As a Titan X owner I feel bad...

Profoundsoup
Go to solution Solved by Cheddle,

Someone hold me please....

Titan X still has the extra Vram... It still has a fully enabled chip... it still has the badass name...

Everyone who owns a 980ti is going to living in the shadow of the Titan X. standing right next to it, but still behind it... your card is the card to beat, your card is the winner.

Don't feel bad. money is money.

What the fuck are you talking about? The Titan came out in February of 2013, the 780TI came out in November..... That was 9 months later. This is 3. How were we supposed to predict that???????????

It was 780 that made the titan pretty irrelevant, not the ti. And we all knew nividia had to release something. They were never going to do a price drop on titan. Titan is and always will be a $1000 graphics card

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

It was 780 that made the titan pretty irrelevant, not the ti. And we all knew nividia had to release something. They were never going to do a price drop on titan. Titan is and always will be a $1000 graphics card

Yeah we knew they were gonna release something. Since the Titan X just launched everyone thought it would be late summer early fall. Atleast thats what everyone at the time was saying.  The ONLY ONLY ONLY reason they are launching it so close to when the Titan X launched is because everyone knows AMD is coming out with a new power house card very soon and NVIDIA wanted to get ahead by releasing to 980TI. This is all just marketing bullshit. To me it seems NVIDIA just wants to beat AMD to the ground with these GPU releases. I mean they already have like 70% or more market share. Seems a bit silly to be releasing 2 $600+ cards 3 months after each other. I mean why even make a titan X if you are gonna make a card so close in performance and have it cost $350 less...

Yeah we knew they were gonna release something. Since the Titan X just launched everyone thought it would be late summer early fall. Atleast thats what everyone at the time was saying. The ONLY ONLY ONLY reason they are launching it so close to when the Titan X launched is because everyone knows AMD is coming out with a new power house card very soon and NVIDIA wanted to get ahead by releasing to 980TI. This is all just marketing bullshit.

Buy marketing bullshit you mean fair play. Business is business. If you bought titan x you just fell for good marketing. No bullshit here, titan performs as advertised

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Why would you feel bad? It's still the king of the hill. It did a little better in Linus's testing and Linus's card only boosted to 1080 MHZ while the 980ti's clockspeed was higher. With a lower clockspeed it still outperformed ever so slightly due to it's fully unlocked chip. My Titan X boosts to 1189 on it's own through GPU boost 2.0 and overclocks to 1420 MHZ without touching voltage. I've gotten up to 1455 MHZ with added voltage and stock bios. It's still king. If you feel really bad just buy another Titan X, that way you can look down on all the people with only a single partially crippled GM200 and feel pity on their souls once again :P

Custom Loop

4790K - Titan X - 16GB Vengeance 1866 - Asus Vii Hero - EVGA G2 850w - Samsung Evo 500gb - Corsair 760T - ROG SWIFT

Oh yeah, at least it wasn't like the original Titan that was completely pwned by the 780ti. That would be a reason to cry

Custom Loop

4790K - Titan X - 16GB Vengeance 1866 - Asus Vii Hero - EVGA G2 850w - Samsung Evo 500gb - Corsair 760T - ROG SWIFT

Oh yeah, at least it wasn't like the original Titan that was completely pwned by the 780ti. That would be a reason to cry

Yea...  The whole Titan OG vs GTX 780ti is so strange. I looked up the specs and they ran the 780ti with faster memory and more CUDAs. WHY?

The only benefit of the Titan was 6 Gb Vram.

This situation is what that should have been. The GTX 780 ti should have been the Titan where as the Titan should have been the 780ti, lol.

I actually can't stop laughing, I KNEW this would happen if Nvidia released the 980ti.

Also RIP in peace 980 you janky junker :P

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Let's be real though. There is only so much excitement we can get out of these 28nm chips. It's time for Pascal already! It's time for display port 1.3 so we can drive 4k+ at 120hz. It's time for a single GPU to kick 4k's ass. It's time for a revolution!!!! :angry:

Custom Loop

Someone hold me please....

You should be damn happy to have titan x, not a lot of people can afford it. Go play the most graphically demanding games at 60fps on ultra and be happy.

Don't be sad. Your card is still the best right now.

Or if u only have 1 titan, maybe u can sell it and buy two 980ti