Any Gas Mask lovers here?

evgeni43

I was wondering, anyone here like gas masks? I have 5 and I'm a collector along with a fair amount of knowledge on them.post-31849-13742070647658_thumb.jpg Latest. PMK-1 with my G430s.

Gas masks are cool. Ive always wanted one but alas, no money :P

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Gas masks are cool. Ive always wanted one but alas, no money :P
Holy hell you can get them for cheap off eBay (my GP-5 cost 10 bucks with shipping).

I like that mask I just Have a civilian mask!
Do you have a picture of that mask? I could identify it for you!

I wouldn't say I am a "lover", since I don't really get the fetish, but I used to have one. The rubber ripped, due to its age, though.

post-1491-0-25381700-1374208147_thumb.jp

I wouldn't say I am a "lover", since I don't really get the fetish, but I used to have one. The rubber ripped, due to its age, though.

post-1491-0-25381700-1374208147_thumb.jp

. I don't have a fetish with it, I love them from a collectors point of view. Also that mask is A Hungarian PMG-1.

Do you have a picture of that mask? I could identify it for you!

this is the one i have

http://www.amazon.com/Israeli-Civilian-Mask-Nato-Filter/dp/B0002XJ2OU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374209092&sr=8-1&keywords=gas+mask

That would be the Israeli Model 4, a copy of the German Draeger Simplex.

Very common mask, however there is an updates version with a drinking tube. Personally I prefer the M15 due to its Triangular Lenses.

. I don't have a fetish with it, I love them from a collectors point of view. Also that mask is A Hungarian PMG-1.

The guy at the army surplus store said that they were Russian. Also that fetish comment was sarcastic.

The guy at the army surplus store said that they were Russian. Also that fetish comment was sarcastic.

. That is a common misconception since the Russians did use it, but their variant was lighter in colour.

. That is a common misconception since the Russians did use it, but their variant was lighter in colour.

The mas was probably a light beige originally. Rubber turns yellow over time.

The mas was probably a light beige originally. Rubber turns yellow over time.

post-31849-13742104203042_thumb.jpg This is the Russian one. The Hungarian ones had a natural brownish look to it, and the rubber wouldn't of yellowed unless it was put in the sun for a couple days.

Here I was thinking of something else...

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

One of my friends collects them...except the ones he has have a bong attached to them...

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I don't love them, but I do find them interesting in the same way I am interested in chernbyl.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I was bored and went on amazon to look for gas masks for fun before. I found this one:

31BOT2u2e%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I also found the flask and a spare filter.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1374210418.709738.jpg This is the Russian one. The Hungarian ones had a natural brownish look to it, and the rubber wouldn't of yellowed unless it was put in the sun for a couple days.

Well, the army surplus store I bought it from did leave in in a crate outside, so I wouldn't be surprised if the sun had yellowed it.

Gas masks are cool, I don't own one ... yet.

I only got an oxygen mask from a crashed B17 bomber, got it out of the ground in 2007.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

It'd be cool to own a gas mask. However, my family thinks it's a waste buying a gas mask, since ''when am I supposed to use it?''. Also filters aren't cheap (old ones can also contain asbestos).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.