Adblock Plus victorious again in court versus publishers arguing users should not be allowed to block ads and deprive them of revenue

Syntaxvgm

Where do I go to get it? Thanks

Adblock Plus Website: https://adblockplus.org/

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=en-US

Android: https://adblockplus.org/android-install

If you're using Firefox mobile, just add the extension.

I also recommend the following if you're using Firefox on a desktop:

Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon

Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus

Youtube-Channel Whitelister for Adblock Plus

G²

I totally agree. They've went crazy with ads and tracking. I'm sick of the justifications of big data too. I couldn't agree more about those stupid ads that play audio, especially since it is louder than anything else that will play. I have been watching something on YouTube before and had tabs in the background and one of those would start up and just ruin the experience. It would play louder than YouTube and right along with it.

BTW, doesn't rooting also allow you to block ads in apps?

Yeah, that's happened far too many times to me. You think you're going to listen to a song right now? Nope, what you're actually going to do is hunt through which one of the 40~ tabs you have open has that ad that finally loaded and has decided to put itself on repeat.

It does? Definitely rooting my phone asap.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Yeah, that's happened far too many times to me. You think you're going to listen to a song right now? Nope, what you're actually going to do is hunt through which one of the 40~ tabs you have open has that ad that finally loaded and has decided to put itself on repeat.

It does? Definitely rooting my phone asap.

lol. Well, now I don't feel bad. I always have a ton of tabs open and always hear complaints about it because there is supposedly no reason to ever open more than 9 tabs (Ctrl+#). I usually have at least 20 tabs open, an average between 30-50, and at peaks I get upto 100-150 tabs. I put them in tab groups in Firefox.

I'm not sure if it does, I was asking.

G²

I cant get that whitelister to work as its only for an old version

Its all about those volumetric clouds

i can't stand adverts. Glad the ability to use Ad-block has been upheld. Advertisement was okay when you could watch the first 5 seconds, now some adverts on websites are 30 seconds, 60 seconds and even 90 seconds, They have been pushing the boundaries for too long now they've got their comeuppance.

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Why does this keep getting dragged to court...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I whitelist some sites, and for the rest I'm using Adblock. You want me to watch your commercials? Make them less annoying (yes, I'm talking about those youtube ads in the middle of videos), or get lost.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I love add block, but I turn it off for youtube because I love Linus more.

I do it for every site that I like and of which I know has no stupid ads.

I really don't care about my PC running slow or the fact that I'm the 1,000,000th visitor. If you place those kind of ads on your website, you're practically scamming your users/providing them with malware, and you don't deserve a cent.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I cant get that whitelister to work as its only for an old version

What version of Firefox are you running? I have 38.0.1 and it says I'm all up-to-date.

G²

I run on twitch.tv if you don't you miss out on 2 much

I find it to be as morally bankrupt as the sites that allow intrusive malware ridden ads.

So I boycott both, sites like cnet that are just Arse holes for ads and adblock.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I personally do not use adblock on youtube, but I want a plugin that disables midrolls without blocking prerolls. Midrolls are the devil, ESPECIALLY UNSKIPPABLE MIDROLLS. I'm fine with prerolls, its the midrolls I want to die

I don't use any ad blocking software and I don't feel bombarded by ads.  I think this victory in court should not have happened.  I do hate commerce but I do think companies/websites on the net have to make money like everyone else in this society and so using software to block ads should not be allowed at this point. 

The websites themselves can regulate this stuff.  They would be well within their rights to block you from their site if they detect you are running adblock software.  To make it illegal is ridiculous.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

I don't go many places on the web, and I'm not a YouTube champion, so adblock isn't very useful for me

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

What version of Firefox are you running? I have 38.0.1 and it says I'm all up-to-date.

ok I might of miss read it, but yeah I'm upto date but its not working for me. when i click the add to whitelist doesnt appear

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I like the way vessel does ads (at least on the ipad app) versus how youtube does it.  Why should there be an ad that is as long as the video?  That's nonsense.  For those who don't know Vessel uses a 5 sec ad at the beginning of each video.  It's long enough where you know what you are seeing, yet short enough that your aren't getting upset waiting for your content.  

As for ABP I don't have a problem with it, nor with the people who use it.  However I do think it's beneficial to whitelist your most frequented sights to support the content.

I do think AdBlock is potentially problematic, but it should be dealt with the same way software piracy should be dealt with: as a service issue, not a legal one.

I do think AdBlock is potentially problematic, but it should be dealt with the same way software piracy should be dealt with: as a service issue, not a legal one.

Piracy should be trespass type offense not theft that said. That said its if its openly visible code on your pc I would view that as on your property on that metaphor

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I will always use adblock. I hate the advertisement industry.

I will always use adblock. I hate the advertisement industry.

I do too, but I hate the alternatives worse. People creating content need to get paid somehow, or they won't create content. Assuming we want to keep what we have without ads, that probably means a lot more pay walls or subscription fees. Money has to enter the system one way or another in order for products to come out of it.

Adblock should always win !

If TV plays an ad we can change the channel and avoid the ad.

But if ad is displayed on the website or before the video we cant do anything about it. Thats when adblock comes in.

I feel like i should donate at least a £1 to them for using them for many years now. They deserve it imo. Same goes for Linus actually. Its my most watched channel and im going to support them tomorrow !

Small donation or however the thing on forum works will give them more money than me watching hundreds of ads would.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Honestly it would be a godsend on mobile, some poorly optimized mobile sites take forever to do anything sometimes because the amount of annoying adds on the damn page!

I recently Re-rooted my Nexus 6 just to run Adaway!

Shits cray!

You sir just cought my interest! What is this thing called Adaway and can I use it on mobile chrome!?

Edit : I think I just discovered the greatest app ever invented...

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

A victory for common sense. Even if you are against AdBlock it's still completely idiotic to ban not rendering the entire web page. If AdBlock lost would it also be illegal to just hit "stop" before the website was entirely loaded? Hell if your Internet connection get lost in the middle of loading a page would that also be illegal?

The nice thing about having a YouTube Music Key (the subscription) is that you don't see adds on most music videos. It has other perks too and it's nice to have considering it's bundles free with Google Play Music All Access :)

my free subscription ran out and i can still listen to music videos with the phone off for some reason and still can download videos also

I will admit I use adguard in my daily life for just about--everything.  That's why I use and swap out affiliate links for amazon whenever I use it(Weekly or daily), offer-codes whenever available as I am sure that gives Linus, Tek Syndicate, Paul, Kyle, etc a kickback, and then--mass buying of apparel, and subscribing.  Next month I'm going for LTT Gold, and I've practically given Tek Syndicate $400 in T-shirt money, lol.  But I feel morally obligated if I use adguard or adblock--to contribute when I can, whenever I can instead.