GTA V radio rant.

just use your own music

problem solved

That would be a great suggestion, if it still wasn't causing stuttering and screen tearing :/

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Am I the only one completely disappointed with the soundtrack on the Radio stations in GTA V? Not just the music, but the talk radio as well.

I especially hated what they did to Lazlo, not so much as in the main story, but what they did to him on the radio. That and the other talk radio shows are just....god awful and annoying. Not as funny as they used to be.

i like the stock market parts music is ok, not as good as tge others, talk shows aren't nearly up to par.

i like the stock market parts music is ok, not as good as tge others, talk shows aren't nearly up to par.

Agreed.

I don't like how they have multiple talk radio shows. The one with lazlo is a joke, and the others are just f**king irritating to listen to.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yeah most of the music in game is pretty meh. There's a few songs I like on Los Santos Rock Radio, Non-Stop-Pop FM & West Coast Classics. But there's maybe a dozen in total..

I find WCTR pretty bland, especially since EVERY time I turn to it, it has Chakra Attack playing, and it got old real fast imo. Blaine County Radio is a little better though. But the lack of funny talk back radio has sucked in GTA IV & V imo. Just or Unjust in GTA IV was brilliant though, I wanted something like that in GTA V especially since it's god damn Vinewood with all the drama..

I would just love to have my music work on Self Radio without the massive drop in performance, it's weird, I switch it on goes from a constant 60FPS (or higher with v-sync off) to somewhere between 30FPS & 45FPS.

I hope we get some kind of expansion to the game like GTA IV got, since I don't really care for the online part of GTA.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

i'm happy with Los Santo Rock radio....Could've added more variety so im not listening to the same song every 10 minutes. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Yeah most of the music in game is pretty meh. There's a few songs I like on Los Santos Rock Radio, Non-Stop-Pop FM & West Coast Classics. But there's maybe a dozen in total..

I find WCTR pretty bland, especially since EVERY time I turn to it, it has Chakra Attack playing, and it got old real fast imo. Blaine County Radio is a little better though. But the lack of funny talk back radio has sucked in GTA IV & V imo. Just or Unjust in GTA IV was brilliant though, I wanted something like that in GTA V especially since it's god damn Vinewood with all the drama..

I would just love to have my music work on Self Radio without the massive drop in performance, it's weird, I switch it on goes from a constant 60FPS (or higher with v-sync off) to somewhere between 30FPS & 45FPS.

I hope we get some kind of expansion to the game like GTA IV got, since I don't really care for the online part of GTA.

I haven't noticed a performance drop, but I experience the same f!@#$@$#%@#$!@#$@#$%@#$%@#king thing as you, every. single. f@#$$$@#%^@#%@#%$king. time. I switch to chatterbox, it's f@#%@#$^@#$%!@#$@#$%$$king chakra whatever....and I want to STRANGLE the host of it. Absolutely irritating.

I just can't get the self audio to be loud enough, not to mention that it's like, duplicating songs.

Why don't you use an audio in and use your phone/MP3 player?

I haven't noticed a performance drop, but I experience the same f!@#$@$#%@#$!@#$@#$%@#$%@#king thing as you, every. single. f@#$$$@#%^@#%@#%$king. time. I switch to chatterbox, it's f@#%@#$^@#$%!@#$@#$%$$king chakra whatever....and I want to STRANGLE the host of it. Absolutely irritating.

Ugh, it's just so annoying.. Funny thing is the voice actor who voiced that bloke, is a pretty funny and cool guy from what I saw on Rockstars YouTube channel when they did some GTA Online with him, Lazlow and some journalists from I think IGN..

The chat shows USED to be the best thing about the GTA games. Gardening with Maurice was always a personal favourite of mine from San Andreas. What ever happened to Lazlow & the other writers they used to write rather funny stuff for the GTA radio shows, just feels like they're trying to hard to be sarcastic and real at the same time and it's just not working imo.

I don't mind it, but it doesn't come close to the awesomeness of vice city. 

Love flash fm

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

Why don't you use an audio in and use your phone/MP3 player?

.......Gonna have to go into detail there. PC audio confounds me to be honest. I tried changing stuff around with RealTek HD audio manager.....why can't I just get an equalizer with High, Mid, and Low?

Seriously, sound engineers overcomplicate what they do, just make the highs high, the mids mid, and the lows low. Which is how I have the equalizers set on everything I own. Car, in house surround sound, etc.

I liked it all. I laughed quite a bit during the talk shows.

.......Gonna have to go into detail there. PC audio confounds me to be honest. I tried changing stuff around with RealTek HD audio manager.....why can't I just get an equalizer with High, Mid, and Low?

Seriously, sound engineers overcomplicate what they do, just make the highs high, the mids mid, and the lows low. Which is how I have the equalizers set on everything I own. Car, in house surround sound, etc.

There should be an Audio-In Jack on your mobo, take a male to male 3.5 cord from your phone to there, play music, enjoy!

I have music turned to full, system sound settings all the way up, with everything else turned down, still not loud enough.

Mind you, I have tinnitus so to me, decently loud would be painful for others. Like, when I play battlefield, my headset is loud enough that other people can hear it across the room when I'm not wearing it.

Seems fine to me with SFX set to 50% and music maxed, honestly even quiet for me is painful to others. When I drive irl my music is loud enough that you can hear it from inside the (concrete walled) school when I pull up to the parking lot.

"Rawr XD"

I've stopped listening to GTA V's music and just listen to WCTR, then turned it off altogether because San Andreas'  WCTR was better and not as repetitive

As prove:

http://gta.wikia.com/West_Coast_Talk_Radio

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • WCTR News: Hosted by Lianne Forget with Richard Burns, which features up-to-date news in the State of San Andreas, often reporting incidents that happened in a mission, such as the stealing of a Hydra plane in the missionVertical Bird or the burning of the weed plantation in Are You Going To San Fierro? Among all the radio stations, this is the most up-to-date show which keeps up with the story line. Burns does get too involved in reporting, such as interviewing a carjacker, in the process of carjacking, and getting high on weed on air at least twice.
  • The Tight End Zone: Sports program hosted by Derrick Thackery. Thackery does not actually care as much about the sports he loves than the passions aroused from it.
  • The Wild Traveler: Travel program hosted by James Pedeaston. Pedeaston is a child molester wanted in Malaysia and is currently being investigated by the FBI. He enjoys traveling the world and logging some of his most 'exotic' encounters in his travelogue, some of which he accidentally reads on-air to the (unintentional) disgust of listeners. His show appears to be so reviled by his listeners that at one point, he receives no calls at all.
  • Entertaining America: Entertainment program hosted by Billy Dexter and later Lazlow, featuring various guests. Dexter is accidentally shot in the head by a gun-wielding Jack Howitzer, and after a rather lengthy hiatus (which includes Howitzer's subsequent conviction on WCTR news) is replaced by Lazlow. Lazlow interviews OG Loc, who he pronounces it as literally Og Loc, and Cris Formage and gets badgered byDarius Fontaine on the phone.
  • Gardening with Maurice: Gardening show hosted by Maurice. Maurice has a rather horny personality; he not only loves his gardens, but his own body as well. For example, he likes to take pictures of both when they are "blossoming." He also offers unorthodox advice and unusual plant suggestions to callers.
  • I Say/You Say: Political debate show hosted by husband-and-wife liberal-and-conservative team ofPeyton Phillips and Mary Phillips. Peyton and Mary are caricatures of their ideologies; Peyton having communist inclinations while Mary plays 'greedy capitalist'. For example, when dealing with a caller that had recently buried the corpses of numerous illegal immigrants in his backyard, Mary advises the caller on how to use the corpses to evade his taxes while Peyton mentions recycling and organ donation. Early shows feature a desperate Lazlow looking for a radio job, asking if he can take Peyton's and stating that he used to be on the radio "back in the day", referring to his jobs as radio talk show host of V-Rock inGrand Theft Auto: Vice City.
  • Lonely Hearts: Relationship advice program hosted by Christy MacIntyre, featuring Fernando Martinez; he briefly mentions being "chased out" (of Vice City) and alludes to a "Five Alarm Fire".
  • Area 53: A Coast to Coast AM spoof hosted by Marvin Trill. The show is dedicated to conspiracy theories and UFO sightings. Early shows featured Adam First, he says while hang-gliding in Bone County, he saw a man in a trailer compound preforming strange rituals with Domestabots. Trill, who is revealed to be the man, tells him to get a real hobby and hangs up.
Grand Theft Auto V

News

Depending on a player's progress through the game's storyline, the segments played on WCTR will change. Thus, during one segment of the game, the player may only hear specific portions of programs not to be heard again as new segments are aired. This phenomenon is prominent in the 'WCTR News', 'Entertaining America', and 'The Wild Traveler' programs. Various intros, outros and comments delivered by Barbara Fox. Several characters from the main game make cameos in the radio programs and advertising.

It shows the occasional news breakthrough from the game, and OG Loc makes the occasional appearance after you "retrieved" some rhymes from Madd DoggBig Smoke also appears as a person who is forced to serve community service and is spokesperson for the "little guy."

8 compared to 3 segments, how bout that?

And I feel like those 8 are far more entertaining

So now I'm gonna play San Andreas again just for the heck of it

Yeah it sucks. But there is a Robert Plant song in there and I like that Black Eyed Peas song.

Agreed.

I don't like how they have multiple talk radio shows. The one with lazlo is a joke, and the others are just f**king irritating to listen to.

Remember that one in VCS about the masturbating time traveller? I wish they had more stuff like that. :D

Talk radios failed to grab me this time around so to speak. In my opinion they reach their highest point in San Andreas both for soundtrack and radio and it has been worst and worst as time goes by.

The one thing that kind of makes up for it is East Los FM but I suspect non-mexicans will not find the station nearly as humorous and entertaining.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Open your start menu. Click on documents, rockstar games, user music. Put music files in that folder, then when in game, open the settings and audio menu, and scan for music.

Can you make it so that your music plays over the radio stations? or is that considered modding

4 a.m. - Kaskade(Araabmuzik Streetz Tonight) is my favourite song from GTA V so far.

I also like the classic rock channel.

But compared to the other GTA versions, I feel it's not as good.

GTA 3 I think I know every word to every radio station - they played music I'd never heard before.

Vice City - I think had the best music so far... because 80s music

San Andreas - Awesome early 90s music

Those 3 are the best in their own regard.

I think GTA V may be better than GTA IV radio stations.

EDIT: I also noticed not a lot of current music in GTA V, a lot of old school nostalgic music.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I've stopped listening to GTA V's music and just listen to WCTR, then turned it off altogether because San Andreas'  WCTR was better and not as repetitive

As prove:

http://gta.wikia.com/West_Coast_Talk_Radio

8 compared to 3 segments, how bout that?

And I feel like those 8 are far more entertaining

So now I'm gonna play San Andreas again just for the heck of it

This is why I still love GTA: SA. The talk radio as well as the r&b stations were my favorite. I loved all the segments on WCTR in GTA: SA.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Remember that one in VCS about the masturbating time traveller? I wish they had more stuff like that. :D

Haha, he was classic. I miss that kind of radio in GTA.

I think I have the talk radio rips from GTA III, San Andreas, Vice City, Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories somewhere.. I should find them and add them all to GTA V's Self Radio for an entirely awesome single radio station of epic talk radio.

Can you make it so that your music plays over the radio stations? or is that considered modding

Yes you can, and it's not really modding.

Open your start menu, documents, rockstar games, GTA V, user music. Put your own music in the User Music folder, and then when your in game, go to the audio page under settings, and click scan for music.

It creates a radio station from your music files, without commercials.

I only like some songs in the country, non-stop-pop and rock radio channels.

The talk radio I find moderately enjoyable.

But nothing beats the Vice City Public Radio.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum