Adblock Plus victorious again in court versus publishers arguing users should not be allowed to block ads and deprive them of revenue

Syntaxvgm

Ad block didn't block a vessel ad yesterday.

I whitelisted Vessel. And not because I love Linus (well I do, but..) but because I want to support the ad-model they're using. 3-second ads on SOME videos... I wish youtube was like that.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Ad block didn't block a vessel ad yesterday.

So....you pay for vessel, get worse quality videos than youtube and get adds? Yeah...I'm not missing anything even if Vessel gets videos earlier.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If you place content of any type online you accept the risks that come from that choice, just because you put it up it does not guarantee monetary benefits from that content. Free content is no longer free if you demand ad support. 

Side note : ABP doesn't block all ads, non obstructive ads aren't blocked.

If those websites used non obstructive ads, there would be no problem

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

you tube ads are rediculas....in the middle of a video do you not make enough money thats why i run ad block

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

So....you pay for vessel, get worse quality videos than youtube and get adds? Yeah...I'm not missing anything even if Vessel gets videos earlier.

At the same FPS and same resolution the quality on Vessel is the same as YouTube. In a lot of cases the Vessel video looks better. I made a comparison if you want to see. You can see it pretty clearly in image 2 on the roof tiles.

On the video I tested it was:

Video bit rate:

Vessel - 4782 Kbps (H.264)

YouTube - 3704 Kbps (H.264)

Audio bit rate:

Vessel - 160 Kbps (2 channel AAC, 48KHz)

YouTube - 126 Kbps (2 channel AAC, 44.1 KHz)

At the same FPS and same resolution the quality on Vessel is the same as YouTube. In a lot of cases the Vessel video looks better. I made a comparison if you want to see. You can see it pretty clearly in image 2 on the roof tiles.

On the video I tested it was:

Video bit rate:

Vessel - 4782 Kbps (H.264)

YouTube - 3704 Kbps (H.264)

Audio bit rate:

Vessel - 160 Kbps (2 channel AAC, 48KHz)

YouTube - 126 Kbps (2 channel AAC, 44.1 KHz)

That still leaves ads, which means vessel is double dipping. Kind of like Telstra with Foxtel. It used to be a good option due to the fact it had no ads except for those advertising shows on other Foxtel channels. Now you pay well over $50 a month for ads-of which you see 10min+ of each hour you spend watching anything (except the dedicated movie channels). People shouldn't be paying to see ads at all.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL