Researchers Just Created An Algorithm That Lets Robots Learn Like Us

NEWSMAY 25, 2015Researchers Just Created An Algorithm That Lets Robots Learn Like Us

ALEX CHAVERS

Whether it’s learning how to build something or play a new sport, we all learn the same. Trial and error.

Researchers from UC Berkeley created new algorithms that bring this trial and error process to robots. A UC Berkeley press release describes the technique as a “major milestone in the field of artificial intelligence.”

This technique allows a robot to complete tasks such as putting a clothes hanger on a rack or assembling a toy plane without pre-programmed details about its surroundings.

Check out BRETT the Robot in action in the

http://youtu.be/JeVppkoloXs

Op :- http://www.newsledge.com/deep-learning-and-robots-16003

Artificial intelligence is the future !..

I'm stoked about this ..

Can't wait till mobile personal assistants like cortana or siri start using this algorithm :D

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

We're all fucked.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

We're all fucked.

Only if the robot is pissed off and doesn't have the 4 laws (though the 'zeroth' law is to put humanity above individual people-so it could cause some problems).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Will it learn how to play with itself?

LOL

He sure is good at inserting things.

I see what you did there ... ;)

Now I feel worthless.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Now I feel worthless.

Why ?... You can't make a kinderjoy airplane or put together Legos ?

QYELCA.png

Has anyone considered the possibility that they wouldn't kill us, but rather capture us and "upgrade" us to their level? Meaning rip our consciousnesses from our fragile bodies and put them into chassis like theirs? I mean....why not?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So them learning has me slightly worried. However a backdoor can be inserted even if they the self completely rewrote their source code. Find "reflections on trusting trust" and you will know what I mean

this is actually not too crazy of a thing. This is the same kind of algorithm that was used by a computer to complete games. It tries solutions until it finds something that works. Its not new, nor it is even remotely close to artificial intelligence. Think of it like a brute force attack to break encryption. It keeps trying new solutions until one that works is found.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Time as we know it has come to an end.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Artificial intelligence and "Elimination" should never be used together. (Berkeley Robot for the Elimination of Tedious Tasks)

People are still forgetting the laws of robotics.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

this is actually not too crazy of a thing. This is the same kind of algorithm that was used by a computer to complete games. It tries solutions until it finds something that works. Its not new, nor it is even remotely close to artificial intelligence. Think of it like a brute force attack to break encryption. It keeps trying new solutions until one that works is found.

It actually remembers how to solve that problem ..

For example .. If he is given those same Lego's again .. He will do it in one try .. He learns something and keeps that in mind . next time he sees it .. He does it easily .. That's how humans learn .. That's how you sir , learned to walk .. Its artificial intelligence alright.

QYELCA.png

Has anyone considered the possibility that they wouldn't kill us, but rather capture us and "upgrade" us to their level? Meaning rip our consciousnesses from our fragile bodies and put them into chassis like theirs? I mean....why not?

Relax ... Till the day worlds first completely independent and operational artificial intelligence is formed ... You will be dead .. Soo... Stop being a conspiracy theorist for a sec and grab a beer ( or popcorn ) and watch Brett make you a sandwich .. ;)

Just when I thought my RPG would start gathering dust in the attic...

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

194i60lwswxp6gif.gif

Scary. I'm the kind of person who believes something like this will backfire like all the movies/books/games make happen.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

QYELCA.png

u seen 'chappy' havent you?! i dont think its to likely 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

-snip

Scary. I'm the kind of person who believes something like this will backfire like all the movies/books/games make happen.

u seen 'chappy' havent you?! i dont think its to likely 

Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs