Game that got you into PC gaming

dougdangger

Counter-Strike 1.1 or 1.2 not sure, it was a lifetime ago (1998-2000 maybe).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

For me it was the very first gta

now i'm playing gta 5 and i dont regret anything

GTA 5 got me motivated to build my own pc and now I've just sold my ps4 for more pc parts.

I used to play a lot of "Education" games on PC back in the late 90's since I was young, but around 2004-2005 I got CS:S and was hooked. Really sad to see that CS:S's community died off later in the years and it didn't transition to CSGO. I miss the old Surf, Zombie, Hide n' Seek, and a multitude of other servers that I remember playing. I know I can play most of these on GMod now, but it just isn't the same...

Around 2006-2009 was the Golden Age of PC games for me, lots of great communities that really drove entertainment. Wish I could go back and play it all again!

I wouldn't say a particular game got me into PC gaming.  I always loved building legos and Knex, and decided to build a computer for the fun of it two years ago.  That being said, playing the PC version of bioshock infinite after finishing it on the 360 was mind blowing.  I haven't turned on my xbox since...

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Roller Coaster Tycoon / Zoo Tycoon

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

That's a tough one... Hmm...

Technically Army Moves, but let's go with something x86 based. Doom.

Bonus Round by Genre:

FPS - Doom and then Duke Nukem 3D

Strategy - Warcraft

RPG - Fallout

Racing - Need For Speed SE and NFS3:HP

City Sim - Outpost

Sports - NHL 99

Space/Flight - Wing Commander 3

Definitly has to be Age of Empires. Love the series. I always seem to go back and play after all these years.

Doom. It was one of the first games I played period. I say that because before Doom, I only played Super Mario Bros and Contra on NES.

Contra was one of the best NES games, I played Doom as my first PC game and ended up moving to console when I got my PS2 then back to PC with WoW until recently now it's just GTA V and COD mainly.

Ohh man that had to be 1995, Good ol' command and conquer at my nephews place. I remember they tried to burn it to a CD for me and they had to turn off the dryer etc because the old school CD burning was such a sensitive process, no stomping on the floor!

NOD FTW!!! Yeah C&C definitely was one of those games I played A LOT but it wasn't the first.

Ultima Online: The Second Age, then when I was older, TF2

Arkham Origins... I was playing it with Intel HD on my old laptop (still ran better than the Xbox 360 LMFAO). I got hooked and bought a prebuilt and eventually changed every part before selling it. Built my current PC in February. 

Pretty much always a PC gamer. So hand that took most playtime out from PS2 was RuneScape and several browser games. The hand that made us want better PC with dedicated GPU was CS 1.5.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Counterstrike. And no, not CS:GO, not even 1.6. Those LAN sessions until crap-o'-clock got me hooked.

Final Fantasy XI. The best MMO there ever was until they fucked it up in 2010.

Neverwinter nights, I was obsessed with that  game for years, I tried playing the game on a pentium 3  with a nividia rivia (mind you this was in 2010) and I was so bummed out that I couldnt when I finally was able to play it on a cheap laptop that I later bvought from a freind, it was the first game I installed... speaking of which I need to start up a new campain its been a while since I played hordes of the underdark

the other games that got me into pc gaming were Warcraft 3 and arcanum, there were otheres (disciples, planescape,) but it intitally was those three,

CRPG for life !

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Starwars: the old republic. this is the reason i bought a gaming pc. i was paying on my MBP and console before then

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

skyrim got me hyped by the mods and bf3 also because of its amazing graphics

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim is what got me into it. Before I played games like Dragon's Nest rarely.

But after I played Skyrim on PS3 and heard there was modding capabilities as well as higher graphic settings, I had to get a gaming PC. Since then it advanced swiftly. haha I still game hard on my beloved consoles though.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The first one I ever owned was Lego Creator back in '98 but I don't think I really got into it until the following year with Lego Racers and Age of Empires. 17 years of PC gaming!

AoE was in fact the game that taught me how to type (all those cheat codes... ;) For quite a while, I could actually type "cheese steak jimmy's" faster than I could my own first name. That was until I worked out the keyboard short cuts for copy and paste...), at least how to type using more than just my index fingers, slowly pressing each key.

I have always been a console guy.

I fly RC helicopters as a hobby and spend thousands of dollars a year in crash repairs so obviously a flight simulator was needed.

I decided to build a PC that would run my simulator nice and sharp.

It did...Now I wanted to test it with something that would put a little strain on it and the internet said Battlefield 4 was that game.

Next thing I knew,the RC helis were for sale to build a better Battlefield 4 platform.lol...

So yeah...as for PC gaming...it was Battlefield 4. :P