Mechframe X99 ITX, Titan X, 5820K, 16gb DDR4, D-Frame Mini

So its that time again that I did an upgrade, like any true hardware junkie I gotta get my fix, for the past 2 years I have had multiple builds, part swaps you name it, always getting an upgrade. Starting with an FX 8150 with quadfire 7970 in a super full tower to my latest build a 4770k with a 780ti crammed in a shoebox. Basically one size extreme to another, ITX fits my needs very well as I love the portability and I love the idea of cramming a ton of power into a small form factor.

My old builds :

Fire and Ice:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/37149-fire-and-ice-full-amd-7970-quadfire-rebuild-56k-warning/

Headcase (Game Server):

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/154267-headcase-intel-skulltrail-8-cores-before-it-was-cool/

Nuclear Football:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/90712-the-nuclear-football-4770k-780ti-itx/

Well you can never have enough power. Also Size matters and don't let anyone tell you differently.

So whats the new build? well Ill let this little teaser image do the talking and let you get a taste..........I wont get the rest of the parts for a few days so hang on to the edge of your seat.

n6Jahaf.jpg

Sorry about the crappy photo, HTC one camera has trouble focusing on anything.

Full Specs:

MoBO: Asrock X99E ITX

RAM: 16Gb 8gb x 2 Crucial Sport DDR4 2400 MHZ

CPU: Intel 5820k

GPU: EVGA TITAN X

SSD: Intel 480gb 730 series ( housed in icydock 3.5 adapter)

HDD: 2x WD black 1Tb

PSU: Seasonic 760w Platinum

Case: In-Win D frame Mini ( In Orange)

GPU Finally Came in

WztNCmm.jpg

Best part of new parts, unboxing them

hDeel2B.jpg

Initial fit:

2PUnEZf.jpg

What do you think of my cable management, also ghetto mounted the wifi with double sided tape

qAyZNZY.jpg

Close of up mobo, the blue accents match perfectly:

My4wglf.jpg

Rear with psu mounted, TIAN at the top :P

VllTRrP.jpg

Top IO, sorry IO shield no use for you here:

dx0ueyV.jpg

Dashie approves, also drinking horn :P. plus the reflection of my boxed copy of steel battalion in the reflection, could retake but I thought it looked like a cool pic

l0gYVMc.jpg

Bonus, picked up a Samsung 34in curved monitor today, first world problem not enough space on desk for more monitors

1jQQI6L.jpg

Current final desk setup, Ducky shine mini, blue snowball, Logitech g602 and california headphones silverados ( oh the cpu on the desk is a 4770k)

Hshf1LU.jpg

Congrats you made it to the bottom of the post.

So why did I spend this much money on a computer? Cause I wanted to, actually its not to odd of a thing, I'm employed as a programmer and spend every waking moment on a computer, from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. If I have to set in front of a PC all day it has to be the best of the best for work or play, for reference I drive a shitty 12 year old pontiac vibe that has a crap load of scratches on it and its suspension is shot to hell.....but it runs fine, just has to survive a 10min commute to work everyday. 

So dropping 2k - 3k every 2 years on parts never bothers me. :P

should be good and a challenge. 

got to love Asus components

~snip~

Hey YellowDragon,

It does look like an interesting and challenging build. :) Please share photos once you are done.
Just a small note: Do make sure everything is secured properly as WD Black drives are performance-oriented and might have higher heat output and vibrations compared to regular drives. Provide adequate airflow in the case and you should be fine. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

To anyone interested in the x99 itx asrock a bit of a warning, the cooler it comes with is ear splitting loud.....I would wait until some waterblocks become available as air cooling on this board is a complete no go due to size constraints and the narrow ilm socket.... Probably the next upgrade is cpu cooling for me

To anyone interested in the x99 itx asrock a bit of a warning, the cooler it comes with is ear splitting loud.....I would wait until some waterblocks become available as air cooling on this board is a complete no go due to size constraints and the narrow ilm socket.... Probably the next upgrade is cpu cooling for me

Noctua makes secufirm 2 for narrow ILM. ask then about it and you can buy mounting for noctua coolers from them

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Noctua makes secufirm 2 for narrow ILM. ask then about it and you can buy mounting for noctua coolers from them

Did not realize they had a narrow ILM kit, ill have to check it out, thanks :D

Did not realize they had a narrow ILM kit, ill have to check it out, thanks :D

It's for their lower profile server stuff IIRC, linus mentioned it in his video currently on vessel

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it