A guy is harassing my girlfriend. What to do?

IMPERIUS

Hi!

So every time my gf goes on the bus to home a guy always speaks to her, today he even pulled back her bag to "see if she has an ass" and then I decided to do something about it.

Disclaimer: I'm not an overprotective guy and I do this because she said she really doesn't like it and wants him to stop.

Situation: since my gf is a very friendly person she couldn't ignore his "hey, how are you doing?" messages on FB and snapchat they started to chat. She doesn't like him but she did it because she's just that type of person who doesn't have the heart to say "no" to anybody. So its up to me to get rid of him. He is older than me so the "beat him up" plan won't work here. Also no friends can be used here because of the situation given

So I can message him via snapchat or FB (preferably on snapchat) or the extreme way would be to go on the same bus as she and sit with her, pretend to not be her bf and if he says anything to her I can be like: "wtf are you talking to? My girlfriend?" and that should be enough to make him stop harassing her. Only problem is that me and her don't ride on the same busses and there is like a 1% chance I could go with her on it since my parents don't allow me to just go on a random bus and would be very mad at me why I came 2h later than usual home.

What would you do in my situation? IMO the easiest way to do it is via snapchat but what to write?

Thanks!

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

pow-right-in-the-kisser-meme-generator-p

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Find the sucker and just sock his face.

Kidding, just tell him you'll call the cops

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hi!

So every time my gf goes on the bus to home a guy always speaks to her, today he even pulled back her bag to "see if she has an ass" and then I decided to do something about it.

Disclaimer: I'm not an overprotective guy and I do this because she said she really doesn't like it and wants him to stop.

Situation: since my gf is a very friendly person she couldn't ignore his "hey, how are you doing?" messages on FB and snapchat they started to chat. She doesn't like him but she did it because she's just that type of person who doesn't have the heart to say "no" to anybody. So its up to me to get rid of him. He is older than me so the "beat him up" plan won't work here. Also no friends can be used here because of the situation given

So I can message him via snapchat or FB (preferably on snapchat) or the extreme way would be to go on the same bus as she and sit with her, pretend to not be her bf and if he says anything to her I can be like: "wtf are you talking to? My girlfriend?" and that should be enough to make him stop harassing her. Only problem is that me and her don't ride on the same busses and there is like a 1% chance I could go with her on it since my parents don't allow me to just go on a random bus and would be very mad at me why I came 2h later than usual home.

What would you do in my situation? IMO the easiest way to do it is via snapchat but what to write?

Thanks!

I would say go with her personally. Explain to your parents why do you need to do this

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Well if "beat him up" is not an option... Just, give her a tazer and next time he does something bad.. She just tazes the f*ck out of him???

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

>  today he even pulled back her bag to "see if she has an ass"

> she didn't tell him that it's not cool

> chats with him

if i were the guy, i would have zero reasons to stop, even if the boyfriend came to complain, especially if i'm not scared of him

i think she's the one who has to do something, she just has to tell him that she doesn't like what he's doing, or that she has a boyfriend already. if that doesn't work, come back here and we'll proceed to plan B

go to the po-po and file a report. if it does not subside, then a writ of no contact order.

Find the sucker and just sock his face.

Kidding, just tell him you'll call the cops

Its not like he would be touching her its not that bad. He's just very annoying and because my gf is a very friendly person and can't just ignore him (they see each other every day on the bus home btw) he thinks she likes him and therefore he even more spams her with messages. 

He stopped for a bit when we sent him a snap of us two together but what happened today with the bag is a bit too much imo

Well if "beat him up" is not an option... Just, give her a tazer and next time he does something bad.. She just tazes the f*ck out of him???

Thats illegal here 

Wow you miss something and make your parents angry for helping your girlfriend. Why is she with you ? Sorry for the words bud, but you have to do everything for your loved one.

Whats the age difference between you and that guy? Dont be a pussy, just go on the bus with her. Tell him to fuck off or you will call the cops.

And tazers arent allowed? What about chili spray or whatever its called(to spray to the eyes) ? So you basicly cant have deffence. Some countrys these days.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

if i were the guy, i would have zero reasons to stop, even if the boyfriend came to complain, especially if i'm not scared of him

i think she's the one who has to do something, she just has to tell him that she doesn't like what he's doing, or that she has a boyfriend already. if that doesn't work, come back here and we'll proceed to plan B

Yes and thats the problem. But knowing her for over 2 years now I know she won't say anything at least for now, maybe in the near future

Wow you miss something and make your parents angry for helping your girlfriend. Why is she with you ? Sorry for the words bud, but you have to do everything for your loved one.

True. I might just go yolo and risk something for her

Get her to get a friend on the bus record his harassment, and report it to the school and or police if necessary.

Very true. But there are smarter and better ways to go about it. But I agree, to hell with his parents.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You gf really needs to learn to handle unwanted attention better.

Thats how I'd deal with it.. if he doesn't get the message and continues after SHE has made it clear THEN you can intervene..

Biggest problem at the moment is that HE will think your being an over-protective bf (possibly) as your gf has been nice to him up to now.

It's all well and good being a nice girl but unless she learns how to treat people honestly she will do more harm to both herself and others than she will do good.

I'm not saying she needs to be mean but she needs to make it clear to him that she is not interested in him in that way 

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

kick him in the dick, and tell him to leave her alone

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

True. I might just go yolo and risk something for her

Man.... Just dedicate yourself to her.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

I'll be that guy but, your girlfriend is the problem. If she doesnt mention that she doesnt like it or doesnt mention that she has a boyfriend, as far as he knows she's single and interested. 

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Thats how I'd deal with it.. if he doesn't get the message and continues after SHE has made it clear THEN you can intervene..

Biggest problem at the moment is that HE will think your being an over-protective bf (possibly) as your gf has been nice to him up to now.

It's all well and good being a nice girl but unless she learns how to treat people honestly she will do more harm to both herself and others than she will do good.

Agree. She was replying in a "cold" way but I guess he'll keep on going.

And will try to convince her to say something to him

I'll be that guy but, your girlfriend is the problem. If she doesnt mention that she doesnt like it or doesnt mention that she has a boyfriend, as far as he knows she's single and interested. 

He knows she has me. Gonna see me soon in person too I guess

Yea, I mean just be clear that she doesn't like him doing that stuff but will "still be friends"

If he keeps going, she needs to cut any ties and let him know she thinks he's being a creep and to leave her alone.. if still doesn't stop.. THEN you get directly involved (or parents / cops / teachers as necessary)

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

While maintaining the rouse of being your GF send him a dick pic on snap chat with something along the lines of "feeling lonely"... if that doesn't work you're in trouble...

Hi!

this is battery. touching someone else's personal property without permission

when attached to the owner is battery. next-time it might be more personal

or damaging. so this could be an escalation issue and if not addressed can

turn into something over your jurisdiction of reprise. alert the authorities

and let them rule on the legalities.

He knows she has me. Gonna see me soon in person too I guess

If the only reason he has made advances is that he thinks she is pretty, then it is neither her fault nor yours.  If it continues there will be a confrontation, try talking to him... sternly.  (just in case, always be ready to duck/bob/weave)

If he does not back off, involve the police.  Here in Canada, that touching her bag to look at her ass thing is sexual assault.

I'm not saying she needs to be mean but she needs to make it clear to him that she is not interested in him in that way 

These guys know what they're talking about. 

She needs to be firm and tell the guy what's up first. If you really don't like a person you have no real reason to be nice to them, after all. And if she did that to my satisfaction, I would kick the dude in the dick.

If she didn't or claims she "couldn't do it" to my satisfaction, I'd be like "it's time we have a little chat". 

I mean, you don't go around being all nice to some chick whose checking out your ass when you don't want her too, right? 

Not to stultify you or your girl, but you should only expect from someone you're with what you'd do for them. Nothing less, nothing more. 

this is battery. touching someone else's personal property without permission

when attached to the owner is battery. next-time it might be more personal

or damaging. so this could be an escalation issue and if not addressed can

turn into something over your jurisdiction of reprise. alert the authorities

and let them rule on the legalities.

^this.

While it would be infinitely more satisfying to just deck the f***ker, it would also not solve the problem. Especially today when kids don't get the message, and come back with a gun or a knife or whatever.

Just get someone to record the harassment, and take it to the principle/cops and have your GF file a complaint. That's the only way it's going to stop.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs