitors are a few years away and adaptive sync techs are getting widespread now. Since OLED is good enough to hold an image @ 0hz if needed. I can easily see someone combining OLED with VRR and making a VRR display with no minimum.  And no flicker.

That max hz and that single tiled/single input thing might be harder to achieve.

I don't think it's THE perfect monitor, but if the colors are good as a ROG Swift's then it will definitely be better than all the other 1080p 144hz  TN monitors out right now.

Not perfect because it is TN ... yes yes TN hate for me but I have IPS main monitor and secondary TN monitor and I can see the difference in colors clearly.. and that is really good TN mind you.

Not perfect, isn't 4k or even 1440p for that matter. Its tn. Bezels look quite large. It's not 21:9 (my bets are 16:9 is going the way of the 4:3). It looks like a good monitor but its far from perfect.

HTID

this is a basic monitor with basic features. No 4K, not even 1440p. No OLED, not even IPS. Bezels are fat and it's a small 24 inches.

If this is priced anywhere above $250 its a scam.

1080P and TN? 

Our ideas on the perfect monitor are clearly very different. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

What is the benefit of having the lower bound at 20?

20 is not going to look smooth, correct? 30 is a reasonable lower limit, no?

Dropping into the 20s momentarily shouldn't stop VRR from helping smooth over the pacing.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

may not be perfect, but if they can keep the price down to around $300 or less, then this really will be a great monitor for those on a smaller budget that want VRR.

Rock On!

It's a pretty good monitor if you ask me. TN panels are starting to get rather good with viewing angles and colour reproduction these days. Not to the sort of levels you'd get with IPS, but still very impressive. Plus the FS range is nice and large all the way to the max refresh rate. I would say this is close to the perfect monitor possible at the moment. If it was 1440p, IPS and supported both freesync and g-sync I think this would be the perfect monitor for the masses under current technology.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

it's not perfect, to make it perfect it should be 21:9 1440p ips oled 200hz freesync gsync combo

it's not perfect, to make it perfect it should be 21:9 1440p ips oled 200hz freesync gsync combo

That sounds like a pain to do, mainly since nvidia does not want to push free sync if that would happen omg.....

Well, you ever hear of Betteridge's law of headlines? It states that any headline that ends with a question mark can be answered with "No." It seems pretty good, but the TN panel ruins it for me :\

Also I don't run AMD so there's that too.

Well, you ever hear of Betteridge's law of headlines? It states that any headline that ends with a question mark can be answered with "No." It seems pretty good, but the TN panel ruins it for me :\

Also I don't run AMD so there's that too.

But I do run AMD and most TNs these days aren't THHHAAT bad when calibrated. Of course though I'm going to wait for the reviews tho.

That sounds like a pain to do, mainly since nvidia does not want to push free sync if that would happen omg.....

It also sounds like a monitor that would have at least a 4 digit price tag.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

It also sounds like a monitor that would have at least a 4 digit price tag.

with these specs probably around $2k, but if you think about what it takes to push 1440p ultrawide to 144-200hz it not expensive for those who can afford a rig that runs it

By "perfect monitor" we don't mean the creme de la creme. By "perfect monitor" its perfect for us. It will fit our price budget and have the features we most want.

Is anyone else getting tired of the buzzfeed type titles?

Nope :P

I'll admit the specs are hot.

But NO 24" monitor will be perfect if it's 16:9. The only aspect ratio I'll tolerate at 24" is 16:10.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

24"?

If it isn't 32" minimum I don't even give it a second look.

This is amazing, the window is for freesync is bunch better now. Although, it wouldn't hurt if they had an IPS version.