GTA V radio rant.

Yes you can, and it's not really modding.

Open your start menu, documents, rockstar games, GTA V, user music. Put your own music in the User Music folder, and then when your in game, go to the audio page under settings, and click scan for music.

It creates a radio station from your music files, without commercials.

I did it, it's actually pretty cool. Thanks for showing me m8

The rock radio chanel has some good tunes, but that is about it. 

I just play music in the background with an external music player, goes for any game.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Self Radio causes massive stuttering, F you Rockstar for that.

The only good radio station is Los Santos Rock Radio but I was sick of it after the 100th time.

who cares...

I've tried, but for some reason the music on my self radio channel is barely audible, even if I turn my system volume way up.

Wait, all of them? GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas where awesomely stereotypical.

Only songs I've found so far that I like are Welcome To Los Santos, and Danger Zone.

Mainly because those came on during that one mission where you race those rich kids and then steal their cars, then race back to the garage, which was uber fun in first person triple monitor surround.

I LOVED KDST and Krose from SA

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I LOVED KDST and Krose from SA

I honestly don't remember my favorite from SA.

Need to go back and play through that game again.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I honestly don't remember my favorite from SA.

Need to go back and play through that game again.

it's $3 on humble right now if you don't have it. Gta 3 and VC are also on sale 

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/gta_sanandreas_storefront

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

it's $3 on humble right now if you don't have it. Gta 3 and VC are also on sale 

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/gta_sanandreas_storefront

Now if only I could use my steam wallet on humble.

i do agree old gta had better songs in the radios but not everything is terrible, i switch mostly between southwax, the lab, radio ls, and the rock station depending on what they are playing, though the timing in the missions was flawless

i had a straight happy face when taking madrazo wife to her house after trevor kidnapped her, one of my favorite moments in the game, and the music timing nailed it

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i do agree old gta had better songs in the radios but not everything is terrible, i switch mostly between southwax, the lab, radio ls, and the rock station depending on what they are playing, though the timing in the missions was flawless

i had a straight happy face when taking madrazo wife to her house after trevor kidnapped her, one of my favorite moments in the game, and the music timing nailed it

Yeah it was. I did like The Lab DJ's, hilariously stupid.

Now if only I could use my steam wallet on humble.

just wait for the summer sale :)

Why don't they just get a deal to stream real radio?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Why don't they just get a deal to stream real radio?

I was just thinking "if only they could somehow get spotify or sound cloud in there for music" lol

Specifically, GTA V needs this song damnit. https://soundcloud.com/keysnkrates/all-the-time-tove-lo-flip

I was just thinking "if only they could somehow get spotify or sound cloud in there for music" lol

pretty sure there's a mod for that

I love the Lowdown, hosted by the legend that is Pam Grier. There is some good stuff on Mirror park, worldwide, soulwax, channel x and radio SA, but I can't listen to them all the time.

Non-stop pop is a curious mix, some really good stuff (I may have profaned with excitement when I first heard M.I.A Bad girls come on) and some absolutely awful dross. Though Cara is very easy on the ear.

If only you could get Blaine county radio was available all over the map, because WCTR is just rubbish.

Talk stations aside, I don't think it's a bad effort, not as good as san andreas but better than GTA 4.

It's so repetitive i really don't know how i handle it in GTA SA and GTA IV :S

About 40 Gigabytes of music is symlinked to the GTA5 user music folder - so - problem solved... :D

You are allowed to have animated avatars on LTT, but - try to have images like "userbars" in the signature - no chance...

Excels last cell is XFD1048576 and once was IV65536.

(if you want to have the most effective mousepad - use a colored matte floor tile)

I love the Lowdown, hosted by the legend that is Pam Grier. There is some good stuff on Mirror park, worldwide, soulwax, channel x and radio SA, but I can't listen to them all the time.

Non-stop pop is a curious mix, some really good stuff (I may have profaned with excitement when I first heard M.I.A Bad girls come on) and some absolutely awful dross. Though Cara is very easy on the ear.

If only you could get Blaine county radio was available all over the map, because WCTR is just rubbish.

Talk stations aside, I don't think it's a bad effort, not as good as san andreas but better than GTA 4.

I was disappointed at the utter lack of MIA paper planes.

The only gta radios worth mentioning

Radio X, KDST & Radio Los Santos