As a Titan X owner I feel bad...

Profoundsoup
Go to solution Solved by Cheddle,

Someone hold me please....

Titan X still has the extra Vram... It still has a fully enabled chip... it still has the badass name...

Everyone who owns a 980ti is going to living in the shadow of the Titan X. standing right next to it, but still behind it... your card is the card to beat, your card is the winner.

Don't feel bad. money is money.

You shouldn't feel bad. This happens all of the time. It shouldn't be a surprising thing really.

Better grab some pepperoni and rest in it :P No but seriously you have a Titan X dude come on!!! Go and play some glorious games and enjoy the beautiful graphics instead of mesmerising about your life decisions :)

Due to Tom Logan's review? Well good things come to those who wait....

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Why? Is it not as good as you thought it would be?

no the 980ti just got released with similar performance, but a much lower price point.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

How so? It still has killer performance and a lot of VRAM.

It's not as if the performance has gone down all of the sudden

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

no the 980ti just got released with similar performance, but a much lower price point.

and only half the VRAM, i've been saying since titan X launch that the ridonculous amount of VRAM will be nice in SLI, as in that scenario you -theoretically- double gpu power, but dont double VRAM.

If you could afford a Titan X card you won't get a hug from me.  At least you were able to buy the best card at the time and have some fun with it.  Also if you know Nvidia does this sort of thing stop buying certain cards they bring out.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

and only half the VRAM, i've been saying since titan X launch that the ridonculous amount of VRAM will be nice in SLI, as in that scenario you -theoretically- double gpu power, but dont double VRAM.

True.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

TitanX, triple monitor handling would beat the 980Ti right, due to vram...

So there is that....right?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

If you could afford a Titan X card you won't get a hug from me.  At least you were able to buy the best card at the time and have some fun with it.  Also if you know Nvidia does this sort of thing stop buying certain cards they bring out.

I was sick of having issues with SLI so I just bought the single best GPU I could buy. Not mad just sucks that 980TI is $350 less

Not to twist the knife, but I said it before. The Titan X was for people with more money than brains.

Had the 980 ti released at 800 it would have been a rip off as well, but at 650 it seems to make more sense.

I almost feel bad for people that went out and bought 2 Titan Xs for SLI, only to see 2 980 ti's costing 700 dollars cheaper and performing the same.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

titan x is still a better card than the 980ti, most of the people that are "smart" and waited, are probably just too poor to buy one anyway 

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

titan x is still a better card than the 980ti, most of the people that are "smart" and waited, are probably just too poor to buy one anyway

So people that like similiar performance for almost half the price are "poor" and not smart for waiting?

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

So people that like similiar performance for almost half the price are "poor" and not smart for waiting?

I was saying that most people won't be a 980ti either, but still tell all Titan X owners that they are stupid. But thats what you get with that hypetrain

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

TitanX, triple monitor handling would beat the 980Ti right, due to vram...

So there is that....right?

What triple monitor setup in what game? The 980 Ti is being shown to be ~2 FPS behind a Titan X in brand new games at 4K. In what scenario are you going to need more VRAM than that without hitting a GPU render wall first? 12 GB of VRAM is an advantage on paper and not really anywhere else.

What triple monitor setup in what game? The 980 Ti is being shown to be ~2 FPS behind a Titan X in brand new games at 4K. In what scenario are you going to need more VRAM than that without hitting a GPU render wall first? 12 GB of VRAM is an advantage on paper and not really anywhere else.

I dunno, thats why I was asking.. Im at work and cannot watch the video's just yet, so im sorry if I should have known.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Maybe in 5 years or so when we actually need more than 6 GB of VRAM...

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Maybe in 5 years or so when we actually need more than 6 GB of VRAM...

well... remember the triple 4K monitor gaming rig linus did a while back? thats about the kind of person a titan is made for IMO.

Crank up that MSAA on 4k, those puny 6GB cards can't keep up!

I don't do signatures.

The thing is this. The money wasted on a Titan X is money that could have been spent buying a better CPU AND motherboard, or a better monitor, and more games, etc.

Yes there is a small subset of people for whom money is no object, and a budget is something they learned about in school and never thought about since. For most of us though when you are talking about hundreds of dollars, it matters.

I make a decent living and im not hurting for money generally, but I do have student loans I need to pay off along with bills to pay, and there are always other things I can spend my hard earned money on. At a certain price point for people like me you have to say fuck that, ill buy something else. The Titan X's 1100 dollars was an example of that, which is why Nvidia wisely made the 980 ti a lot cheaper.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB