Game that got you into PC gaming

dougdangger

I think the first one I really got invested into is World of Goo.

I played pong when it came out and an early console. Didn't do much for me. Wasn't until I got a 286 from work(moving co.) I bought the shareware version of Doom. Fry's was close by since we lived in Santa Ana Ca and went to get a 386 Cpu and found that for the same money I could get a Cyrix DX2 for the same price as an intel 386. I was SOOOOO hooked.It was what I called the "muscle car" era of computing. I still remember the sound my 64 meg MFM full height hard drive made.

Any game that required a fancy machine to run and looked great. IMO the only reason to play PC is the graphics.. So yeah...

:/

I don't remember one game that got me into PC gaming but I remember a few around that start of it.  Tribes, StarCraft, first Diablo, first Age of Empires, Counter Strike 1.6, just to name a few over the first few years of PC gaming.

Am I the only one around here who really doesn't like pcpartpicker?
I also like Ubisoft and Origin/EA          
Guess I'm just odd that way.

HATER OF MAIL IN REBATES!

Doom, Hexen, The King's Quest Series, Space Quest Series... (I'm getting old, sigh).

The first commercial game I ever played on a PC (as opposed to the ones we wrote ourselves, or ported from the school mainframe) was probably Ultima.

The one that really got me into gaming was the original Wing Commander, because by that time I could afford my own computer.

Runescape was the first game I played on PC, but I wouldn't say it got me into pc gaming. I also played Minecraft near religiously when me and my friends ran a public server when the game was in the beta, but that didn't exactly get me into PC gaming either because when I played those games those were the only ones I played on the PC.

The DayZ mod for Arma 2 is probably the game that got me into PC gaming. I loved the shit outta that; that was the best time I've ever had playing video games in my entire life.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Counter-Strike 

CPU: Intel i5-7600k (4.8 ghz) | Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero | RAM: Corsair LPX (2x8GB) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | CPU Cooler: NH-D15|

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W | Case: Fractal Define R5 | Storage: Samsung EVO 250GB SSD - WD Blue 1TB | Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" 144hz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | 

Mouse: Logitech G602 | Headset: Sennheiser HD558 + V-Moda Boom Pro mic

"PC Gaming" =/= "Playing Games on a PC"

At fifteen, I started of with TF2. At seventeen, I play all sorts - simulators, MMOs, RPGs, FPSs, MMOBAs, etc, etc.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

original call of duty

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

The frostbite engine on PC was like a magnet for me

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Dukenukem 3d, what a game... 

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Battlefield 4 and DayZ

CPU: Intel i7 4700 GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 Storage: 1TB Western Blue RAM: 8 GB GDDR3 Operating Software: Windows 10 Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W Case: Shitty HP Case From Old Pre Built PC
<p>