A GOOD Headphone For Gaming

DES7OY3R

What is a good/decent Headphone for Gaming?

What is your budget?

RIG: CPU: i5 6600k @4.8GHz 1.34v  CPU Cooler: H100i  Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR  RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 2400 (2x8GB)

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 2TB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB/PNY 240GB  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  PSU: EVGA G2 650W

Please use PcPartPicker, and paste the "BB" code when posting your build!

budget and do u need a microphone?

No budget and yes

Assuming your budget is $100 or under like most people. Hyper X Cloud 1's, Dont pay extra for the Cloud 2's

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/gaming-headsets

I would suggest any of these.

RIG: CPU: i5 6600k @4.8GHz 1.34v  CPU Cooler: H100i  Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR  RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 2400 (2x8GB)

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 2TB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB/PNY 240GB  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  PSU: EVGA G2 650W

Please use PcPartPicker, and paste the "BB" code when posting your build!

Assuming your budget is $100 or under like most people. Hyper X Cloud 1's, Dont pay extra for the Cloud 2's

Ok thanks

Ok thanks

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GWU8FTK/ref=psdc_3015405011_t1_B00SAYCVTQ

Something a little better also. Better quality, a bit bigger ect ect.. Maybe a better mic? But the Cloud 1s have a removable mic if that matters.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/gaming-headsets

I would suggest any of these.

No...those are literally the worst..almost as bad as Razer bad.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GWU8FTK/ref=psdc_3015405011_t1_B00SAYCVTQ

Something a little better also. Better quality, a bit bigger ect ect.. Maybe a better mic? But the Cloud 1s have a removable mic if that matters.

These are decent, but if your budget is truely unlimited then you could go with Seinheiser G4ame Zeros.. or a headphone+mic.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Currently I use the PLYR 2 from Skull candy. It's current price is 100$, it's wireless, and so far has little to no problems.

With my headset I broke some of the plastic for one of the ear buds and have to tape it to make sure it doesn't just fall apart. This isn't on Skullcandy because I drop it often and am very carless about it like I am with everything else.

If you don't much care for wireless and want wired they have the SLYR which I got my friend to buy (as he doesn't like wireless) and he says it's perfect. Basically the same thing as the PLYR 2 just not wireless. It's also a MUCH cheaper price at 70$ so it's more affordable if you don't want wireless.

I'd suggest wireless as it works pretty well, it's simple to set up, and it works at a pretty good distance. Yes if you walk to far away or have too many walls between you and the wireless transmitter, you are going to run into problems. But other than that I would recommend the hell out of it.

Comes in MANY colors too :)

PLYR 2: http://www.skullcandy.com/gaming-headset/PLYR2.html?dwvar_PLYR2_color=White

SLYR: http://www.skullcandy.com/gaming-headset/SLYR.html?dwvar_SLYR_color=Black

-Update-

I just remembered that I did have one problem where the headset no longer turned on and didn't work. After contacting Skullcandy they gave me steps to fix the problem and told me even if it didn't work anymore they'd replace it no problem. But after the simple steps taken I got mine fixed very easily. Haven't had a problem since.

Skull Candy....gross

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

What is a good/decent Headphone for Gaming?

Open or close back? If no real budget is set, some can go hog wild with recommendations (like moi). But seriously, a set of Audio Technica ATH-AD700X/500X or Sony SE-A1000 would be more than sufficient for gaming since they're open back, they have pretty wide soundstage and sound very airy, great for positional awareness when gaming. If you want a little more bass, then perhaps the Philips Fidelio X1 or X2 would be better (for bass) and they are open back as well. If you game in a noisy environment, or don't wish to disturb someone near you with sound leakage from an open back can, then your next option is close back cans. Now, when it comes to close back, I ain't too familiar with them as my experience with close back is rather limited. The one that pops to mind is the Shure 1540, though I think there're cheaper alternatives available....perhaps the Sony MDR range......like the MDR 7506, or the MDR-1A. Really depends on your budget and the availability of these cans.

BTW, if you really wanna go ho wild, ain't nothing wrong with that. I've been known to go pretty much overkill when it comes to cans....I game with the HD800, AKG K812, HD700, LCD2.2 non Fazor, HE500 and the like.......recently been focusing on one of my cheapest cans, the Fostex T50RP. I'm beginning to understand why the T50RP community is so enthusiastic about modding it. It really can sound better with certain mods and better earpads, and it only goes to show that you don't need to pay a high price for excellent cans. As is the mantra of some here, more expensive does not necessarily equal to it being better.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

It can be any

Well, you let me know if you'd like open or closed back headphones and I'll give you my recommendations.

Open back have a better soundstage, you can hear outside of your headphones and people outside can hear them, they're typically cooler and can be worn for a longer period of time. Closed back is the opposite.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))