Linus may not be as advertising driven as we thought

PCBudgetSolutions

So a lot of us in Comms were talking about how Linus NEEDS to skate around being critical on products to avoid losing sponsorship.  Well on the WAN show seen here: 

around 1:32:50 he comes out and says he cannot review a product because it's aluminium and he will rip it apart. 

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

It was def. nice to hear how he has to be able to stand behind what he says. But then again, why would we otherwise listen to him ;)  

FRACTAL DESIGN R4 / AMD FX 8350 / NVIDIA GTX 770 / ASUS SABERTOOTH FX990 R2

MacBook Pro (2011) w. Samsung 840 PRO & 16 GB Corsair Ram

he makes ads, but when it comes to reviews, he has to be unbiased, if he isn't I wouldn't watch him

hell, he'd loose all credibility if he isn't unbiased

This also means he will never "rip apart" a product.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I've always trusted Linus to give his honest opinion. No respectable company would want him to lie.

I think he meant that if he does not have anything good to say about a product he just wont unbox. Not that we will overlook flaws when reviewing something.

Wasn't this common knowledge? He pretty much repeats himself every other week - he only advertises things he thinks are good. People have been asking about the silly green headsets they wear and he basically says "nah, get decent headphones".

Pretty basic conclusion here: If it's a popular product that you would have expected him to review, and he didn't, it's because he told the manufacturer he would rip it apart if they sent him one. 

not really, he said they could send him a sample but he would tear it apart, Was more of a warning to the company. (but yeah .. i see your point)

not really, he said they could send him a smple but he would tear it apart, Was more of a warning to the company. 

Have you ever heard him rip apart anything?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

i love linus :)

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

you managed to reply before i edited my post .. dammn this is moving fast :p

well .. yes more or less .. atleast complaints, you won't see them completely trash on products often, in most cases he just tries to look at the positive things or at the very least what the manufacturer intended so you kinda have to take everything with a grain of salt.

oh yeah i've heard him rip apart lots of .....BOXES and HARD foam 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Yup.  Consoles and a USB shaver on NCIX's channel.

But I think the console trashing video got deleted because NCIX sells console games and controllers.

a USB shaver on NCIX's channel.

Any products worth anything?