Macbook 12" Retina Early 2015

are you still arguing with that 14 year old enigneer :P?

I love arguing :3 makes my time at work go faster. What I enjoy most is the thought of buying one and the thought of the look on their face

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This machine is for people who do NOT want to compromise on size, they need the slimmest lightest machine for none demanding tasks, the macbook excels at this!, The reason Apple still sell the Air and Retina Pro, is because there are people that demand more performance

But it's NOT the slimmest and lightest  <_< and the slimmer and lighter ones actually offer more ports... for 300$ less...

-btw you can thank me later for the free argument ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

But it's NOT the slimmest and lightest  <_< and the slimmer and lighter ones actually offer more ports... for 300$ less...

-btw you can thank me later for the free argument ^^

Not true at all

also its the slimmest and lightest machine with OSX, which fundamentally, is the point here, this is a machine for OSX users not windows users

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

but that is NOT true :P

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Come on let them believe their bullshit

Not true at all

also its the slimmest and lightest machine with OSX, which fundamentally, is the point here, this is a machine for OSX users not windows users

Come on let them believe their bullshit

hey, hey!

I got proof! :P

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX305/specifications/12.3 mm! although I do admit it's a little bit heavier (didn't remember to be completely honest). comes with enough ports, as well as a higher res screen (as much as that may hardly matter at this poit) for significantly less $$$.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

hey, hey!

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX305/specifications/12.3 mm! although I do admit it's a little bit heavier (didn't remember to be completely honest). comes with enough ports, as well as a higher res screen (as much as that may hardly matter at this poit) for significantly less $$$.

13.3" with a thick bezel which is larger (an inch wider than a dell xps13) cheaper model on comes with a 1080p display, its also a slower SSD, worse trackpad, none backlit keyboard, speakers are on the bottom, 

13.3" with a thick bezel which is larger (an inch wider than a dell xps13) cheaper model on comes with a 1080p display, its also a slower SSD, worse trackpad, none backlit keyboard, speakers are on the bottom, 

12.3 according to the product page  :huh: are you sure it's 13.3?

The more expensive model is still 300 bucks cheaper than the macbook, which in my opinion justifies an unnoticeably slower ssd (it's not like you're going to edit videos on it), bottom speakers and a trackpad that I'd substitute with a mouse regardless. And on what occasion will you be in the dark with an ultraportable machine?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

12.3 according to the product page  :huh: are you sure it's 13.3?

The more expensive model is still 300 bucks cheaper than the macbook, which in my opinion justifies an unnoticeably slower ssd (it's not like you're going to edit videos on it), bottom speakers and a trackpad that I'd substitute with a mouse regardless. And on what occasion will you be in the dark with an ultraportable machine?

trains and planes? libraries? late night emergencies? you will be everywhere with an ultra portable, and cannot guarantee well lit enviroments

It says 13.3" Auto IPS FHD (1920x1080)/IPS QHD+(3200 x 1800) on that link you gave haha, its 13.3" and has really big bezels, making it like a 14" size

the $699 model is only 1080p and runs on a slower 0.8ghz Processor, its also half a pound heavier, and larger to carry

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232393&cm_re=ux305-_-34-232-393-_-Product

Most ultraportable users do not use a mouse, as the Apple trackpad is AMAZING and has awesome gesture support with mission control and expose - id pay $150 for that feature alone!!!

trains and planes? libraries? late night emergencies? you will be everywhere with an ultra portable, and cannot guarantee well lit enviroments

It says 13.3" Auto IPS FHD (1920x1080)/IPS QHD+(3200 x 1800) on that link you gave haha, its 13.3" and has really big bezels, making it like a 14" size

the $699 model is only 1080p and runs on a slower 0.8ghz Processor, its also half a pound heavier, and larger to carry

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232393&cm_re=ux305-_-34-232-393-_-Product

Most ultraportable users do not use a mouse, as the Apple trackpad is AMAZING and has awesome gesture support with mission control and expose - id pay $150 for that feature alone!!!

OH, I though you were saying it's 13.3 mm thick :P forgive me, I'm a bit tired lol.

Again, the 700$ model is not as good, but the 1000$ one is.

but I'm tapping out because as I said, I'm not feeling too hot right now ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

OH, I though you were saying it's 13.3 mm thick :P forgive me, I'm a bit tired lol.

Again, the 700$ model is not as good, but the 1000$ one is.

haha its cool, at the end of the day $300 is not much, especially if somebody needs OSX as their primary OS

Anyway :D im bored 

get well

hey, hey!

no you don't

although I do admit it's a little bit heavier (didn't remember to be completely honest).

and are even admiting it ...

_____

- it is 350g heavier

- it is quite a bit bigger

- the Asus might have a bit higher resolution, BUT it actually is much worse in terms of color (75% vs 96% sRGB), contrast and other disciplines.

- the price difference isn't really that big if you consider similar speced models

no you don't

and are even admiting it ...

_____

- it is 350g heavier

- it is quite a bit bigger

- the Asus might have a bit higher resolution, BUT it actually is much worse in terms of color (75% vs 96% sRGB), contrast and other disciplines.

- the price difference isn't really that big if you consider similar speced models

I admitted the mistake, doesn't change the fact that it's thinner...

and I'll refer you to what I said earlier

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I admitted the mistake, doesn't change the fact that it's thinner...

omg ... 0.8mm ... and the Macbook is more V-shaped, than the Asus (i.e. only one side is "thicker") ...

I bet you rather notice those 350g, than those 0.8mm

you said:

the slimmer and lighter ones actually offer more ports... for 300$ less...

which is NOT true at all.

there are slimmer ones, there are lighter ones, there are cheaper ones, but not in that combination.

and those which are cheaper and slimmer are worse in other areas.

omg ... 0.8mm ... and the Macbook is more V-shaped, than the Asus (i.e. only one side is "thicker") ...

I bet you rather notice those 350g, than those 0.8mm

you said:

which is NOT true at all.

there are slimmer ones, there are lighter ones, there are cheaper ones, but not in that combination.

and those which are cheaper and slimmer are worse in other areas.

the one I linked is cheaper and slimmer. I admitted it was a bit heavier. and honestly it's a bit hypocritical to sarcastically say "omg 0,8mm" when you're the one advocating for the macbook's "incredible slimness" which is still a matter of tenths of millimetres... it's easy to trumpet forward a products' qualities and say you don't care when something beats it in that field... reminds me of how resolution was apparently everything when iphones got the "retina" screen and nobody cared anymore when it got left behind.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

the one I linked is cheaper and slimmer. I admitted it was a bit heavier. and honestly it's a bit hypocritical to sarcastically say "omg 0,8mm" when you're the one advocating for the macbook's "incredible slimness" which is still a matter of tenths of millimetres... it's easy to trumpet forward a products' qualities and say you don't care when something beats it in that field... reminds me of how resolution was apparently everything when iphones got the "retina" screen and nobody cared anymore when it got left behind.

Macbook:

6.5% thicker

Zenbook:

37.7% heavier

24% bigger (volume)

add all the other shortcomings from the Asus and it is clear, why there is a (what?) $200 difference.

___

Still your statement was wrong and you deny to admit that.

Macbook:

6.5% thicker

Zenbook:

37.7% heavier

24% bigger (volume)

add all the other shortcomings from the Asus and it is clear, why there is a (what?) $200 difference.

___

I wont deny the thinness can get utter rediculous. and the retina phone screen race of got utter rediculous. At least laptop screen resolutions has been vaguely sensible with retina screens not exceeding as standard size on the whole with notebooks that have without going that needlessly.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

uh... at this point you're making stuff up... I originally said there were thinner and lighter laptops that were also cheaper and had more ports. I subsequently admitted that I thought the zenbook was lighter but it actually is not. The rest of what I said holds true. It's factually thinner, cheaper and with more ports. So I don't know what you're raving on about.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

uh... at this point you're making stuff up... I originally said there were thinner and lighter laptops that were also cheaper and had more ports. I subsequently admitted that I thought the zenbook was lighter but it actually is not. The rest of what I said holds true. It's factually thinner, cheaper and with more ports. So I don't know what you're raving on about.

I ignored him for reasons you can probably see right now...

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

• 2 weeks later...

just got my first mac today and its the macbook 2015 :) i using it as a tablet replacement and i love it.

just got my first mac today and its the macbook 2015 :) i using it as a tablet replacement and i love it.

Will you water cool it? [emoji5]️

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

• 5 months later...

This thing is so stupid. Sure, Apple came through with a great design but 1 port? I mean, really Apple? Not now, not in the next few years! When more things are wireless, then maybe but people still use USBs.

Using a USB is not a privilege, it's a right. I use USB's a lot on my laptop and having to buy a $30AUD adapter to connect a USB infuriates me.

The machine is running a terribly clocked CPU. Heck, why don't we go back to 2003 when Apple sold the PowerBook G4 with a 1.67GHz G4 chip!  It has more speed out of the box than the MacBook does. Yes, I know that all of the PowerPC chips are terrible when it comes to power consumption, but it would make people's lives easier.

'Hmm, I wonder. Should I buy the laptop that has the higher gigahertz that's a bit thicker but has USB, or should I buy the laptop that's thin and has only 1 port and might as well have a 10-year-old P4 chip in it."

I know which one I would choose.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB