Galaxy S3, brought back from the watery grave!

beebskadoo

So me and my Boyfriend went swimming in our pool yesterday. We were having a great time enjoying the coolness of the pool. It was a hot day about 95F (35C) so what better way to beat the heat? Well we were in there for about an hour or so and we got out of the pool and dried off, and suddenly I felt something in my pocket ( yeah my swim shorts have pockets :p) It was my Galaxy S3. I was a little bit upset but i have insurance. So I went inside and took it completely apart and packed it in rice. I called the T-Mobile help line and got transferred to the insurance claims. It cost me 150 bucks :( but it was better than not having insurance. The best part is they say that i should get my phone today! Great service. Well I didn't have my pictures or contacts synced to the web so i decided what the hey, might as well see if it turns on if anything. Well BEHOLD ALL IS RESTORED!!! BACK FROM THE WATERY DEPTHS!!! Totally works fine. No problems but too bad i payed the money for a replacement. I'm not gonna take any chances though. Don't want something to happen to it and me be SOL. But yeah, I found that awesome. Anyone else have any cellphone horror stories/redemptions? 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

So me and my Boyfriend went swimming in our pool yesterday. We were having a great time enjoying the coolness of the pool. It was a hot day about 95F (35C) so what better way to beat the heat? Well we were in there for about an hour or so and we got out of the pool and dried off, and suddenly I felt something in my pocket ( yeah my swim shorts have pockets :P) It was my Galaxy S3. I was a little bit upset but i have insurance. So I went inside and took it completely apart and packed it in rice. I called the T-Mobile help line and got transferred to the insurance claims. It cost me 150 bucks :( but it was better than not having insurance. The best part is they say that i should get my phone today! Great service. Well I didn't have my pictures or contacts synced to the web so i decided what the hey, might as well see if it turns on if anything. Well BEHOLD ALL IS RESTORED!!! BACK FROM THE WATERY DEPTHS!!! Totally works fine. No problems but too bad i payed the money for a replacement. I'm not gonna take any chances though. Don't want something to happen to it and me be SOL. But yeah, I found that awesome. Anyone else have any cellphone horror stories/redemptions? 

I think its the first time I see a girl posting in this forum... Which is awesome

Nice story. Well my HTC Titan get's wet almost every week lol. I ski on an indoor slope and when I go outside again my phone is still very cold and large quantities of moisture appear. I also just wash my screen if it's dirty just by putting some soap on it and wash it off :P It's been working fine for almost 2 years now :)

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

I think its the first time I see a girl posting in this forum... Which is awesome

You do realize that i'm a guy right...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I had Nokia 3310 that survived an hour in salt water. That phone was indestructable, and it still working this day.  

Dear God, those were the days. 

Hail Sithis!

thats not a girl

EDIT

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

thats not a girl

I love when people just assume. makes me giggle and say SURPRISE it's a penis. lol

Hail Sithis!

You do realize that i'm a guy right...

I was just about to ask "What makes you think the OP is a girl?" :)

I was just about to ask "What makes you think the OP is a girl?" :)

Lol :)

Hail Sithis!

AHAHAHAH LOOOOL

Interested in Business and Technology

samsung b3310 sat on a puddle of water until water was coming out the top of the phone ... when i saw it i picked it up and checj=ked if it was still working and it was ... i instantly took out the battery and then taped the phone to a fan. it lived.

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

samsung b3310 sat on a puddle of water until water was coming out the top of the phone ... when i saw it i picked it up and checj=ked if it was still working and it was ... i instantly took out the battery and then taped the phone to a fan. it lived.

Quite remarkable! 

Hail Sithis!

So me and my Boyfriend went swimming in our pool yesterday. We were having a great time enjoying the coolness of the pool. It was a hot day about 95F (35C) so what better way to beat the heat? Well we were in there for about an hour or so and we got out of the pool and dried off, and suddenly I felt something in my pocket ( yeah my swim shorts have pockets :P) It was my Galaxy S3. I was a little bit upset but i have insurance. So I went inside and took it completely apart and packed it in rice. I called the T-Mobile help line and got transferred to the insurance claims. It cost me 150 bucks :( but it was better than not having insurance. The best part is they say that i should get my phone today! Great service. Well I didn't have my pictures or contacts synced to the web so i decided what the hey, might as well see if it turns on if anything. Well BEHOLD ALL IS RESTORED!!! BACK FROM THE WATERY DEPTHS!!! Totally works fine. No problems but too bad i payed the money for a replacement. I'm not gonna take any chances though. Don't want something to happen to it and me be SOL. But yeah, I found that awesome. Anyone else have any cellphone horror stories/redemptions? 

Where in ohio r you located? I live in Columbus.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Where in ohio r you located? I live in Columbus.

near Y town

Hail Sithis!

Guess again mate :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I had a Nokia 3310 that survived an hour in salt water. That phone was indestructable, and it still working this day.  

f67.jpg

f67.jpg

Sometimes I think that is true. You forgot one pro though: It can play Snake and that-one-space-game-that-isn't-Snak

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

man you're lucky it was only in a pool.now go do BACKUPs,BACKUPS,BACKUPS of your data.LOL..

I once brought my old nokia phone during a boat ride at the sea and got a little splash on my pants pocket with the phone inside it. and the sea water/moisture started seeping and corroding the pcb and the phone housing (which was steel btw) within hours. unfortunately it died when i finally got back home.  

man you're lucky it was only in a pool.now go do BACKUPs,BACKUPS,BACKUPS of your data.LOL..

I once brought my old nokia phone during a boat ride at the sea and got a little splash on my pants pocket with the phone inside it. and the sea water/moisture started seeping and corroding the pcb and the phone housing (which was steel btw) within hours. unfortunately it died when i finally got back home.  

that blows :( yeah i backed it up. still working fine. 

Hail Sithis!

Sometimes I think that is true. You forgot one pro though: It can play Snake and that-one-space-game-that-isn't-Snak

playing snake on this phone's keypad isn't really that great. nokia 3210 has the best tactile keypad in the world. used to play snaked until i was left with about 8 spaces to move the snake around.haha.

playing snake on this phone's keypad isn't really that great. nokia 3210 has the best tactile keypad in the world. used to play snaked until i was left with about 8 spaces to move the snake around.haha.

My mom used to have one. though it was the coolest thing ever!

Hail Sithis!

near Y town

Nice:)

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Nice:)

worst place in the world! Y town that is.

Hail Sithis!