The Nuclear Football- 4770k + 780TI ITX

YellowDragon

After recently selling off my old graphics cards and various other leftover parts. I thought I was due for a new build. I decided to use nothing from any of my previous builds and go for a tricked out ITX box with the goal to cram as much hardware in the tiniest box that i could find, while still  having the parts of a top of the line single GPU system. Im naming this build The Nuclear Football due to the case.

lian_li_pc-tu200.jpg

Parts List:

Case: lIAN lI PC 200U Itx Case

CPU: Intel Core i7- 4770K

MoBo: ASUS Z87I-Deluxe ITX

RAM: 4gb x2 Corsair Vengence LP 1600 Mhz

GPU: ASUS GTX 780TI

PSU: SilverStone Strider Gold 550W Modular 140mm Power Supply

Cooler: Noctua L9i 95mm Low Profile CPU Cooler

SSD: 120g Corsair Force GT

HDD: 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black in RAID 1

Here's an overview shot of the parts to tide you over, more pics coming soon.

WP_20131219_002_zps8e7e99e1.jpg

Here's a pic of the inside of the case:

WP_20131219_003_zps9c704c2d.jpg

Since this is a techforum, Im not going to bore you with stock shot imatations. First Up the Mobo With the L9i cooler and Vengeance RAM.

WP_20131219_015_zps9e460a17.jpg

Installing the Mobo into the case:

WP_20131219_016_zpsc2a5e869.jpg

I really hope Nvidia sticks with these types of coolers, they just look so damn sexy.

WP_20131219_017_zps22efddbf.jpg

Stuffing the large graphics card in:

WP_20131219_019_zpsb9cac71b.jpg

So far so good:

WP_20131219_025_zpsfe9293d4.jpg

How about some internal shots:

WP_20131220_003_zps84cac09a.jpg

WP_20131220_005_zps4ae6a84d.jpg

All done:

WP_20131220_006_zps6e3fa903.jpg

DONT POST ON THE FORUMS DAMNIT! START BUULDING! I WANNA SEE RESULTS BY TONIGHT

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I%20came.jpg

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I need more...

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

:droolz:

currently dreaming of a these specs. Its worth 3 months of my salary  :(

DONT POST ON THE FORUMS DAMNIT! START BUULDING! I WANNA SEE RESULTS BY TONIGHT

How do you make an "expand thing" in your signature?

More. MOre.MORe.MORE NOW FOR LOVE OF GOD I NEED MORE... I've just found a new drug...

All good to go,

Temps:

CPU Idle, 34C

CPU load 65C

GPU Idle 33C

GPU load 81C

No overclocking as of yet, makes me a bit nervous with such a small cooler.

If anyone else wants to try a build in this case, I will advise of one thing, watch your powersupply mine was 140mm long and still I was trying to shoehorn the thing in.

Cable management is non-existent in this case, no tiedows, nada. Everything is really  crammed in there, expect to run parts at stock or close to stock. My main motive was a smaller power house to lug to and from college.

I wired the front fan to 12V, its still pretty quiet, I just want to make sure everything is getting cooled properly. The loudest and most annoying thing is honestly the harddrives as I can hear the write/read heads engage clearly and the case is all Aluminum so the sound kinda reverbs. Hopefully when SSDs drop to $300 per TB I can replace them so the thing is dead silent and even faster :D

very cool.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

soo small

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Awesome, who's carrying the football now?

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

things that would make this case shine would be super short custom made cables and if only you did not have so many drives. you could stick the 3.5inch in the 5.25inch bay and put the ssd on the underside of it maybe velcroed to the thing. Buy doing this you would not need the drive cages and would give everything much more room to breath. Infact if you went with a 3 or 4 tb drive and the SSD you would still have more storage than you have now and better airflow.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

how was the overclocking on this card? ive heard that on the 780ti that aren't from evga the voltage is locked is this true? how far have you pushed it? in the middle of a similar build with a similar 780ti and im interested to know, thanks. great build btw :)

how was the overclocking on this card? ive heard that on the 780ti that aren't from evga the voltage is locked is this true? how far have you pushed it? in the middle of a similar build with a similar 780ti and im interested to know, thanks. great build btw :)

Im not running an overclock on any of the components yet. The Asus 780TI is just like the rest of the other 780TIs its voltage locked to 106% power, I think even the EVGA ones are like this except the new kingpin design. The CPU im not even gonna try to push it, the noctua cooler im using is nothing more then a glorified stock cooler with quieter operation, this case is almost hard limited with a 80mm max height CPU cooler, with the larger then normal PSU that size realistically is 60mm, so its rather hard to get anything out of the CPU without a de-lid.

Im not running an overclock on any of the components yet. The Asus 780TI is just like the rest of the other 780TIs its voltage locked to 106% power, I think even the EVGA ones are like this except the new kingpin design. The CPU im not even gonna try to push it, the noctua cooler im using is nothing more then a glorified stock cooler with quieter operation, this case is almost hard limited with a 80mm max height CPU cooler, with the larger then normal PSU that size realistically is 60mm, so its rather hard to get anything out of the CPU without a de-lid.

thanks for the reply :)

things that would make this case shine would be super short custom made cables and if only you did not have so many drives. you could stick the 3.5inch in the 5.25inch bay and put the ssd on the underside of it maybe velcroed to the thing. Buy doing this you would not need the drive cages and would give everything much more room to breath. Infact if you went with a 3 or 4 tb drive and the SSD you would still have more storage than you have now and better airflow.

little pricy to replace the drives as of now, especially when they both work great, I might go for a larger SSD in the future. I dont know if I could bring myself to basically scrap two working Black level drives. If intel comes out with their 2TB SSD in the spring I might be convinced to get rid of mechanical drives entirely.

• 1 month later...

thinking about getting this cooler for my itx build, what are your thoughts on it? I have a 4670k what temperatures can I expect?

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB