Why do school punish us for hacking?

mrswagbhinav

Yes you do deserve it

1) If they wanted you to get into it, there wouldn't be a password.

2) You told people

The only reason it was password protected is to "prevent cyber-bullying" 99% of the kids have 10 GB of data anyway so I don't know how that helps. I only told the only three people besides me who don't have any data and are worth telling.

And this is the mentality which causes kids to have no discipline and explains all of the problems with the current generation of kids who are about to graduate.

If you break rules, it is your own fault and deserve a punishment. 2 days off of school isn't going to do anything that bad to someone who is capable of passing an exam at a high grade. He said he used linux to get in, so it was probably a brute force tool, to hack the wifi network.

This is the only time in my life I've received any punishment at all. I've had issues with this bully on the bus but I always talked my way out because I technically did nothing wrong. This is literally my first lunch detention.

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

The only reason it was password protected is to "prevent cyber-bullying" 99% of the kids have 10 GB of data anyway so I don't know how that helps. I only told the only three people besides me who don't have any data and are worth telling.

This is the only time in my life I've received any punishment at all. I've had issues with this bully on the bus but I always talked my way out because I technically did nothing wrong. This is literally my first lunch detention.

Cool story.

You did something wrong, you're being punished for it. Man up.

Cool story.

You did something wrong, you're being punished for it. Man up.

Hey I accept my punishment I just think the administration is full of dicks because they aren't making any changes to their security. The main reason I got this much punishment is because I made a witty comment after receiving a suspension.

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Hey I accept my punishment I just think the administration is full of dicks because they aren't making any changes to their security. The main reason I got this much punishment is because I made a witty comment after receiving a suspension.

And there we have it! Proof for everything I've written in this thread. That is a total lack of respect and the fact you've only written it now is further reinforcement of the fact. 

Why should they make changes to their security if everyone else respects it enough not to take in their own device with brute force software on it? At the same time, you have a good understanding and knowledge of IT so far in your life which means I think you will reap success in what you choose to do, but hacking something and being punished for it, then being disrespectful to the people who are dealing with you is always going to land you in this sort of situation.

If you worked at my College and did a similar thing as a member of staff, you would be fired. That is a serious consequence for a silly judgement decision on what you think is appropriate behaviour on a secured system and then being sarcastic afterwards. Learn from this while you're still a student and at a stage in your life where this is the most serious consequence you will have to face, or you will find life to be very difficult when the time comes to fend for yourself.

I was desperate for internet (no data plan) after the school shut down their guest WiFi so I brought my laptop so school and bypassed their WiFi passcode using Linux. So the school found out but I only told three people who may have told others. I told the school administrators that same day but they already knew and  now I'm facing a two day suspension, lunch detention for the rest of the school year (15 days), and no use of technology for the rest of my time in the school. (till 6/21/16) So why should I get punished for this, I understand that it is illegal and wrong but I pointed out major flaws in their security and companies like Facebook reward users for hacking into their sites. What's your take on this and tell me if I deserved it lel 

Because iits illegal. lucky they didnt view you as a security threat and try to sue you.

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

And there we have it! Proof for everything I've written in this thread. That is a total lack of respect and the fact you've only written it now is further reinforcement of the fact. 

Why should they make changes to their security if everyone else respects it enough not to take in their own device with brute force software on it? At the same time, you have a good understanding and knowledge of IT so far in your life which means I think you will reap success in what you choose to do, but hacking something and being punished for it, then being disrespectful to the people who are dealing with you is always going to land you in this sort of situation.

If you worked at my College and did a similar thing as a member of staff, you would be fired. That is a serious consequence for a silly judgement decision on what you think is appropriate behaviour on a secured system and then being sarcastic afterwards. Learn from this while you're still a student and at a stage in your life where this is the most serious consequence you will have to face, or you will find life to be very difficult when the time comes to fend for yourself.

I'm not arguing with you, I completely agree but they have some important files on their network and it wouldn't be good if someone got a hold of them

Who told you that it's to prevent cyber bullying? Mm hm thats right no one did, so please don't make stuff up; its not even a legitimate reason. On another note, why where you "hacking" in if you had 10GB of data? Thats right you were "Desperate". The password is on there to prevent desperate people such as yourself from going on a joyride with data that the school is paying for. Punishment is also for when you do the wrong thing, in case you were wondering. 

Who told you that it's to prevent cyber bullying? Mm hm thats right no one did, so please don't make stuff up; its not even a legitimate reason. On another note, why where you "hacking" in if you had 10GB of data? Thats right you were "Desperate". The password is on there to prevent desperate people such as yourself from going on a joyride with data that the school is paying for. 

I don't have it, I'm one of the few people in my grade who's parents don't spoil them to shit. And yeah it was to prevent cyber-bullying, it just wasn't a very good way. A lot of people were trolling, sending profanity, and making hate comments on their WiFi so they put a password on it. It still goes on, it was a bad solution to a non-existent problem

I don't have it, I'm one of the few people in my grade who's parents don't spoil them to shit. And yeah it was to prevent cyber-bullying, it just wasn't a very good way. A lot of people were trolling, sending profanity, and making hate comments on their WiFi so they put a password on it. It still goes on, it was a bad solution to a non-existent problem

You just said that the comments still happen, then say it was a non-existent problem.

Dude, seriously, accept what you've done and what the situation is and move on.

You just said that the comments still happen, then say it was a non-existent problem.

Dude, seriously, accept what you've done and what the situation is and move on.

He's having a sook because he's been a naughty boy, he's done the wrong thing and he doesn't think it's fair. Acceptance is not something he knows lol.

He's having a sook because he's been a naughty boy, he's done the wrong thing and he doesn't think it's fair. Acceptance is not something he knows lol.

God dammit I accept the punishment as I've said 50 times. Of course I'm mad, I can't use any of the school's technology till June of 2016.

The BackTracking intensifies!!!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
Case: Corsair Air 240 White Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB PSU: Corsair CX500 Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Operating System: Windows 8.1N

Maybe u should tell them about how much the security flaws will damage the school system and reputation. 

How did you do that?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Maybe u should tell them about how much the security flaws will damage the school system and reputation. 

I did, their ego was so big they aren't doing anything

I did, their ego was so big they aren't doing anything

Well that's a bummer and some pretty bad decision making by the staff

Should of bought them Snickers bar. 8739.jpg

INTEL I5-4670K | ASUS Z87-A | CORSAIR 16GB Vengence | EVGA GTX 980 SuperClocked | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | COOLER MASTER CM Storm Scout 2 | CORSAIR RM850

The school's IT guy probably has a migraine from having to explain to the principal/board how you did what you did, and what you're talking about when you say their security sucks. 

I feel more for the IT guy than I do for you m8. Just don't do it again.

*old moment*

I remember when I went to school and had a flip phone, we all got through it just fine.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

I can already tell this thread is fake. You don't just use linux to crack a wifi passsword and you also don't call this "hacking". Anyone can download reaver and crack wps pins or download backtrack to crack old wep keys. I was almost charged last time I was caught messing around and I deserved it for being a retard. It's like breaking into someones house except schools are run by government organizations therefore making it worse.

Also by "breaking-in" using free tools isn't helping anyone, unless you can explain how the program works that you should have programmed and explain the issue in the protocol. 

blackshades on

I can already tell this thread is fake. You don't just use linux to crack a wifi passsword and you also don't call this "hacking". Anyone can download reaver and crack wps pins or download backtrack to crack old wep keys. I was almost charged last time I was caught messing around and I deserved it for being a retard. It's like breaking into someones house except schools are run by government organizations therefore making it worse.

Also by "breaking-in" using free tools isn't helping anyone, unless you can explain how the program works that you should have programmed and explain the issue in the protocol. 

l33t hacking skills via free linux tools. So pro. The hacker known as 4chan strikes again!!!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
Case: Corsair Air 240 White Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB PSU: Corsair CX500 Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Operating System: Windows 8.1N

l33t hacking skills via free linux tools. So pro. The hacker known as 4chan strikes again!!!

Free tools are the worst, so many children are wasting their time with them not learning anything then trying to become big and famous. 4chan is just filled with retards but there are some other forums with even worse script kiddies that make me vomit. Lizardsquad is probably a good example

blackshades on

Free tools are the worst, so many children are wasting their time with them not learning anything then trying to become big and famous. 4chan is just filled with retards but there are some other forums with even worse script kiddies that make me vomit. Lizardsquad is probably a good example

*sigh* Welcome to the world where GUI are used to dumb things down-a lot.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It was illegal and those who get rewarded for finding security weaknesses usually have deal with the companies they're hacking.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!