will 500W be enough for this?

wildgg

hey guys!

quick question for you,

my mate has a: fx 8350 with a msi 960 gaming 2g

would a 500W PSU be enough?

he's not going to overclock.

thx in advance

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

hey guys!

quick question for you,

my mate has a: fx 8350 with a msi 960 gaming 2g

would a 500W PSU be enough?

he's not going to overclock.

thx in advance

yes

Oh shoot! Was that offensive! (I don't care).

@wildthing

Yes, you should be fine, though I'd go with sth a biiiiit more cheerful...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

@wildthing

Yes, you should be fine, though I'd go with sth a biiiiit more cheerful...

About to tell someone they should get Intel where you? B)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

And something that isnt a 960 probably :P

The 960 is a great card. 

The R9 280/280X does tend to beat out the 960 in most situations.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Yea, but uses almost double the power. 

You can run it off a 500watt psu and most people have at least that in there pc's not to much of problem

About to tell someone they should get Intel where you? B)

Mmh, who knows... 

Well, actually I was just thinking that knowing AMD I would be a bit concerned with that CPU+GPU... You can never know u.u

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Mmh, who knows... 

Well, actually I was just thinking that knowing AMD I would be a bit concerned with that CPU+GPU... You can never know u.u

Really with a 8350 and a 960 you wouldn't be bottlenecking it. It's when people have a 8350 and sli 980's that I want to cry.

You can run it off a 500watt psu and most people have at least that in there pc's not to much of problem

THe fact that I am ABLE (Not going to) run a Xeon and a 290 on a 430W Power really is not an issue.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

THe fact that I am ABLE (Not going to) run a Xeon and a 290 on a 430W Power really is not an issue.

Did you get that information of pc part picker?

Really with a 8350 and a 960 you wouldn't be bottlenecking it. It's when people have a 8350 and sli 980's that I want to cry.

Nono, was just talking about the power consumption... I have been draining 100W with a 4770k at stock, with linkpack, which is 120% the advised consumption, more or less, so if you add 125W of cpu + 120W of gpu + whatever the boost is, it's totally fine... Though when you start upgrading it becomes a hassle...

Yea, but uses almost double the power. 

Either of which are going to be able to run off a decent 500W so there's not really a noticeable difference

"Rawr XD"

But even then, the 8350 will be able to drive it. Only in heavy gpu workloads does it faulter.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

But even then, the 8350 will be able to drive it. Only in heavy gpu workloads does it faulter.

In gaming situations, the 8350 would bottleneck the fuck outta it