AMD "It's Coming..." teaser

EpIcPoNaGe

Nope its still funny now, I own two 290x's and have had nothing issues since almost day one.

Compared to how bad they used to be, your problems are miniscule. For the games I play, I actually run into more people with Nvidia driver problems than AMD so it's not like Nvidia is that great either.

Compared to how bad they used to be, your problems are miniscule. For the games I play, I actually run into more people with Nvidia driver problems than AMD so it's not like Nvidia is that great either.

Yea I feel like AMD has refined their drivers a ton since they dropped the 200 series 

I keep forgetting that this card is supposedly much shorter than we're used to for flagship cards. It catches me off guard every time I look at the picture of it and think to myself how tall it looks. But then I look again and see it's only dual slot.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

That is a cheap looking 3D render.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

APUs are fine for budget ppl in asia or europe.

And they are releasing new APU.

But no, this is clearly 390x

You forgot about the (extremely likely to be true at this point) rumors that this will not be branded as a 300-series card and that Hawaii would be the 390/X.

You forgot about the (extremely likely to be true at this point) rumors that this will not be branded as a 300-series card and that Hawaii would be the 390/X.

Their official website has a Twitter search link labeled "fiji-300" for us insiders. It may not use the nomenclature although it seems AMD wants it to be a part of the 300 series.

You know, I'm much more excited about Corsair's Bulldog than I am for the GTX 980 Ti and R9 390X.

It's a Mini-ITX case. I have a plugin that lets me see the tags for YouTube videos. One of them is small form factor gaming PC. You're welcome.

I've been disappointed with their recent case releases. I hope they don't disappoint me with another #yoloswag case.

And/or an added/subtracted X!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If this is just a rebranded 290x how is it supposed to compete with the 970/980/980ti/titan x? It's going to run hotter and slower, even hotter if they just OC the shit out of it. 

If this is just a rebranded 290x how is it supposed to compete with the 970/980/980ti/titan x? It's going to run hotter and slower, even hotter if they just OC the shit out of it. 

Fiji is AMD's new god card that features 4096 GCN 1.2+ shaders under one hood. And no it's not going to run hotter. This card should run about as hot as the R9 290X.

Is that a video about the 15.5 driver? It better be coming!

Also, is that music/background din from the new deus ex game?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Is that a video about the 15.5 driver? It better be coming!

AMD is using 15.20 for internal testing of Fiji.  :P

Fanboys say?

Drivers, rebrands

Oh have I missed the nvidia army can't wait to leave for good.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Fiji is AMD's new god card that features 4096 GCN 1.2+ shaders under one hood. And no it's not going to run hotter. This card should run about as hot as the R9 290X.

Right but that is only their top level card. What about their new lower level cards? If they are just re-brands then IDK what AMD thinks they are doing. I know I wouldn't buy a re-branded card from 3 years ago. 

Right but that is only their top level card. What about their new lower level cards? If they are just re-brands then IDK what AMD thinks they are doing. I know I wouldn't buy a re-branded card from 3 years ago. 

I posted this in another thread but i'll post it here once again.

Honestly give the 2xx series the same make over they gave the r9 285 with some extra tessellation power and a little more efficiency and then throw the R&D Dollars at the very high end and try to stomp some face. The 2xx series is still damn competitive for its age and AMD unfortunately doesn't have tons of R&D money to throw around so it sounds like a solid choice to me. The 2xx series may be less efficient but Maxwell didnt really do anything amazing for pure performance and the older AMD cards can still keep up while being cheaper (and less power efficient)

As Linus pointed out winning a top tier battle can mean a very nice sales jump on the lower end cards just because they have a "fastest card in the world" title, its great for brand image. 

I'm excited to see what these "Titan-esque" cards can do. 

When the dust settle it looks like i'll be buying a single 980 ti or whatever AMD brings to the high end to replace my 7970s

Dont let me down AMD.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Dont let me down AMD.

They already have. I just replaced my 7990 with a titan x. It runs so much cooler, it's really unbelievable. 

They already have. I just replaced my 7990 with a titan x. It runs so much cooler, it's really unbelievable. 

you're saying a older dual gpu card runs hotter than a single GPU modern card?

Didn't see that coming :)

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

R9 295x2 runs cooler than a GTX 980. It's really not much of an issue unless the card is running uncomfortably hot. Something the TITAN X is known to do (100C+ on the back GDDR5). If Fiji is only rated for 300w you can expect a really cool running card (memory is on package). If the VRM is sinked with the block via a cooling plate it might be one of the coolest running cards on the market in its performance bracket.

you're saying a older dual gpu card runs hotter than a single GPU modern card?

Didn't see that coming :)

The 7990 ran at 80c at IDLE with fans at 100%. The gtx 980 idles at 43c with the fans OFF completely. There is a MAJOR difference here. I haven't tested the titan x yet as I just got it but it was idling at 53c with a reference cooler and the fans at 10%. 

I wasn't surprised it was running cooler. I was surprised at just exactly how much cooler it was. 

The 7990 ran at 80c at IDLE with fans at 100%. The gtx 980 idles at 43c with the fans OFF completely. There is a MAJOR difference here. I haven't tested the titan x yet as I just got it but it was idling at 53c with a reference cooler and the fans at 10%. 

I wasn't surprised it was running cooler. I was surprised at just exactly how much cooler it was. 

Sounds like you got a defective card, the 7990 idles at 37C and 79C at load according to reviews.

Cooling technology advances over the space of 3 years.

*Gasp*

R9 295x2 runs cooler than a GTX 980. It's really not much of an issue unless the card is running uncomfortably hot. Something the TITAN X is known to do (100C+ on the back GDDR5). If Fiji is only rated for 300w you can expect a really cool running card (memory is on package). If the VRM is sinked with the block via a cooling plate it might be one of the coolest running cards on the market in its performance bracket.

I doubt it. The 980 I'm running was 43c without the fans running at all at idle. The titan is slightly higher at 53c idling. I haven't tested gaming yet but I'll get around to it. I also have the option of adding a different cooler to the titan x if I feel it needs it. There is no way it beats a titan x in thermals if the titan x is also water cooled. 

Sounds like you got a defective card, the 7990 idles at 37C and 79C at load according to reviews.

Reviews don't equate to real world performance. 

Then there was something

wrong with your 7990. Most benchmarks have the card at about 37 to 40 at idle and 79 to 80 under full load. On Mobile do can't link links but idle temp benchmarks are easy enough to Google.

Then there was something

wrong with your 7990. Most benchmarks have the card at about 37 to 40 at idle and 79 to 80 under full load. On Mobile do can't link links but idle temp benchmarks are easy enough to Google.

Normally it idles at 55c in my NZXT phantom, the 80c idle is in my mitx case. It's not uncommon for my 7990 to reach 103c if I'm playing GTA5 in 4k. It was time for an upgrade and the new card I have is much better.