Razer's Brings Chroma To The Mouse Mat, why?

ahhming

Too small honestly....I like my mouse pad to be HUGE, like covering almost half my desk so I can put my keyboard on it too. =D

That is so awesome! I was just wondering what else I can plug into my 10 port USB hub... /s

no many suck

No.

No. A 20$ mousepad compared to a 5$ mouserpad will be do the exact same thing.

What else is different? The thickness? That's it?

If it had any other logo on it you would all love it ;)

No. A 20$ mousepad compared to a 5$ mouserpad will be do the exact same thing.

What else is different? The thickness? That's it?

Surface material, texture, quality, braided edges(against peeling)

http://youtu.be/L-rCKUrgwdQ

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

If you can change it to just once color, then it's awesome.

If not: BOOOOOOO

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I love the bitching hypocrisy of users here. Aesthetics matter! No wait, they don't! Price to performance only matters! No wait, I want that good looking component! 

Ahh, so amusing. 

Good mouse mats are a personal purchase. Both of mine were 30 bucks each, a Steelseries and a Razer, both are very good and have lasted me years and I would do it again. Cause paying for aesthetics and quality is something I consider, not just "price to performance" or "dollars per fps". Cause those two metrics aren't everything and they certainly don't apply to all products or people. 

This is neat. I wouldn't get it because my current Razer pad is 100% functional. I can see why people would. It is their money to spend, let them spend it. Stop being so fucking pious about what components you buy, let people do their own thing. 

It's not super bad or something, if keyboards and mice can be RGB why not mousepads?

The thing is that it's another wire to reroute and plug in, which is annoying. But that is the only possible minus.

If it's a good mouse mat, why not?

because a good mouse mat does not need to cost $59.99

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

To answer the 'why?' question: so they can make money off of people who want one?

If it's a good mousepad, great. The only other thing it offers is aesthetics, and aesthetics are personal preference. TBH I don't see how there is much to discuss.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

To answer the 'why?' question: so they can make money off of people who want one?

If it's a good mousepad, great. The only other thing it offers is aesthetics, and aesthetics are personal preference. TBH I don't see how there is much to discuss.

LTT, where everything is about price to performance and if you spend money on nice looking things that don't increase your FPS, you are a idiot. 

Thats why its such a big deal. 

Razer, making shit products but going after the people who want RGB on everything.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

LTT, where everything is about price to performance and if you spend money on nice looking things that don't increase your FPS, you are a idiot. 

But it doesn't even support Freesync

Razer, making shit products but going after the people who want RGB on everything.

This is a shit product? Have you used it or seen reviews yet? It doesn't even ship until June for christsake

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

But it doesn't even support Freesync

Sigh, I knew it. 

Razer is trying to divide the industry by using their mouse mats. Wake up people, we need to take stand! 

Couldnt have said it better, sometimes LTT is a bit too focussed on budget and cost instead of the just "wow" or "awesome" factor, altough this mousemat is borderline IMO, can see it in show/LAN set-ups though.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Couldnt have said it better, sometimes LTT is a bit too focussed on budget and cost instead of the just "wow" or "awesome" factor, altough this mousemat is borderline IMO, can see it in show/LAN set-ups though.

preferences.

Super cool idea, but not for me. I prefer mouse pads I can put under running water to clean them.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I can't wait for the Peripherals sub-forum to be flooded with "Is Razer Firefly the best mouse pad???" posts. :)

Well mice don't have any underlights like cars can so this is pretty nice :)

Instead of modding it yourself u can get it done.

If its part of aluminium mousemat then the price is reasonable.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I like the way the lighting is done, just around the edges and the logo in the corner, for me just enough to look pretty cool and yet not too much to be distracting.  

The only concerns I have about this mouse pad is 1.  it is a hard mousepad, call me spoiled or whatever, but I prefer a soft cushiony, would be nice if this razer one came in with a softer surface.  

2.  the bump that the cable comes out of, is it even with the top of the mousepad?  if not, then it would be rather annoying to slide my mouse and bang into it or haivng my mouse cable get caught on it.   Maybe for some people this might not be a concern, but anytime I'ver ever used a mousepad that has some kind of wrist rest or border or bump anywhere on it, it becomes annoying for even the few times I bump into it and/or my mouse cable gets caught on it and then I start to focus on it too much and hate it. I use a mousepad now that is about the same size as this razer one so I can totally see hitting that bump.   Maybe they release a version that is a bit bigger and then that bump wouldn't be a concern

Rock On!

Every mouse mat is a good mouse mat. It only depends on how big you want it.

Absolutely not. The Razer Goliathus is a terrible mousepad. No matter which mouse I used the cursor would always jump around and the big holes make it annoying to clean.

Sorry but I have got myself a cheap hockey team mousepad 3 years ago for 5$ and it's still in great condition and shape. 

Not everyone has had that good fortune.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

They should have made a wireless mouse to go with it and the mat charges the mouse wirelessly or something. Patent pending, dont steal that idea