Gigabyte unveils Z170 Gaming G1 Motherboard lineup for Skylake (LGA 1151)

Bouzoo

Computex 2015 has brought us many news, and I'sure a lot of people are gonna be interested in this considering how many have Gigabyte Gaming motherboards.

We can see gaming G1, GT, 3, 5 and 7 motherboards. The top dog, the G1, is gonna come with Hybrid cooling which will obviously be for the most enthusiast overclockers. Also it will feature 4 x PCI-e 3.0 x16 which will support 4-Way SLI and Crossfire configurations. Holly balls!

The three Gaming G1 motherboards shown off by Gigabyte include the top-tier GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 followed by the GA-Z170X-Gaming GT and GA-Z170X-Gaming 7. The flagship GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 is a beauty to look at. The motherboard comes in a red, white and black color scheme. It has either a 21 or 22 phase PWM design to keep overclockers engaged in breaking new world records with Skylake chips. The LGA 1151 socket is powered by a 8-Pin power connector and has a large heatsink layout with heatpipe dissipation system and water channel technology to incorporate hybrid cooling through air and liquid supply (G1/4 threaded Fitings). This allows the VRMs and MOSFETs to stay cool under load when voltages are pushed high. Near the socket are four DDR4 DIMMs which can support capacities of up to 64 GB and speeds of 3300 MHz (O.C+). A few buttons for On/Off, Reset and OC switches can be found next to the 24-Pin ATX connector.

The expansion options include four PCI-e 3.0 x16 which are ideally spaced to support 4-Way SLI and Crossfire configurations. There are also three PCI-e 3.0 x1 and two M.2 (32 GB/s) ports. A Turbo B-Clock component is featured right in the center of the board which may boost clock speeds but we don’t really know what is the specific purpose or how the chip will operate until the board is launched. For storage, we get an impressive 10 SATA III 6 GB/s ports and three SATA Express ports. These ports are situated right next to two USB 3.0 front panel and two USB 2.0 front panel ports. Dual BIOS switch can be found right below the large PCB heatsink near the storage ports. A PEG connector can also be found to deliver more power to the expansion slots. Other features include a Creative certified Sound Blaster ZxRi 120+dB SNR, HDMI 2.0 connectors, Killer Double Shot Pro X3 network, USB 3.1 Type-C ports  and LED Trace Path with 7 color choices.

The GA-Z170X-Gaming GT and GA-Z170X Gaming 7 on the other hand have a few features toned down to deliver more cost effective products. We get to see three PCI-e 3.0 x16 slots, two M.2 slots on the GT, single M.2 slot on the Gaming 7 and a range of other features on both boards. The Gaming 7 doesn’t get any heat pipe or water based cooling solution and the GT only incorporates the heatpipe solution on the VRM heat sinks

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming G1

DSC_2125.jpg

DSC_2089.jpg

DSC_2133.jpg

DSC_2130.jpg

DSC_2134.jpg

14.jpg

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3

5.jpg

More info about Gaming 3

3.jpg

GA-Z170X Gaming 7

Gigabyte-Z170-GA-Z170X-Gaming-7_2.jpg

Personally, I don't think they look that good. Tbh I don't like the white/red/black color scheme (even the black/red Gaming 3 is not that good looking). I think AsRock boards revealed few days ago look much better compared to these. I'm sure they will be really good, but people that value aesthetics might have to look somewhere else if they're not into this kind of thing.

You can see more non gaming motherboards from the same lineup in the sources.

Sources: 1, 2

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

white + red is a nice colour scheme

Was stating my opinion  :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Was stating my opinion  :P

I just skimmed through the post and didn't notice

They made those amazing G1 gaming Black cards for Maxwell then they go and ruin it. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

So many sata ports damn... Now let's hope they have controller that can actually use them....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Looks like they know Mirror's Edge 2 is almost out.

I don't mind, personally I think it's their best attempt yet in the looks department, even if it's still a bit too "much". Especially shroud/ heatsink shape-wise.

They should mainly have avoided the silver accents. Especially on the PCIe slots.

The burnished gold + black one is... Alright. Not as good-looking as the AsRock one but passable, definitely.

In terms of features they all have Killer NICs so that puts me off the rest of their features. The gold one has Intel though.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

god i love that ud5. yes the new color scheme looks noice too but i just love the darker themes

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

white + red is a nice colour scheme

for a blind person /jk

It's alright 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

for a blind person /jk

It's alright 

it's better than black + red, the most overused colour scheme in the whole entire universe

Stop with the big I/O shield armour! It would not fit in a Fractal Design R5 if you plan to put a 280 rad on top.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

That white/red motherboard will go well with my Asus Turbo 970  :)

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

That white/red motherboard will go well with my Asus Turbo 970  :)

Will also go with MSIs 970 that for reasons known only to MSI are red and black but have a giant white MSI logo led on top.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Those pci-e metal shrouds look really nice. But is there not a risk, that you will short out a graphics card, if the motherboard is connected?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

What is up with all the white mobo's this time around.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Look at all the sata ports I wont use...

I like these boards but I like the Asrock new ones a bit better. 

The colors are fine, but I don't like the bulk

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

the full black of EVGA looks nicer, but that red white isnt bad either

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

The white + red + black looks DAMN good.

I'm just not sure what components you would get to match that. The ASUS Turbo 970?

A nice set of custom PSU cable extensions would look beautiful, that's for sure.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Not too sure about the design of the Gaming G1 board, but there other two look pretty slick!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Nice motherboards. White and red isn't my favorite but it's better than the overdone black and red.

Is it me or are there no Matx board being shown at computex? Imo, that's the sweet spot for the Z chipset by Intel.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)