New build, But not sure

Hey guys

I wanted an second opinion on this build before I go buy it in the near future

For what I am going to do with this build, is recording with fraps and video editing from recordings and short films. Also be rendering and doing 3d motion and graphics.

Lastly GAMING of course... I play all sort of games, from the new games to the classics.

Here is the link to the build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kNnhLk

Also I already have the case, and if you want to change any of the parts remember the motherboard has to Micro ATX,.

Thanks Miniman005

I don't know a ton about picking power supplies, but I don't think that will be big enough. Wait for a second opinion though. Also using normal font is fine

I don't know a ton about picking power supplies, but I don't think that will be big enough. Wait for a second opinion though. Also using normal font is fine

That powersupply is definitely big enough  :P

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

recording with fraps

if you go for X99, please look into other recording software like OBS, and encode at least to a decent bitrate on the fly, that also makes post-editing a bit more bearable.

if you go for X99, please look into other recording software like OBS, and encode at least to a decent bitrate on the fly, that also makes post-editing a bit more bearable.

Thanks for the advice and will do when I build it 

That PSU is overpriced and it doesn't perform particularly well

Look at EVGA G2, B2, GS, XFX XTR for the same price which are all better made and better quality. The G2 also has a 10 year warranty.

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

seems fine to me

Desktop: Fractel Design R5 - i5 4670K @ stock - Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 - 16GB @ 1600MHz - Asus GTX 970 - Corsair RM650 - OCZ Vector 150 240GB - WD Blue 500GB - Noctua NH-D15

Peripherals & OS: KBC Poker 2 MX Blue - Zowie FK2 - Audio-technica ATH-M50s - Audioengine D1- Windows 10 Pro Monitor: Asus PA248Q 1920x1200

SeaSonic SSR-650RM or EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR would be much better psu choices.

You might consider a different cpu cooler. Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler is an excellent air tower. Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler or Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler are decent AIO options.

If the budget allows, a larger ssd would be good. Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I would go with 2x8GB RAM. You don't get quad channel, but you'll have room for expansion then. I'm not sure if you had a good reason to choose the black drive, but barracudas are good drives for much less money. I also increased SSD size to 250GB, as it only costs a bit more. I also wouldn't recommend a 120mm watercooler, at least get a 240.I have an RM650 PSU, and I've heard that they usually quit after a few years, they're not built too well. I know the EVGA PSU tends to be cheaper, but I put it ina different build and have had no issues with it. It should also leave some extra wattage for a second GPU if you ever go that route.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($372.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($68.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($319.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1386.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 11:32 EDT-0400